- Volume 67 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Characteristic Analysis and Implementation of 30kW Portable Test Equipment for Performance Evaluation in Energy Storage System
30kW급 ESS용 이동형 성능평가 시험장치의 구현 및 특성분석
- Park, Jea-Bum (Dept. of Electrical and Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Kim, Mi-Sung ;
- Rho, Dae-Seok (Dept. of Electrical and Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2018.03.14
- Accepted : 2018.05.09
- Published : 2018.06.01
The energy storage system consists of batteries, power conditioning system and energy management system. If ESS is installed and operated in the field, SAT(Site Acceptance Test) of ESS is being essentially required for the safety and performance of ESS. Furthermore, in order to more accurately and reliably validate the performance of the ESS in advanced countries, it has been required to perform not only performance testing by H/W equipments but also performance verification by S/W tool. Therefore, this paper proposes the modeling of portable test equipment in order to evaluate the performance and reliability of ESS by using the PSCAD/EMTDC S/W. And also, the prototype of 30[kW] scaled portable test equipments is implemented based on the S/W modeling. From the results of various simulations and testings such as power quality, LVRT and anti-islanding tests, it is confirmed that 30[kW] scaled portable test equipment is useful for SAT of ESS, because the simulation results of PSCAD/EMTDC are identical to them of 30[kW] test equipment at the same test conditions.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KEPTEP)
- Eungsang Kim, "Standardization and technical standards for new renewable energy and ESS power converters", Fall Conference for Society A of KIEE(Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers), Journal of Power Electronics, pp. 31-35, April, 201
- IEC 62933-2-1, "Electrical energy storage (EES) systems - Part 2-1: Unit parameters and testing methods - General specification", 2017
- IEC 62933-5-1, "Electrical energy storage (EES) systems - Part 5-1: Safety considerations for grid-integrated EES systems - General", 2017
- IEEE 1547.1, "IEEE Standard conformance Test Procedures for Equipment Interconnecting Distributed Resources with Electric Power System", June, 2005
- IEEE 1547. 6, "IEEE Standard conformance Test Procedures for Equipment Interconnecting Distributed Resources with Electric Power System", June, 2009
- IEC 61000-4-11, "Voltage dips, short interruptions and voltage variation immunity test", 2014
- Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI), 2013, "Construction of Test Facilities for MW Class Energy Storage system and Power Converter".
- Jeong-Ik Jang, Dong-Choon Lee, Seoung-Young Koo "Nonlinear Control of Output Voltage of PWM Inverters for Stand-Alone WIND Power Generation", The Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 131-138, April, 2007.
- Daeseok Rho, "A study on the modeling of Step Voltage Ragulator and Energy Storage System in Distribution System Using the PSCAD/EMTDC", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 1355-1363, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1355
- Sungsik Choi, "Modeling of Performance Test equipments for MW Class Energy Storage System Using the PSCAD/ EMTDC", Conference of the korea academia-industrial cooperation society, Dec. 2016.
- Daeseok Rho, "Modeling of ESS Performance Test equipments Using the PSCAD/EMTDC", Fall Conference for Society A of KIEE(Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers), Nov, 2016
- Daeseok Rho, "A Study on the Modeling Method of Performance Evaluation System for MW Scaled Energy Storage System Using the PSCAD/EMTDC", Fall Conference for Society A of KIEE(Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers), Jan, 2017
- The all-compatible ACS880 series Reliability and flexibility, http://new.abb.com/kr/products
- Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER), 2017, "Development of MW-class ESS to reliability and stability improvement technology and on-site assessment technology".