- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparative Effectiveness of Hwangryunhaedok-tang Pharmacopuncture, Essential Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture and Jungsongouhyul Pharmacopuncture for Cervical Pain caused by Traffic Accidents: A Retrospective Observational Study
교통사고 후 발생한 경항통에 대한 황련해독탕약침, 봉독약침, 중성어혈약침 치료의 효과 비교 연구: 후향적 관찰 연구
- Kim, Young-Jun (Department of Korean Medicine, The Graduate School of Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Ryeong (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Woo, Chang-Hoon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Daegu Haany University) ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Korean Medicine Hospital, Pusan National University)
- 김영준 (부산대학교 일반대학원 한의학과) ;
- 김태령 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과) ;
- 우창훈 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과) ;
- 신병철 (부산대학교 한방병원 한방재활의학과)
- Received : 2018.03.17
- Accepted : 2018.04.02
- Published : 2018.04.30
Objectives The purpose of this study is to compare the effectiveness of Hwangryunhaedok-tang Pharmacopuncture, Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture and Jungsongouhyul Pharmacopuncture on cervical pain caused by traffic accident retrospectively. Methods The retrospective observational chart review was conducted to 52 cases of traffic accident patients who had admitted to Daegu haany University Pohang Korean Hospital from December 1st, 2015 to May 31th, 2017. The patients were classified into three groups by which pharmacopuncture was used as Hwangryunhaedoktang pharmacopuncture treatment group, bee venom pharmacopuncture treatment group and Jungsongouhyul pharmacopuncture treatment group. Additionally, outcomes should include Neck disability index(NDI) and patient's global assessment(PGA) for evaluate the treatment effects. Results Each pharmacopuncture treatment group showed significant decrease of NDI and PGA. But there was no significant difference in NDI and PGA between three groups. Conclusions According to the results, we found out that 3 kinds of pharmacopunctures are considered to be effective and useful for cervical pain patients caused by traffic injury. Further well designed prospective studies are needed.
- Cho SW. Survey on expectation of Korean medicine treatment in 39 cases by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(3):189-99.
- Kim YJ, Kim TR, Woo CH, Park JH. The retrospective analysis of traffic accident inpatients in Korean and Western medicine hospital. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2016;26(4):97-105. https://doi.org/10.18325/JKMR.2016.26.4.97
- Park SY, Lee YK, Kim JS, Lim SC, Lee BH, Jung TY, Ha ID, Han SW, Lee KM. Survery of Oriental medical care for traffic accident patients with automobile insurance; 544 cases report. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(3):1-10.
- Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna manual medicine. 2nd ed. Seoul:Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2014:363-77.
- Kim MA, Park YJ. A study on acupuncture treatment for disorders following whiplash injuries. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2000;17(3):75-86.
- Kim TH, Park WH, Cha YY. A retrospective study on the effects of ShinBaro pharmacopuncture and Jungsongouhyul pharmacopuncture on whiplash injury by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(4):1-7.
- Yun SH, Jung WS, Cho SH, Cho HS. The clinical study for Chuna treatment on patients with cervicogenic headache caused by traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2012;22(2):165-75.
- Jo HG, Park AR, Kee YB, Kang DH, Choi JB, Sul JU. A clinical trial on the blood stasis and efficacy of Kyejibokryong-whan(Guizhifuling-wan) in the patients with m otor v ehicle a ccident. J Korean M ed R ehabil. 2011;21(3):45-55.
- Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute Scholarship Committee, Pharmacopuncture Medicine Laboratory. Pharmacopuncturology 2nd ed. Seoul:Elsevier Korea. 2011:1-32,93-115.
- Lee JS, Lee SJ, Nam JH, Kim KW, Lee MJ, Lim SJ, Jun JY, Song JH. The comparative study on the effect of pharmacopuncture treatment, Chuna treatment, pharmacopuncture - Chuna cooperative treatment for neck pain caused by traffic accidents. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine Society. 2012;29(5):87-95.
- Han KI, Jeon YT, Sin SH, Lee JH, Ko YS. The retrospective comparative study on the effect of muscle relaxation pharmacopuncture and Chuna manual therapy for neck pain caused by traffic accidents. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2016;11(1):25-32.
- Lee YC, Nam DJ, Huh G, Lee JE, Kim BNR, Song EM, Lee EJ, Lee JM, Oh MS. The comparative study on the effect of HWANGRYUNHAEDOKTANG pharmacopuncture and essential bee venom pharmacopuncture for cervical pain caused by traffic accidents: a randomized controlled trial. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2014;24(4):145-53.
- Kim TH, Park WH, Cha YY. Comparative study on effects on bee venom pharmacopuncture and ouhyul herbal acpuncture in low back pain caused by traffic accident. J Oriental Rehab Med. 2012;22(2):177-84.
- Kim TH, Jeong SH, Yoon TK, Lee SJ, Shin SJ, Kwon OJ, Joo YG, Lee JC, Park JY. A comparison of the effect of Shinbaro pharmacopuncture and Jakyakgamcho decoction pharmacopuncture treatments in patients with low back pain caused by traffic accidents: a retrospective, case series observational study. The Acupuncture. 2015;32(4):157-65. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2015070
- Song KJ, Choi BW, Kim SJ, Yoon SJ. Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Korean version of the neck disability index. J Korean Orthop Assoc. 2009;44(3):350-9. https://doi.org/10.4055/jkoa.2009.44.3.350
- Vernon H, Mior S. The neck disability index: a study of reliability and validity. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 1991;14(7):409-15.
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. 6th ed. Seoul:ChoiSin Medical Publishing Co. 2006:55.
- Shin JH, Oh MS. The retrospective analysis of 1,162 traffic accident inpatients in Korean medicine hospital. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(4):233-50.
- Kim EG, Cha YY. A study on characteristics of skin resistance variability (SRV) in the traffic accident patients prescribed Dangkisoo-san (Dangguixu-san). J Korean Med Rehabil. 2008;18(3):119-32.
- Yoon IJ, Oh MS, Song TW. Clinical Analysis of 112 Cases of Traffic Accident Patients. J of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine. 1998;8(1):317-32.
- Kang J H, J ang SG, Lee H, L ee B R . The clinical study on 37 cases of whiplash injury patients which caused by traffic accident. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2002;19(3):180-91.
- Lee HJ. An introduction to pharmacopuncture. Seoul:Iljungsa. 1999:71-91.
- Im JG, Lee JB, Lee HG, Yook TH, Kim JU. Effects of the acupuncture therapy in combination with Soyeom pharmacopuncture therapy on acute whiplash injury by traffic accident. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2011;28(4):9-18.
- Song BY. A clinical study on the effects of sweet bee venom herbal acupuncture for patients with whiplash injury. Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2007;10(3):77-83. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2007.10.3.077
- Seol H, Song BR, Sin MS, Yook TH. Effects of jungsongouhyul herbal acupuncture (JSO) multi-treatment for whiplash injury by traffic accident. Journal of Pharmacopuncture. 2005;8(1):59-65. https://doi.org/10.3831/KPI.2005.8.1.059
- Chang SY, Cha JH, Jung KH, Lee TH, Hwang HS, Yoo JS, Lee EY, Roh JD. The clinical study of herbal acupuncture for neck pain caused by whiplash injury. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2007;24(4):35-41.
- Seol H, Yook TH. Effects of Hwangryunhaedoktang herbal-acupuncture at G21(Kyonjong) on the heart rate variability. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2004;21(6):37-50.