- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Watt-Hour Metering Characteristics at Scott Transformer in AC Electric Railway Systems
- Lee, Hansang (BK21+ Humanware IT Program, Korea University) ;
- Lee, Kyebyung (Eco-friendly Transfer System Research Center, Pukyung National University) ;
- Kim, Kisuk (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Park, Yong-Up (Power Distribution Laboratory, KEPRI) ;
- Jeon, Young-Soo (Power Distribution Laboratory, KEPRI) ;
- Joo, Sung-Kwan (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Jang, Gilsoo (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Park, Chang-Hyun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2017.12.27
- Accepted : 2018.02.02
- Published : 2018.05.01
Owing to the consistent increase in accurate analysis issue for energy consumption of the AC electric railway systems, there is controversy about the adequacy of the present watt-hour metering configuration. Due to the unusual load characteristics and facilities, the discussions have not been active. Therefore, in order to achieve more accurate watt-hour metering for AC electric railway system, this paper proposes numerical formulas for watt-hour metering that reflects the highly-varying characteristics of the railway load and the structural characteristics of the Scott transformer. The proposed formulas have been verified by comparison with site-measured data, and a more suitable metering configuration for AC railway system has been proposed.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- D. RajaPrivanka, G. ShanmugaPriya, R. Sabashini, V. M. E. Janintha, "Power generation and energy management in railway system," presented at the 3rd Int. Conf. on Science Technology Engineering & Management, Chennai, India, 2017.
- V. T. Cheremisin, A. A. Komyakov, V. V. Erbes, "Simulation of power consumption in railway power supply systems with of artificial intelligence aids," presented at the Int. Conf. on Industrial Engineering, Applications and Manufacturing, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2017.
- Mehran Shafighy, Sui Yang Khoo, Abbas Z. Kouzani, "Modified DSC Propulsion Systems for Efficient Direct Recovery of Regeneration in 25-kV AC Traction Power Supply," IEEE Trans. on Transp. Elect., vol. 3, Issue 3, pp. 632-645, Mar. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TTE.2017.2675627
- Hansang Lee, Hanmin Lee, Changmu Lee, Gilsoo Jang, Gildong Kim, "Energy Storage Application Strategy on DC Electric Railroad System using a Novel Railroad Analysis Algorithm," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 228-238, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.2.228
- Hansang Lee, Seungmin Jung, Yoonsung Cho, Donghee Yoon, Gilsoo Jang, "Peak power reduction and energy efficiency improvement with the superconducting flywheel energy storage in electric railway system," Physica C, vol. 494, pp. 246-249, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physc.2013.04.033
- Changmu Lee, Hansang Lee, Dong-Hee Yoon, Hanmin Lee, Jiyoung Song, Gilsoo Jang, Byungmoon Han, "A Novel Fault Location Scheme on Korean Electric Railway System Using the 9-Conductor Representation," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 220-227, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.2.220
- Yun Li, Peter A. Crossley, "Voltage balancing in low-voltage radial feeders using Scott transformers," IET Gener. Transm. Distrib., Vol. 8, Issue 8, pp. 1489-1498, Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd.2013.0528
- S.-H. Chang, K.-H. Oh, and J.-H Kim, "Analysis of voltage unbalance in the electric railway system using two-port network model," KIEE Trans., Vol. 50A, no. 5, pp. 248-254, May 2001.