- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Case Report of Korean Rehabilitation Treatment and Analysis of Conservative Treatment of Pelvic Fracture in Korea
골반 골절에 한방재활치료를 적용한 증례 보고 및 보존적 치료에 대한 국내 문헌 분석
- Ha, Hyun Ju ;
- Gu, Ji Hyang ;
- Choi, Bong Seok ;
- Oh, Tae Young ;
- Oh, Eun Mi ;
- Li, Yu-Chen ;
- Oh, Min-Seok
- Received : 2018.03.18
- Accepted : 2018.04.10
- Published : 2018.04.30
The objective of this study is to investigate conservative treatment of pelvic fracture, and report that Korean rehabilitation treatment is effective for pelvic fracture. We reported a case about pelvic fracture treated with Korean rehabilitation treatment. We searched 10 domestic electronic databases to find reports on conservative treatment of pelvic fracture. We selected and analyzed 12 studies. In this case, pain, range of motion, and Oswestry Disability Index of patient were improved by Korean rehabilitation treatment. In analysis, traction, pelvic sling, hip spica cast, pelvic belt, medication are used in western medical treatment. Acupuncture, herbal medicine, cupping, moxibustion, physical therapy, manual therapy are used in Korean medical treatment. Most of conservative treatments are effective for pain, bone union, osteoporosis, dysfunction. In this study, we expect further study of Korean rehabilitation treatment program for pelvic fracture to compensate existing conservative treatment.
Pelvic fracture;Conservative treatment;Korean rehabilitation treatment
- Rehabilitation medicine of Korean medicine. Oriental rehabilitation medicine. 3rd ed. Seoul:Koonja. 2011:200-4,275-7.
- The Korean orthopaedic association. Orthopaedics. Seoul:ChoiSin Medical Publishing Co. 2013:1159-61,1419.
- Lee SH. Pelvic ring injury. J Korean Hip Soc. 2009;21(4):292-9. https://doi.org/10.5371/jkhs.2009.21.4.292
- Moon SJ, Lee EG, Ko YS, Song YS, Lee JH. A case report on pelvic fracture accompanied with osteoporosis improved by conservative treatment. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2010;5(1):49-56.
- Hwang SK, Lee YS. Conservative treatment of pelvic ring and acetabular fracture. J Korean Soc Fract. 1994;7(1):12-9. https://doi.org/10.12671/jksf.1918.104.22.168
- Kim MK, Hwang JP, Kim HS, Hong SY, Heo DS, Yoon IJ, Oh MS. Case reports of fractures in two patients undergoing osteoporosis. J Oriental Rehab Med. 2007;17(4):255-67.
- Lee JH, Song MH, Choi CM. Case report of a pelvic pain patient with pubic fracture caused by traffic accident. J Korean Obstet Gynecol. 2015;28(4):88-96. https://doi.org/10.15204/jkobgy.2015.28.4.088
- Shim SY, Park HJ, Lee JM, Lee HS. An overview of pain measurements. The Korean Journal of Meridian & Acupoint. 2007;24(2):77-97.
- Jeon CH, Kim DJ, Kim DJ, Lee HM, Park HJ. Cross-cultural adaptation of the Korean version of the Oswestry disability index. Journal of Korean Spine Surg. 2005;12(2):146-52. https://doi.org/10.4184/jkss.2005.12.2.146
- Fairbank JC, Pynsent PB. The Oswestry disability index. Spine. 2000;25(22):2940-53. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200011150-00017
- Davidson M, Keating JL. A comparison of five low back disability questionnaires: reliability and reponsiveness. Physical Therapy. 2002;82(1):8-24. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/82.1.8
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, Department of EBH. HIRA's guideline for undertaking systematic reviews. Seoul:Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2013:13-6, 27-37, 53.
- Kim SY, Park JE, Seo HJ, Lee YJ, Jang BH, Son HJ, Suh HS, Shin CM. NECA's guidance for undertaking systematice reviews and meta-analyses for intervention. Seoul:National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. 2011:59-63,130.
- Lee KS, Choo KH, Ahn BH. A clinical study of the unstable pelvic fractures involving sacro-iliac joint. Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association. 1973;8(2):100-6.
- Ihn JC. A clinical study of the unstable pelvic fractures. Kyungpook Univ Med J. 1978;19(1):95-9.
- Han SI, Choi YK, Oh HY, Ahn JI, Kang KS. A clinical observation of the pelvic bone fracture. Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association. 1982;17(4):643-8.
- Seol GY, Choi JS, Park CH, Lee CS, Kim WT. Clinical experience of undetected pelvic bone fracture during treatment of pelvic pain. The Journal of The Korean Pain Society. 2003;16(2):258-61.
- Lee SW, Park WH, Cha YY, Kim MK, Kim HD. Clinical research on 1 case of pelvic bone fracture. J Oriental Rehab Med. 2004;14(2):147-53.
- Choi YS, Kim KS, Jung HG, Jang HH. Pelvic bone stress fracture after lumbar spinal fusion: two cases report. J. of Korean Orthop Assoc. 2005;40(1):95-8. https://doi.org/10.4055/jkoa.2005.40.1.95
- Park JM, Ryu MK, Kim SH, Jung SH, Kim JR, Kim HS. Noninvasive reduction of fractures of pubis and separation of symphysis pubis by circumferential pelvic belt. J Korean Acad Rehab Med. 2008;32(2):234-8.
- Koh HS, Song ES, Lee EB. Pelvis insufficiency fracture after total knee arthroplasty. J Korean Orthop Assoc. 2010;45(4):330-3. https://doi.org/10.4055/jkoa.2010.45.4.330
- Ahn HM, Kim JC, Na SS. A case report of simple pelvic fracture with ostomy. J. of Medical Gi-gong. 2013;13(1):1-18.
- Jeong JY, Song HJ, Yoon TK, Kim SY, Yang TJ, Lee EJ, Hyun MK, Cho MR. A clinical case report on fracture of pelvic, tibia and fibula caused by traffic accident after Korean medicine treatment. Journal of the Spine & Joint Korean Medicine. 2016;13(1):77-84. https://doi.org/10.14245/kjs.2016.13.2.77
- Cho MR, Jang HJ. Classification of pelvic bone fracture and conservative treatment. Journal of the Korean Hip Society. 2005;17(3):215-21.
- Stahel PF, Hammerberg EM. History of pelvic fracture management: a review. World J Emerg Surg. 2016;11:18. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27148396. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13017-016-0075-4
- Sarwark JF, American academy of orthopaedic surgeons. Essentials of musculoskeletal care. 4th ed. 2010. Park JH, Lee YJ, translators. Seoul:Panmuneducation. 2015:575-6.
- Page. P, Frank. C, Lardner R. Assessment and treatment of muscle Imbalance: the Janda approach. Seoul:Yeongmoonsa 2012:125-72.
- Kim SY, Choi SJ, Yoon KH, Kim KC, Kim SJ, Nam KS, Park SY, Seo SW. Sling exercise technique. 2nd ed. Seoul:Panmuneducation. 2016:3.