- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Convergence study of the factors affecting positive psychology capital among nursing students
간호대학생의 긍정심리자본에 대한 융합적 영향요인
- Lee, So-Young (Department of Nursing, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Lee, Kyung-hee (College of Nursing, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2018.03.05
- Accepted : 2018.05.20
- Published : 2018.05.28
This study aimed to investigate the relationship among positive psychology capital, social support and emotion regulation ability of nursing college students and to examine the effect of social support and emotion regulation ability on positive psychology capital. 157 nursing college students were participated in the study. Data were collected by structured questionnaire and analyzed by SPSS / Win 21.0 program. The results showed that the level of positive psychology capital among nursing college students was above middle level(3.68/5), and there was a significant positive correlation among positive psychology capital and social support and emotional regulation ability. The results showed that factors affecting positive psychological capital were gender (
- J. Travelbee. (1966). Interpersonal aspects of nursing. Philadelphia : Davis.
- H. Peplau. (1952). : Interpersonal relations in nursing. New York : GP Putnam's Sons.
- J. H. Park. (2011). Study of Abilities Required to Develop for Student in Nursing Education. J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, 17(1), 74-87. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.1.74
- S. B. Cho & S. H. Kim. (2012). Development of a irituality scale for university students. Korean Journal of Counseling, 13(2), 877-890. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.13.2.201204.877
- N. H. Cha & S. R. Sok. (2014). Depression, self-esteem and anger expression patterns of korean nursing students. Int Nurs Rev, 61(1), 109-115. https://doi.org/10.1111/inr.12076
- Seligman ME & Csikszentmihalyi M . (2000). Positive psychology. An introduction. Am Psychol, 55(1), 5-14. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.5
- F. Luthans, B. J. Avolio, J. B. Avey & S. M. Norman. (2007). Positive psychological capital : Measurement and relationship with performance and satisfaction. Personnel Psychology, 60(3), 541-572. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00083.x
- F. Luthans & C. M. Youssef. (2007). Emerging positive organizational behavior, Journal of Management, 33(3), 321-349. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206307300814
- M. Y. Lee & K. H. Kim. (2012). Influence of head nurses' transformational leadership on staff nurse's psychological well-being, stress and somatizationfocused on the mediating effect of positive psychological capital. J Korean Acad Nurs Admin, 18(2), 166-175. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.166
- Y. M. Kim. (2016). Mediation effect of positive psychological capital between self-leadership and learning flow of nursing students. J Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(7), 112-122. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.112 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.112
- J. Y. Park & C. H. Woo. (2017). Convergence effect factors on career-preparation behaviour among nursing students. J Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 85-92. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.085 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.085
- A. Khan. (2013). Predictors of positive psychological strengths and subjective well-being among north indian adolescents: Role of mentoring and educational encouragement. Social Indicators Research, 114(3), 285-1293. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-012-0202-x
- B. Li, H. Ma, Y. Guo, F. Xu, F. Yu & Z. Zhou. (2014). Positive psychological capital: A new approach to social support and subjective well-being. J Social Behavior and Personality, 42(1), 135-144. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.2014.42.1.135 https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.2014.42.1.135
- G. S. Lee. (2015). A Study on positive psychological capital of adolescent department for social welfare. Master's thesis. Dongguk University, Seoul.
- I. J. Yeo. (2015). The effects of social support and emotional regulation on customer orientation-focusing on the mediating effects of positive psychological capital. Doctoral dissertation. Kyonggi University, Suwon.
- J. S. House. (1981). Work stress and social support. Massachusetts : Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- J. E. Song, H. J. Chae. (2014). Differences in stress and stress coping strategies according to emotional intelligence in nursing students, J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Educ, 20(4), 502-512. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.502 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.502
- J. H. Choi. (2009). Effects of emotional intelligence and ego-resilience on adjustment to college life. Master's thesis. Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Y. K. Kwag. (2014). Comparison of stress, copying and social support according to depression severity among nursing students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 4(2), 125-134. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2014.12.31 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2014.12.31
- J. S. Kim. (2015). Structural relationship between psychological capital of college students on job search self-efficacy and employment-preparation behavior. Andragogy Today : Interdisciplinary Journal of Adult & Continuing Education (IJACE), 18(2), 43-67.
- J. W. Park. (1985). A study to development a scale of social support. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Yonsei University, Seoul.
- E. K. Yu, H. S. Seol. (2015). Factorial structure of the social support scale. Survey research, 16(1), 155-184.
- J. D. Mayer, P. Salovey. (1993). The intelligence of emotional intelligence. Intelligence, 17(4), 433-442. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-2896(93)90010-3
- Y. L. Moon. (1996). Measuring emotional intelligence: a case in Korea. SNU J Educ Res, 6(11), 11-30.
- M. Y. Jung. (2013). The effects of university students' emotion regulation and emotion expression abilities on their interpersonal relations. Master's thesis, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul.
- M. H. Je. (2012). Social support, self-esteem of major effect on empowerment of students in nursing. Master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon.
- Y. H. Park. (2017). Effects of depression, self-Esteem, and social support on suicidal ideation in college students. Child Health Nurs Res, 23(1), 111-116. https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.1.111 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2017.23.1.111
- I. S. Jang. (2016). The effects of emotional regulation between clinical practice stress and nursing professionalism in nursing students. J Korean data & information science society, 27(3), 749-761. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.3.749
- J. S. Han. (2015). Factors affecting nursing students' adjustment to college life. J Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(7), 4459-4466. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4459 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4459
- H. T. Park. (2014). A study on the effect of emotional intelligence on adjustment to college life in first year nursing college students. J Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(3), 1576-1583. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1576 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1576
- C. H. Woo. (2016). Speciality satisfaction, nursing professional value, and positive psychological capital as factors affecting career preparation behavior among nursing college students with clinical practice. KoCon spring comprehensive academy conference, 2016(5), 287-288.
- Y. S. Jo. (2016). Development of program to improve the positive psychology capital of university student' and its effects. J Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(4), 529-546. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.529 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.529
- J. S. Kim & J. C. Park. (2013). The multi-level analysis on the causal relationship among organizational culture, psychological capital, and organizational commitment. Research in Human Resource Management, 20(3), 52-74.
- Y. M. Kim. (2017). The educational implications for positive psychological capital and psychological well-being of emotional intelligence of nursing students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(7), 309-323. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.07.17
- A. R. Choi & S. Lee. (2016). The effects of temperament, social support and emotion regulation on the positive psychological capital of middle school students. Korean J Child Stud, 37(2), 57-77. http://dx.doi.org/10.5723/kjcs.2016.37.2.57 https://doi.org/10.5723/kjcs.2016.37.2.57
- J. O. Ko, S. K. Park & M. H. Lee. (2013). Factors affecting burnout among clinical nurses according to positive psychological capital. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, 19(2), 304-314. http://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.304 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.304
- M. K. Jeon & M. S. Kim. (2017). Factors influencing satisfaction on clinical practice in nursing students, J Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(1), 40-48. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.40
- S. H. Baek. (2013). The effects of student's emotional intelligence and perception of college environmentical climate on the adaptation to college. Master's thesis, Hoseo University, Chungnam.