- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of an Adaptive Sliding-Mode Observer for Sensorless Vector Controlled Induction Machine Drives
- Zhang, Yanqing (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Yin, Zhonggang (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Liu, Jing (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Tong, Xiangqian (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Xi'an University of Technology)
- Received : 2017.09.16
- Accepted : 2018.01.26
- Published : 2018.05.01
An adaptive sliding-mode observer for speed estimation in sensorless vector controlled induction machine drives is proposed in this paper to balance the dilemma between the requirement of fast reaching transient and the chattering phenomenon reduction on the sliding-mode surface. It is well known that the sliding-mode observer (SMO) suffers from the chattering phenomenon. However, the reduction of the chattering phenomenon will lead to a slow transient process. In order to balance this dilemma, an adaptive exponential reaching law is introduced into SMO by optimizing the reaching way to the sliding-mode surface. The adaptive exponential reaching law is based on the options of an exponential term that adapts to the variations of the sliding-mode surface and system states. Moreover, the proposed sliding-mode observer considering adaptive exponential reaching law, which is called adaptive sliding-mode observer (ASMO), is capable for reducing the chattering phenomenon and decreasing the reaching time simultaneously. The stability analysis for ASMO is achieved based on Lyapunov stability theory. Simulation and experimental results both demonstrate the correctness and the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- Z. Yin, Y. Zhang, C. Du, J. Liu, X. Sun and Y. Zhong, "Research on anti-error performance of speed and flux estimation for induction motors based on robust adaptive state observer," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 3499-3510, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2016.2524414
- Y. Zhang, J. Zhu, Z. Zhao, W. Xu and D. G. Dorrell, "An improved direct torque control for three-level inverter-fed induction motor sensorless drive," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1502-1513, Mar. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2043543
- K. Wang, B. Chen, G. Shen, W. Yao, K. Lee and Z. Lu, "Online updating of rotor time constant based on combined voltage and current mode flux observer for speed-sensorless AC drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 4583-4593, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2288227
- G. Wang, L. Yang, G. Zhang, X. Zhang and D. Xu, "Comparative investigation of pseudo-random high frequency signal injection schemes for sensorless IPMSM drives," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 2123-2132, Mar. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2016.2569418
- W. Sun, J. Gao, Y. Yu, G. Wang and D. Xu, "Robustness improvement of speed estimation in speed-sensorless induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 2525-2536, May/Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2015.2512531
- A. Angelo, M. Cirrincione, M. Pucci and G. Vitale, "Closed-loop MRAS speed observer for linear induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 2279-2290, May/Jun. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2014.2375377
- A. V. R. Teja, V. Verma and C. Chakraborty, "A new formulation of reactive-power-based model reference adaptive system for sensorless induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 6797-6807, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2015.2432105
- B. Wang, Y. Zhao, Y. Yu, G. Wang, D. Xu and Z. Dong, "Speed-sensorless induction machine control in the field-weakening region using discrete speed-adaptive full-order observer," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 5759-5773, Aug. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2496350
- W. Sun, Y. Yu, G. Wang, B. Li and D. Xu, "Design method of adaptive full order observer with or without estimated flux error in speed estimation algorithm," IEEE Trans. Power. Electron., vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 2609-2626, Mar. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2440373
- I. M. Alsofyani and N. R. N. Idris, "Simple flux regulation for improving state estimation at very low and zero speed of a speed sensorless direct torque control of an induction motor", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 3027-3035, Apr. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2447731
- Z. Yin, C. Zhao, J. Liu, and Y. Zhong, "Research on anti-error performance of speed and flux estimator for induction motor using robust reduced-order EKF," IEEE Trans. Ind. Informatics., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 1037-1046, May. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2012.2222422
- Z. Yin C. Zhao, Y. Zhong and J. Liu, "Research on robust performance of speed-sensorless vector control for the induction motor using an interfacing multiple-model extended Kalman filter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 3011-3019, Jun. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2272091
- S. A. Davari, D. A. Khaburi, F. Wang and R. M. Kennel, "Using full order and reduced order observers for robust sensorless predictive torque control of induction motors," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 3424-3433, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2179812
- F. Wang, Z. Zhang, S. A. Davari, R. Fotouhi, D. A. Khaburi and J. Rodriguez and R. Kennel, "An encoderless predictive torque control for an induction machine with a revised prediction model and EFOSMO," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 6635-6644, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2317140
- Z. Yan, C. Jin and V. Utkin, "Sensorless sliding-mode control of induction motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1286-1297, Dec. 2000.
- J. Chen and J. Huang, "Online decoupled stator and rotor resistances adaptation for speed sensorless induction motor drives by a time-division approach," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 4587-4599, Jun. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2016.2596839
- A. Derdiyok, M. K. Güven, H.-u. Rehman, N. Inanc and L. Xu, "Design and implementation of a new sliding-mode observer for speed-sensorless control of induction machine," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1177-1182, Oct. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2002.803247
- A. Derdiyok, "Simple method for speed and rotor resistance estimation of induction machines," IEE Proc. - Electr. Power Appl., vol. 150, no. 3, pp. 289-294, May 2003. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20030152
- H. Rehman, A. Derdiyok, M. K. Guven, L. Xu, "A new current model flux observer for wide speed range sensorless control of an induction machine," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1041-1048, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2002.805579
- A. Derdiyok, "Speed-sensorless control of induction motor using a continuous control approach of sliding-mode and flux observer," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1170-1176, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.851594
- J. Li, L. Xu and Z. Zhang, "An adaptive sliding-mode observer for induction motor sensorless speed control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1039-1046, Jul./Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.851585
- Z. Zhang, H. Xu, L. Xu and L. E. Heilman, "Sensorless direct field-oriented control of three-phase induction motors based on 'sliding mode' for washing-machine drive applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 694-701, May/Jun. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.872919
- M. Comanescu, "Design and implementation of a highly robust sensorless sliding mode observer for the flux magnitude of the induction motor," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 649-657, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2016.2516951
- Y.-H. Chang, C.-I. Wu, H.-C. Chen, C.-W. Chang and H.-W. Lin, "Fractional-order integral sliding-mode flux observer for sensorless vector-controlled induction motors," in Proc. American Control Conference (ACC), San Francisco, USA, 2011, vol. 3, pp. 190-195.
- Y.-H. Chang, C.-I. Wu, H.-W. Lin, H.-C. Chen and C.-W. Chang "Fractional order integral sliding-mode flux observer for direct field-oriented induction machines," International Journal of Innovative Computing Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 7(A), pp. 4851-4868, Jul. 2012.
- Z. Kandoussi, Z. Boulghasoul, A. Elbacha and A. Tajer, "Fuzzy sliding mode observer based sensorless indirect FOC for IM drives," in Proc. Third World Conference on Complex Systems (WCCS), Marrakech, Morocco, 2015, pp. 1-6.
- R. P. Vieira, C. C. Gastaldini, R. Z. Azzolin, H. A. Grundling, "Discrete-time sliding mode speed observer for sensorless control of induction motor drives," IET Electr. Power Appl., vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 681-688, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2011.0269
- A. Mezouar, M. K. Fellah, S. Hadjeri and Y. Sahali "Adaptive speed sensorless vector control of induction motor using singularly perturbed sliding mode observer," in Proc. IEEE IECON, 2006, pp. 932-939.
- G. Wang, Z. Li, G. Zhang, Y. Yu and D. Xu, "Quadrature PLL-based high-order sliding mode observer for IPMSM sensorless control with online MTPA control strategy," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 214-224, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2012.2228484
- W. C. A. Pereira, C. M. R. Oliveira, M. P. Santana, T. E. P. d. Almeida, A. G. d. Castro, G. T. Paula and M. L. Aguiar, "Improved sensorless vector control of induction motor using sliding mode observer," IEEE Latin America Transactions, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 3110-3116, Jul. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TLA.2016.7587609