- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of New Fluorescent Whitening Agent with 4,4'-Di((E)-styryl)-1,1'-biphenyl Skeleton Attached with Aromatic Ester from Recyclable Source MFB
재사용이 가능한 MFB로부터 Aromatic Ester가 도입된 4,4'-Di((E)-styryl)-1,1'-biphenyl의 골격을 갖는 새로운 Fluorescent Whitening Agent의 개발 연구
- Alkhalaf, Norah. S. (Department of Applied Chemistry, Kookmin University) ;
- Kim, Seok Chan (Department of Applied Chemistry, Kookmin University)
- 김석찬 (국민대학교 응용화학과)
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.02.25
- Published : 2018.06.10
Methyl 4-formylbenzoate (MFB), a by-product of the DMT production process, which has been disposed, was used as a starting material for the synthesis of six new fluorescent whitening agent's candidates with 4,4'-di((E)-styryl)-1,1'-biphenyl skeleton attached with an aromatic ester, the same as that of the commercial product family. All candidates were synthesized by the reaction of MFB, and its derivatives with tetraethyl biphenyl-4,4'-diylbis(methylene)diphosphonate using Wittig-Horner reaction. UV spectra for all candidates were recorded and the data were used for calculating the molar absorptivity in order to confirm the usability as a fluorescent whitening agent. All of them showed overall molar extinction coefficients (log
Supported by : 국민대학교
- A. R. Mitchell, P. F. Pagoria, and R. D. Schmidt, A new synthesis of TATB using inexpensive starting materials and mild reaction conditions, 27th International Annual Conference ICT on Energetic Materials, June 25-28, Karlsruhe, Germany (1996).
- A. R. Mitchell, P. F. Pagoria, and R. D. Schmidt, New synthesis of TATB process development studies, 29th International Annual Conference ICT on Energetic Materials. June 30-July 3, Karlsruhe, Germany (1998).
- K. D. Kim, Y. Yu, H. J. Jeong, M. J. Ham, K. L. Kim, A. N. Kim, O. Davgajantsan, G. S. Park, and S. C. Kim, Development on recovery of MFB from industrial waste without second pollution, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 33, 4275-4276 (2012). https://doi.org/10.5012/bkcs.2012.33.12.4275
- S. H. Kim, Y. Ryu, J. C. Kim, and S. C. Kim, Recovery of MFB generated from dimethyl terephthalate production process, Appl. Chem. Eng., 26, 621-623 (2015). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2015.1045
- K. D. Kim, Y. Ryu, and S. C. Kim, Facile one-pot synthesis of PABA from MFB, Appl. Chem. Eng., 25, 337-339 (2014). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2014.1020
- Y. Ryu, J. C. Kim, M. J. Ham, and S. C. Kim, Process development of 4,4'-bis(2-benzoxazolyl)stilbene from recyclable source MFB, Appl. Chem. Eng., 27, 195-198 (2016). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2016.1012
- J. C. Kim, Y. Ryu, and S. C. Kim, Practical process development of AMCA from recyclable source MFB, Appl. Chem. Eng., 27, 508-511 (2016). https://doi.org/10.14478/ace.2016.1073
- H. J. Chung, Y. S. Yang, and S. C. Kim, Development of new fluorescent whitening agent with 4,4'-di((E)-styryl)-1,1'-biphenyl skeleton from recyclable source MFB, Appl. Chem. Eng., 28, 294-298 (2017).
- K. Weber and C. Luethi, Styryl compounds, process for their manufacture and their use, US Patent 3,825,534 (1974).
- A. E. Siegrist, P. Liechti, H. R. Meyer, and K. Weber, Aromatic compounds containing ethylene double bonds, processes for their manufacture and use, US Patent 3,991,049 (1976).
- L. Guglielmetti, H. R. Meyer, D. Reinehr, and K. Weber, Mixtures of fluorescent whitening agents, US Patent 4,867,906 (1989).
- R. J. Sundberg, P. A. Buckowork, and F. O. Holcombe, Preparation of esters of 4-alkyl-2,4-pentadienoic acids by the phosphonate modification of the Wittig reaction, J. Org. Chem., 32, 2938-2941 (1967).
- H. Pommer, H. P. Siebel, R. Schwen, and W. Stilz, Macromolecular substances optically brightened with 1,4-bis-styryl-benzenes, US Patent 3,177,153 (1965).
- W. Stilz, and H. Pommer, Production of compounds of the 1,4-divinylbenzene series, US Patent 3,177,208 (1965).