- Volume 67 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Omnidirectional Camera-based Image Rendering Synchronization System Using Head Mounted Display
헤드마운티드 디스플레이를 활용한 전방위 카메라 기반 영상 렌더링 동기화 시스템
- Lee, Seungjoon (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Sogang University) ;
- Kang, Suk-Ju (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Sogang University)
- Received : 2018.02.09
- Accepted : 2018.05.02
- Published : 2018.06.01
This paper proposes a novel method for the omnidirectional camera-based image rendering synchronization system using head mounted display. There are two main processes in the proposed system. The first one is rendering 360-degree images which are remotely photographed to head mounted display. This method is based on transmission control protocol/internet protocol(TCP/IP), and the sequential images are rapidly captured and transmitted to the server using TCP/IP protocol with the byte array data format. Then, the server collects the byte array data, and make them into images. Finally, the observer can see them while wearing head mounted display. The second process is displaying the specific region by detecting the user's head rotation. After extracting the user's head Euler angles from head mounted display's inertial measurement units sensor, the proposed system display the region based on these angles. In the experimental results, rendering the original image at the same resolution in a given network environment causes loss of frame rate, and rendering at the same frame rate results in loss of resolution. Therefore, it is necessary to select optimal parameters considering environmental requirements.
Supported by : Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement(KAIA), Korea Electric Power Corporation, Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(KETEP)
- Sang-Tae Kim, Ji-Young Kim, Wan-Seok Song, Su-Hyung Jang, Young-Hwan Moon and Tae-Hyun Kim, "Building and Actual Proving K-WAMS in Korea Power Grid," KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 175-176, 2009, 7.
- Hosung Jung, Young Park, and Sooyoung Oeu. "Derivation of Real-time Monitoring System for Power Supply System in Metro Substation." Journal of KIEEME 23.4, 333-337, 2010.
- Yong-Hak Kim, Jeong-Yeol Han, Nam-Ho Lee, Byeong-Heon Kim, Nae-Ho Park and Jung-Woo Hong, "The Realiztion Methods of IEC 61850 Based 154[kV] Substation Automation System in KEPCO System," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 86-93, 2010, 5.
- Heung-Jae Lee, Young-Moon Park, Young-Beum Yoon and Chan-Ho Lim, "Development of Restoration Expert System for 154kV Unmanned Substations," The transactions of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 44, No. 10, pp. 1247-1251, 1995, 10.
- KEPCO, "Korea Electric Power Statistics", 2015. Available: https://home.kepco.co.kr/kepco/KO/ntcob/list.do?menuCd=FN05030103&boardCd=BRD_000099
- Byeong-Wook Min, Myoung-Sik Shin, Seon-Woong Bahng and Young-Dal Kim, "Application Standards for Substation Types and Facility Scales," KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 438-439, 2011, 7.
- Na Seung Hwan, Lee Jang Ho and Ahn Byoung Jun, "A Study on the Deploying Cable WiFi Network," Proceedings of Symposium of the Korean Institute of communications and Information Sciences, pp. 727-728, 2010, 11.
- RICOH THETA S Specifications and Features. Available: https://theta360.com/ko/about/theta/s.html
- Wang, Yan, et al. "Image Acquisition for Digital Camera Based on Emgu CV." Dianzi Keji- Electronic Science and Technology 25.4, 31-32, 2012.
- Hari Balakrishnan, Srinivasan Seshan, Elan Amir, and Randy H. Katz. "Improving TCP/IP performance over wireless networks", In Proceedings of the 1st annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (MobiCom '95). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2-11, 1995.
- Postel, Jon. "The TCP maximum segment size and related topics.", 1983.
- Eun Hee Kim, Byung Kab Choi, Eung Jae Lee, Keun Ho Ryu. "Database : Data Synchronization Among Mobile Servers in Wireless Communication", 정보처리학회논문지 D, 13(7): 901-908, 2006.
- Steam VR plugin SDK 1.2.3. Available: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/steamvr-plugin-32647
- MONMONIER, Mark. Rhumb lines and map wars: A social history of the Mercator projection. University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- HTC VIVE Specifications and Features. Available: https://www.vive.com/kr/product/
- Diebel, James. "Representing attitude: Euler angles, unit quaternions, and rotation vectors." Matrix 58.15-16, 1-35, 2006.
- Tsao, Jeffrey, Peter Boesiger, and Klaas P. Pruessmann. "k-t BLAST and k-t SENSE: Dynamic MRI with high frame rate exploiting spatiotemporal correlations." Magnetic resonance in medicine 50.5, 1031-1042, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.10611
- Nuechterlein, Keith H., Raja Parasuraman, and Qiyuan Jiang. "Visual sustained attention: Image degradation produces rapid sensitivity decrement over time." Science 220.4594, 327-329, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.6836276