- Volume 67 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Variable Wireless Charging System Applying Superconducting Coils
초전도 코일을 적용한 무선 충전시스템 특성
- Jeong, In-Sung (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chosun University) ;
- Choi, Hyo-Sang (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2018.03.05
- Accepted : 2018.05.14
- Published : 2018.06.01
Interest in wireless power transfer (WPT) has been growing recently due to the rapid increase in the use of electronic devices. Wireless charging systems are currently being applied to mobile phones and many studies are being conducted to apply wireless charging systems to various devices. The current wireless charging systems are capable of 1:1 charging. For wireless charging, when the devices with the same resonance frequency are present in the vicinity, the charging efficiency may be significantly lowered due to frequency interference or the wireless charging systems may stop operating. In this paper, variable capacitors were applied to a superconducting WPT system to solve the frequency interference among multiple devices with the same frequency. When a wireless charging system was performing 1:1 operation, the frequency of the other devices was varied using variable capacitors. As a result, it was confirmed that the highly efficient WPT is possible without frequency interference even when multiple receivers are present.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- Andre Kurs, AristeidisKaralis, J. D. Joannopoulos, and Marin Soljacic, Wireless Power Transfer via Strongly Coupled Magnetic Resonances, Science, pp. 83-86, 2007.
- SangCheol Moon, Bong-Chul Kim, Shin-Young Cho, Gun-Woo Moon, "Analysis and design of wireless power transfer system with an intermediate coil for high efficiency," 2013 IEEE ECCE Asia Downunder, pp. 1034-1040, 2013.
- Rui Jin, Zhongping Yang, Fei Lin,"Mutual inductance identification and maximum efficiency control of wireless power transfer system for the modern tram," 2017 IEEE PELS Workshop on Emerging Technologies, pp. 70-74, 2017.
- Kunwar Aditya, Mohamed Youssef, Sheldon S. Williamson, "Design considerations to obtain a high figure of merit in circular archimedean spiral coils for EV battery charging applications," IECON 2015-41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2015, 005396-005401.
- M. Young, The Technical Writer's Handbook. Mill Valley, CA, USA: University Science, 1989.
- I.S.Jeong, B.I.Jung, H.S.Choi, Characteristic of wireless power transmission S-parameter for a superconductor coil, PSAC, 17(1), 2015.
- J. Ogawa et al., "Experimental investigation of loss characteristics with AC and DC offset transport current in HTS double pancake coil," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., vol. 22, no. 3, Jun. 2012.