- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Research on Line Overload Emergency Control Strategy Based on the Source-Load Synergy Coefficient
- Ma, Jing (State Key Laboratory of Alternate Electrical Power System with Renewable Energy Sources, North China Electric Power University) ;
- Kang, Wenbo (State Key Laboratory of Alternate Electrical Power System with Renewable Energy Sources, North China Electric Power University) ;
- Thorp, James S. (Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- Received : 2016.05.20
- Accepted : 2018.01.26
- Published : 2018.05.01
A line overload emergency control strategy based on the source-load synergy coefficient is proposed in this paper. First, the definition of the source-load synergy coefficient is introduced. When line overload is detected, the source-load branch synergy coefficient and source-load distribution synergy coefficient are calculated according to the real-time operation mode of the system. Second, the generator tripping and load shedding control node set is determined according to the source-load branch synergy coefficient. And then, according to the line overload condition, the control quantity of each control node is determined using the Double Fitness Particle Swarm Optimization (DFPSO), with minimum system economic loss as the objective function. Thus load shedding for the overloaded line could be realized. On this basis, in order to guarantee continuous and reliable power supply, on the condition that no new line overload is caused, some of the untripped generators are selected according to the source-load distribution synergy coefficient to increase power output. Thus power supply could be restored to some of the shedded loads, and the economic loss caused by emergency control could be minimized. Simulation tests on the IEEE 10-machine 39-bus system verify the effectiveness and feasibility of the proposed strategy.
Supported by : Chinese University Scientific Fund
- Nedic D.P, Dobson, I, Kirschen, D.S, Carreras B.A, and Lynch, V.E, "Criticality in a cascading failure blackout model," Int J Electr Power Energy Syst, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 627-633, Nov.2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2006.03.006
- Halim Abu B.A., Yatim F.M, Yusof S, and Othman M.R, "Analysis of overload conditions in distance relay under severe system contingencies," Int J Electr Power Energy Syst, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 345-350, Jun.2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2009.11.023
- Qi J.J, Mei S.W, and Liu F, "Blackout model considering slow process," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 3274-3283, Aug.2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2012.2230196
- Otomega, B., Marinakis, A., Glavic, M., and Van Cutsem, T, "Model predictive control to alleviate thermal overloads", IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1384-1385, Aug.2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2007.901677
- Abrantes H.D., and Castro C.A, "A new efficient nonlinear programming-based method for branch overload elimination," Electr. Power Comp. Syst., vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 525-537, Jun.2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/15325000290084948
- Girgis, Adly A., and Mathure, Shruti, "Application of active power sensitivity to frequency and voltage variations on load shedding," Electr Power Syst Res, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 306-310, Mar.2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2009.09.013
- Ota H., Kitayama Y., Ito H., Fukushima N.,Omata K., Morita K., and Kokai Y., "Development of transient stability control system (TSC system) based on online stability calculation," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1463-1472, Aug.1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.535687
- Xu H.M, Bi T.S, Huang S.F, Yang Q.X, and Ma R. "Study on wide area measurement system based control srategy to prevent cascading trips," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 27, no. 19, pp. 32-38, Jul.2007.
- Emmanouil M.V and Nikos D.H. "A particle swarm optimization method for power system dynamic security control," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 1032-1041, May.2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2009.2031224
- Liu K, Dong X, Wang B, Shi S. "Impact Analysis of Fault Dynamic Process on Power Flow Identification," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 28, no. 22, pp. 32-36, July.2011.
- Wu P, Cheng H, Qu G. "Algorithm to Solve Interval Minimum Load Cutting Problem for Transmission Planning," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 32, no. 28, pp. 41-146, Aug.2013.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, "Particle swarm optimization," in Proc. 1995 IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942-1948.
- Zhang T, Yu J, Yang X.Y, and Liao B. "Improved particle swarm optimization algorithm for cloud computing task scheduling," Computer Engineering and Applications, vol. 49, no. 19, pp. 68-72, 2013.
- Dai Y., Liu X.D., Ni Y.X., Wen F.S., Han Z.X., Shen C.M., Wu Felix F., "A cost allocation method for reactive power service based on power flow tracing," Electr Power Syst Res, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 59-65, Jan.2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7796(02)00147-5
- Xu S.L, Yu J.L. "Composite flow state computation of power network based on electrical dissection information," Power System Technology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 425-430, Feb.2013.
- Ma J, Li J.L, James S.T, Andrew J.A, Yang Q.X, and A. G. Phadke. "A fault steady state component-based wide area backup protection algorithm," IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 468-475, Sep.2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2011.2158861
- Zhou Z, Wang X, Du D, Li Y, Li M. "A Coordination Strategy Between Relay Protection and Stability Control Under Overload Conditions," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 32, no. 28, pp. 146-153, Oct.2013.