- Volume 21 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Mixed RF/FSO Dual-hop Transmission with Switch-and-Stay Combining
Switch-and-Stay Combining 기반 Mixed RF/FSO Dual-hop 전송 시스템 성능 분석
- Hwang, Kyu-Sung (School of Electronic Eng., Kyungil University)
- Received : 2017.11.15
- Accepted : 2018.03.09
- Published : 2018.04.30
In this paper, we provide the performance analyses of a dual-hop amplify-and-forward(AF) relay transmission composed of asymmetric radio-frequence(RF) and free-space optical(FSO) links. In the mixed RF/FSO system, a relay is equipped with two receive antennas for RF signals and one additional transmit antenna for FSO signals. In order to improve a performance of RF link, a switch-and-stay (SSC) diversity technique is applied at the relay which can provide a proper link performance with a low complexity. Specifically, we offer the performance analyses of the proposed system in terms of outage probability and secrecy outage probability. In numerical examples, we compare the system performances with no diversity and selection combining systems and verify our analytical results via computer-based Monte-Carlo simulations.
Supported by : Korea Foundation for The advancement of Science & Creativity (KOFAC)
- D. Kedar and S. Arnon, "Urban Optical Wirelress Communication Networks: The Main Challenges and Possible Solutions," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. S2-S7, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2004.1299334
- E. Lee, J. Park, D. Han, and G. Yoon, "Performance Analysis of The Asymmetric Dual-hop Relay Transmission with Mixed RF.FSO Links," IEEE Photonics Technoogy Letter, Vol. 23, No. 21, pp. 1642-1644, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2011.2166063
- K.S. Hwang, "Secrecy Outage Probability of AF Relay Transmission with MRC/TAS in Presence of Eavesdropper," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 620-625, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.3.620
- L. Chen and W. Wang, "Multi-diversity Combining and Selection for Relay-assisted Mixed RF/FSO System," Optics Communications, Vol. 405, pp. 1-7, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2017.07.001
- M.O. Hasna and M.S. Alouini, "A Performance Study of Dual-hop Transmissions with Fixed Gain Relays," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 1963-1698, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2004.837470
- Y.C. Ko and M.S. Alouini, "Analysis of Optimization of Switched Diversity Systems," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 49, No. 5, pp. 1813-1831, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.892586
- H. Lei, Z. Dai, I. S. Ansari, K.H. Park, G. Pan, and M.S. Alouini, "On Secrecy Performance of Mixed RF-FSO Systems," IEEE Photonics Jouranl, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 1963-1698, 2017.
- I.S. Gradshteyn and I.M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series and Products 7th, Academic Press, New York, 2007.