- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Novel Control Algorithm of a Three-phase Four-wire PV Inverter with Imbalance Load Compensation Function
- Le, Dinh-Vuong (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Soon (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Go, Byeong-Soo (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Park, Minwon (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Yu, In-Keun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2017.09.17
- Accepted : 2018.02.07
- Published : 2018.05.01
In this paper, the authors suggest a new control algorithm for a three-phase four-wire photovoltaic (PV) inverter with imbalance load compensation function using conventional proportional-integral (PI) controllers. The maximum power of PV panel is calculated by the MPPT control loop. The reference varying signals of current controllers are transformed to two different rotating frames where they become constant signals. Then simple PI controllers are applied to achieve zero steady-state error of the controllers. The proposed control algorithm are modeled and simulated with imbalance load configuration to verify its performance. The simulation results show that the maximum PV power is transferred to the grid and the imbalance power is compensated successfully by the proposed control algorithm. The inverter has a fast response (~4 cycles) during the transient period. The proposed control algorithm can be effectively utilized to the three-phase four-wire inverter with imbalance load compensation function.
Supported by : Korea Electric Power Corporation
- N. Jenkins, R. Allan, P. Crossley, D. Kirschen and G. Strbac, Embedded Generation, IET, 2000, p.1-10.
- Nikos Hatziargyrion, Microgrids; Architechtures and Control, IEEE Press Wiley, 2014, pp. 1-35.
- Gyeong-Hun Kim, Chulsang Hwang, Jin-Hong Jeon, Jong-Bo Ahn and Eung-Sang Kim, "A Novel Three-phase Four-leg Inverter based Load Unbalance Compensator for Stand-alone Microgrid," Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 65, pp. 70-75, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2014.09.035
- Chang-Soon Kim, Chulsang Hwang, Gyeong-Hun Kim, Minwon Park, In-Keun Yu, "Three-phase four-leg type PCS with individual phase control algorithm for compensating unbalance loads using ESS," in Proceeding of IEEE PEDS, pp. 903-907, Jun. 2015.
- Haitham Abu-Rub, Mariusz Malinowski and Kamal Al-Haddad, Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Systems, Transportation and Industrial Applications, IEEE WILEY, 2014, pp. 560-564.
- A. Sahara, A. Kessal, L. Rahmani and J. P. Gaubert, "Improved Sliding Mode Controller for Shunt Active Power Filter," JEET, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 662-669, May, 2016.
- C. Lascu, L. Asiminoaei, I. Boldea, and F. Blaabjerg, "High Performane Current Controller for Selective Harmonic Current Compensation in Active Power Filter," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1826-1835, Sept. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.904060
- S. Buso, L. Malesani, and P. Mattavelli, "Comparison of Current Control Techniques for Active Filters Applications," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Electron., vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 722-729, Oct. 1998.
- J. C. Basilio, and S. R. Matos, "Design of PI and PID controllers with transient performance specification", IEEE Trans. on Education, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 364-370, Nov.2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TE.2002.804399
- A. K. Al-Othman, M. Alsharidah, N. A. Ahmed and B. Alajmi "Model Predictive Control for Shunt Active Power Filter in Synchronous Reference Frame", JEET., vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 709-718, Mar. 2014.
- Xie Bin, Dai Ke, and Kang Yong, "DC Voltage Control for thre Three-Phase Four-Wire Shunt Split-capacitor Active Power Filter," in preceding of 9th Int. Electric Machines and Drives Conf., vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 1669-1673, May 2009.
- F. Briz, M. W. Degner, and R. D. Lorentz, "Analysis and Design of Current Regulators using Complex Vectors," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 817-825, May/June. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.845057
- Chennai Salim, Benchouia M-T and Golea A., "Harmonic Current Compensation based on Three-phase Three-Level Shunt Active Filter using Fuzzy Logic Current Controller," JEET, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 595-604, Sept. 2011.
- D.V. Le, S. M. Park, M. Park, and I. K. Yu, "Hardware-Based Implementation of a PIDR Controller for Single-Phase Power Factor Correction," KSIIS, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 21-30, Aug. 2016.
- K. Basaran, and N. S. Cetin, "Designing of a fuzzy controller for grid connected photovoltaic system's converter and comparing with PI controller," in Proceeding of IEEE ICRERA, pp. 102-106, Nov. 2016.
- F. Ronilaya, J. Miyauchi, and A. Kurniawan, "PID-Type Fuzzy Controller for Grid-Supporting Inverter of Battery in Embedded Small Variable Speed Wind Turbine," JPEE, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 151-160, Apri. 2014. https://doi.org/10.4236/jpee.2014.24022
- M. Venkatesan, R. Rajeswari, and N. Deverajan, "A Fuzzy Logic Based Three phase Inverter with Single DC Source for Grid Connected PV System Employing Three Phase Transformer," JEER, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 739-745, Jun. 2015.