- Volume 67 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Parallel Driven Power Supply with Low Cost Hot Swap Controller for Server
저가형 Hot Swap Controller를 가지는 병렬 구동 서버용 전원 장치
- Yi, KangHyun (School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Daegu University)
- Received : 2018.03.12
- Accepted : 2018.05.30
- Published : 2018.06.01
This paper proposes a low cost hot swap operation circuit of a parallel operation power supply for servers. Hot swap function for server power system is essential in 24 hour operation system such as internet data center, server, factory and etc. Server power supplies used in internet data centers have two or more parallel operations with the hot swap operation. However, the cost of the power supply is high because the controller IC for hot swap operation is very expensive. Therefore, this paper proposes a parallel-operated power supply with a low-cost hot swap controller for servers. The proposed system can operate hot swap function by using discrete devices and reduce the cost by more than 50%. A 1.2kW prototype system is implemented to verify the proposed low cost hot swap controller.
Supported by : 대구대학교
- L. H. Mweene, C. A. Wright, and M. F. Schlecht, "A 1 kW 500 kHz front-end converter for a distributed power supply system," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 398-407, Jul. 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.85908
- J. Shi, L. Zhou, X. He, "Common-duty-ratio control of input-parallel output-parallel (IPOP) connected DC-DC converter modules with automatic sharing of currents," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 3277-3291, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2180541
- J.S. Choi, K.C. Jeong, D.S. Cha, J.H. Kang, and S.Y. Oh, "A Study on Converter Control of Modular ESS for Hot Swap," in Proc. of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Annual conference, pp. 118, 2017.5.
- J.J. Park, J.J. Lee, and B.H. Kwon, "A Study about the Hot-Swap Function for Prevention of Trouble in PLC Power Supplies," in Proc. of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Annual conference, pp. 237-239, 2005.10.
- X. Yuan, X. Wu, M. Zhao and X. Yan, "A Smart Hot Swap Controller IC design," in Proc. of 2005 IEEE Conference on Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits, pp. 293-296, 2005.
- J. W. Kim, G. W. Moon, "Minimizing effect of input filter capacitor in a digital boundary conduction mode power factor corrector based on time-domain analysis," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 3827-3836, May 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2449318
- H. S. Youn, J. S. Park, K. B. Park, J. I. Baek, G. W. Moon, "A digital predictive peak current control for power factor correction with low-input current distortion," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 900-912, Jan. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2015.2417194
- J.-H. Kim, C.-E. Kim, J.-B. Lee, Y.-D. Kim, H.-S. Youn, G.-W. Moon, "A simple control scheme for improving light-load efficiency in a full-bridge LLC resonant converter," in Proc. 2014 Int. Power Electron. Conf., pp. 1743-1747, May 2014.
- Y. Jeong, G. W. Moon, and J. K. Kim, "Analysis on half-bridge LLC resonant converter by using variable inductance for high efficiency and power density sever power supply," in Proc. Appl. Power Electron. Conf. Expo., 2017, pp. 170-177.
- J. B. Lee, J. K. Kim, J. I. Baek, J. H. Kim, and G. W. Moon, "Resonant capacitor on/off control of half-bridge LLC converter for high-efficiency server power supply," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 5410-5415, Sep. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2016.2558481
- Y.-D. Kim, K.-M. Cho, D.-Y. Kim, and G.-W. Moon, "Wide-range ZVS phase-shift full-bridge converter with reduced conduction loss caused by circulating current," Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 3308-3316, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2227280
- I.-H. Cho, K.-M. Cho, J.-W. Kim, and G.-W. Moon, "A new phase-shifted full-bridge converter with maximum duty operation for server power system," Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 3491-3500, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2129532
- S.-Y. Cho, I.-O. Lee, J.-K. Kim, and G.-W. Moon, "A new standby structure based on a forward converter integrated with a phase-shift full-bridge converter for server power supplies," Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 336-346, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2195507