- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Thermodynamic Studies on the Adsorption of 4-Octylphenol on Carboxen by GC/MS Analysis
GC/MS 분석에 의한 4-Octylphenol의 Carboxen 흡착에 대한 열역학적 연구
- Lee, Joon-Bae (Daejeon Institute, National Forensic Service) ;
- Park, Woo-Yong (Daejeon Institute, National Forensic Service) ;
- Shon, Shungkun (Dept. of Forensic Sci., Daejeon Health Institute of Technology) ;
- Jung, Ji Eun (Daejeon Institute, National Forensic Service) ;
- Jeong, Yong Ae (Daejeon Institute, National Forensic Service) ;
- Gong, Bokyoung (Forensic Chemistry Division, National Forensic Service) ;
- Kim, Yu-Na (Forensic Chemistry Division, National Forensic Service) ;
- Kwon, O-Seong (Daejeon Institute, National Forensic Service) ;
- Paeng, Ki Jung (Department of Chemistry, Yonsei University)
- 이준배 (국립과학수사연구원 대전과학수사연구소) ;
- 박우용 (국립과학수사연구원 대전과학수사연구소) ;
- 손성건 (대전보건대학교 과학수사과) ;
- 정지은 (국립과학수사연구원 대전과학수사연구소) ;
- 정용애 (국립과학수사연구원 대전과학수사연구소) ;
- 공보경 (국립과학수사연구원 법화학과) ;
- 김유나 (국립과학수사연구원 법화학과) ;
- 권오성 (국립과학수사연구원 대전과학수사연구소) ;
- 팽기정 (연세대학교 화학과)
- Received : 2018.04.17
- Accepted : 2018.05.12
- Published : 2018.06.10
It is common to analyze volatile organic compound (VOC) or semi-VOC (SVOC) in a sample composed of a complex matrix consisting of multiple components such as bloods through a separation process. Adsorption is a physical phenomenon in which certain components accumulate on the surface of other phases. In order to overcome difficulties in the pretreatment process, an adsorption is frequently used. Solid phase microextraction (SPME) equipment with porous carbon carboxen (CAR) is an example of adsorption application. In this study, the adsorption of 4-octylphenol to carboxen was examined. To do so, the extraction efficiency for such solvents as dichloromethane (
- J. Pawliszyn and H. L. Lord, Handbook of Sample Preparation, pp. 1-24, Wiley-Blackwell, NJ, USA (2010).
- W. McCabe, J. Smith, and P. Harriott, Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering (7th ed.), pp. 836-844, McGraw-Hill, NY, USA (2005).
- S. A. S. Wercinski, Solid Phase Microextraction: A Practical Guide, pp. 114-116, Marcel Dekker, NY, USA (1999).
- J. Pawliszyn, Solid Phase Microextraction: Theory and Practice, pp. 21-23, Wiley-VCH, NY, USA (1997).
- W. M. Mullett, P. Martin, and J. Pawliszyn, In-tube molecularly imprinted polymer solid-phase microextraction for the selective determination of propranolol, Anal. Chem., 73, 2383-2389 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac0100502
- T. D. Ho, H. Yu, W. T. Cole, and J. L. Anderson, Ultraviolet photoinitiated on-fiber copolymerization of ionic liquid sorbent coatings for headspace and direct immersion solid-phase microextraction, Anal. Chem., 84, 9520-9528 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac302316c
- S. Ying, O. Lasekan, K. R. Naidu, and S. Lasekan, Headspace solid-phase microextraction gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and gas chromatography-olfactometry analysis of volatile compounds in pineapple breads, Molecules, 17, 13795-13812 (2012). https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules171213795
- G. G. Ying, R. S. Kookana, and P. Dillon, Sorption and degradation of selected five endocrine disrupting chemicals in aquifer material, Water Res., 37, 3785-3791 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(03)00261-6
- A. R. Fernandez, C. T. Costley, and M. Rose, Determination of 4-octylphenol and 4-nonylphenol congeners in composite foods, Food Addit. Contam., 20, 846-852 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1080/0265203031000138303
- L. V. Tao, X. E. Zhao, S. Zhu, F. Qu, C. Song, J. You, and Y. Suo, Determination of bisphenol A, 4-octylphenol, and 4-nonylphenol in soft drinks and dairy products by ultrasound-assisted dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with derivatization and high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection, J. Sep. Sci., 37, 2757-2763 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1002/jssc.201400612
- D. R. Knapp, Handbook of Derivatization Reactions, pp. 30-38, John Wiley & Sons, NJ, USA (1979).
- S. Chatterjee and S. H. Woo, The removal of nitrate from aqueous solutions by chitosan hydrogel beads, J. Hazard. Mater., 164, 1012-1018 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2008.09.001
- I. A. Tan, A. L. Ahmed, and B. H. Hameed, Adsorption of basic dye on high-surface-area activated carbon prepared from coconut husk: Equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic studies, J. Hazard. Mater., 154, 337-346 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2007.10.031
- J. J. Lee and M. H. Um, Study of equilibrium, kinetic and thermodynamic parameters about fluorescein dye adsorbed onto activated carbon, Appl. Chem. Eng., 23, 450-455 (2012).