- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Practical Stability Control Strategy for DC/DC Converters
- Jiang, Lin (Department of Instrumental Electrical Engineering, School of Aerospace Engineering, Xiamen University, Shenzhen Research Institute of Xiamen University) ;
- Li, Po (Department of Instrumental Electrical Engineering, School of Aerospace Engineering, Xiamen University, Shenzhen Research Institute of Xiamen University)
- Received : 2017.05.15
- Accepted : 2018.02.26
- Published : 2018.05.01
This paper aims at designing an intelligent controller, based on control Lyapunov Function strategy integrated with fabricating discrete model of Buck and Boost converters and analyzing energy changes during the DC/DC progress to realize tracing reference current on Buck and Boost converters. In addition, practical stability phenomenon research and transient performance analysis has been proposed to give an insight to the influence of controller parameters in achieving an enhanced output performance and how the time of sample period affect the error of practical stability will be illustrated. The novelty of this controller in comparison to other schemes lies in the improved performance of practical stability.
Supported by : Nature Science Foundation of China, Nature Science Foundation of Shenzhen City
- Chang-Soon Lim and Kui-Jun Lee, "Nonisolated Two-Phase Bidirectional DC-DC Converter with Zero-Voltage-Transition for Battery Energy Storage System," in J Electr Eng Technol., vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 2237-2246, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.6.2237
- Luo Yutao and Wang Feng, "Optimization of Bidirectional DC/DC Converter for Electric Vehicles Based on Driving Cycle," in J Electr Eng Technol., vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1934-1944, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.5.1934
- H. Sira-Ramirez, "Nonlinear P-I controller design for switch mode DC-to-DC power converters," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 410-417, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/31.75397
- Divya Navamani. J, Vijayakumar. K, Jegatheesan. R and Lavanya. A, "High Step-up DC-DC Converter by Switched Inductor and Voltage Multiplier Cell for Automotive Applications," in J Electr Eng Technol., vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 189-197, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.1.189
- A. Soto, P. Alou, J. A. Oliver, J. A. Cobos, and J. Uceda, "Optimum control design of PWM-buck topologies to minimize output impedance," in Proc. 17th Annu. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. Expo. (APEC), pp. 426-432, Mar. 2002.
- V.I. Utkin, "Variable structure systems with sliding modes," IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 212-222, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1977.1101446
- C. Edwards, S. K. Spurgeon, "Sliding Mode Control: Theory and Applications, Taylor & Francis, Francis," London, UK, 1998.
- Vadim Utkin, "Sliding mode control of DC/DC converters," J. Frankl. Inst., vol. 350, no. 8, pp. 2146-2165, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2013.02.026
- Shui-Chun Lin, Ching-Chin Tsai, "Adaptive back stepping control with integral action for PWM buck DC-DC converters," J. Chin. Inst. Eng., vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 977-984, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/02533839.2005.9671072
- Marikkannan. A and Manikandan. B.V, "Fuzzy Controlled ZVS Asymmetrical PWM Full-bridge DC-DC Converter for Constant Load High Power Applications," in J Electr Eng Technol., vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1235-1244, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.3.1235
- Elias Shokati Asl and Mehran Sabahi, "Bidirectional Quasi-Cuk DC/DC Converter with Reduced Voltage Stress on Capacitor and Capability of Changing the Output Polarity," in J Electr Eng Technol., vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1108-1113, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.3.1108