- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Unified Framework for Overcoming Motion Constraints of Robots Using Task Transition Algorithm
작업 전이 알고리즘 기반 로봇 동작 제한 극복 프레임워크
- Jang, Keunwoo (Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Sanghyun (Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Suhan (Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Jaeheung (Graduate School of Convergence Science and Technology, Seoul National University, Advanced Institutes of Convergence Technology)
- Received : 2018.02.06
- Accepted : 2018.04.30
- Published : 2018.05.31
This paper proposes a unified framework that overcomes four motion constraints including joint limit, kinematic singularity, algorithmic singularity and obstacles. The proposed framework is based on our previous works which can insert or remove tasks continuously using activation parameters and be applied to avoid joint limit and singularity. Additionally, we develop a method for avoiding obstacles and combine it into the framework to consider four motion constraints simultaneously. The performance of the proposed framework was demonstrated by simulation tests with considering four motion constraints. Results of the simulations verified the framework's effectiveness near joint limit, kinematic singularity, algorithmic singularity and obstacles. We also analyzed sensitivity of our algorithm near singularity when using closed loop inverse kinematics depending on magnitude of gain matrix.
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry & Energy (MI), National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- R. M. Murray, Z. Li, and S. S. Sastry, "A mathematical introduction to robotic manipulation," CRC Press, 1994.
- H. H. An, W. I. Clement, and B. Reed, "Analytic inverse kinematic solution with self-motion constraint for the 7-dof restore robot arm," 2014 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, Besacon, France , pp. 1325-1330, 2014.
- Z. Cui, H. Pan, D. Qian, Y. Peng, and Z. Han, "A novel inverse kinematics solution for a 7-dof humanoid manipulator," 2012 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation, Chengdu, China, pp. 2230-2234, 2012.
- Y.-L. Kim and J.-B. Song, "Analytical inverse kinematics algorithm for a 7-dof anthropomorphic robot arm using intuitive elbow direction," Journal of Korea Robotics Society, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 27-33, Jan., 2011. https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2011.6.1.027
- J.-H. Lee, J.-Y. Kim, J.-H. Lee, D.-H. Kim, H.-K. Lim and S.-H. Ryu , "Inverse kinematics solution and optimal motion planning for industrial robots with redundancy," Journal of Korea Robotics Society, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 35-44, Jan., 2012. https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2012.7.1.035
- C.-G. Kang, "Solution space of inverse differential kinematics," Journal of Korea Robotics Society, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 230-244, Dec., 2015. https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2015.10.4.230
- C. W. Wampler, "Manipulator inverse kinematic solutions based on vector formulations and damped least-squares methods," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 93-101, Jan., 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1986.289285
- D. E. Whitney, "Resolved motion rate control of manipulators and human prostheses," IEEE Transactions on Man-Machine Systems, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 47-53, Jun., 1969. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMMS.1969.299896
- H. Zghal, R. V. Dubey and J. A. Euler, "Efficient gradient projection optimization for manipulators with multiple degrees of redundancy," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Cincinnati, OH, USA, vol. 2, pp. 1006-1011, 1990.
- Y. Nakamura and H. Hanafusa, "Inverse kinematic solutions with singularity robustness for robot manipulator control," IEEE/ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 163-171, Jul., 1986. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3143764
- B. Dariush, Y. Zhu, A. Arumbakkam, and K. Fujimura, "Constrained closed loop inverse kinematics," 2010 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Anchorage, AK, USA, pp. 2499-2506, 2010.
- S. Chiaverini, "Singularity-robust task-priority redundancy resolution for real-time kinematic control of robot manipulators," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 398-410, Jun .,1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.585902
- A. A. Maciejewski and C. A. Klein, "Obstacle avoidance for kinematically redundant manipulators in dynamically varying environments," The International Journal of Robotic Research, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 109-117, Sep., 1985. https://doi.org/10.1177/027836498500400308
- T. F. Chan and R. V. Dubey, "A weighted least-norm solution based scheme for avoiding joints limits for redundant manipulators," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 286-292, Apr., 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.370511
- J. Kim, G. Marani, W. K. Chung, and J. Yuh, "Task reconstruction method for real-time singularity avoidance for robotics manipulators," Advanced Robotics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 453-481, Apr., 2006. https://doi.org/10.1163/156855306776562233
- G. Schreiber and G. Hirzinger, "Singularity consistent inverse kinematics by enhancing the jacobian transpose," Advances in Robot Kinematics: Analysis and Control, Lenarcic J., Husty M.L. eds, Springer, Dordrecht, 1998, pp. 475-482.
- F. Chaumette and E. Marchand, "A redundancy-based iterative scheme for avoiding joint limits: application to visual servoing," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 719-730, Oct., 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.964671
- K. Glass, R. Colbaugh, D. Lim, and H. Seraji, "Real-time collision avoidance for redundant manipulators," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 448-457, Jun., 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.388789
- K.-K. Lee and M. Buss, "Obstacle avoidance for redundant robots using Jacobian transpose method," 2007 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, San Diego, CA, USA, pp. 3509-3514, 2007.
- S. R. Buss and J.-S. Kim, "Selectively damped least squared for inverse kinematics," Journal of Graphics Tools, vol. 10, pp. 37-49, Jan., 2011.
- J. Lee, N. Mansard, and J. Park, "Intermediate desired value approach for task transition of robots in kinematic control," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 28, no. 6, pp.1260-1277, Dec., 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2012.2210293
- S. Kim and J. Park, "Singularity avoidance algorithms for controlling robot manipulator: a comparative study," Journal of Korea Robotics Society, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 42-54, Mar., 2017. https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2017.12.1.042
- K Oonishi, N. Oonishi, and K. Shimoyama, "Producing and the latest development programs of the portable general purpose intelligent arm 'Mitsubishi PA-10'," Advanced Robotics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 333-337, Apr., 2001. https://doi.org/10.1163/156855301300235878
- E. Rohmer, S. P. N. Singh, and M. Freese, "V-rep: A versatile and scalable robot simulation framework," 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 1321-1326, Nov., 2013.