- Volume 46 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Vibratory Loads Behavior of a Rotor in High Advance Ratios
고속 전진비 조건에서의 로터 진동하중 특성 연구
- Na, Deok Hwan (Department of Aerospace Information Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- You, Younghyun (Department of Aerospace Information Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Jung, Sung Nam (Department of Aerospace Information Engineering, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.09.01
- Accepted : 2018.01.18
- Published : 2018.03.01
In this study, the hub vibration load characteristic is evaluated for a rotor in high advance ratio conditions while investigating blade loads through the structural load prediction and harmonic analysis. Numerical studies are performed to validate the wind tunnel test data performed in NASA as the rotor advance ratios are varied from 0.40 to 0.71. A good correlation is obtained for rotor performance calculation at the range of advance ratios considered. It is observed that the hub vibration loads remain almost unchanged when the advance ratios are higher than 0.5, even though the amplitudes of blade structural loads become larger with increasing advance ratios. A harmonic analysis on blade moments is confirmed that the dominant structural mode is 3/rev component for flap bending moments and 4/rev for lag bending moments. The reason is due to the tendency of the second flap and lag mode frequencies which approach 3/rev and 4/rev, respectively, as the advance ratios are increased.
Grant : 소형무장헬기 연계 민수헬기 국제공동 체계개발과제
Supported by : 산업기술평가관리원(KEIT)
- Yeo, H., and Johnson, W., "Optimum Design of a Compound Helicopter," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 46, No. 4, July-Aug. 2009.
- Fegely, C., Juhasz, O., Xin, H., and Tischler, B. B., "Flight Dynamics and Control Modeling with System Identification Validation of the Sikorsky X2 Technology TM Demonstrator," American Helicopter Society 72nd Annual Forum, Florida, May 2016.
- Roesch, P., "Fast Hybrid Helicopter with Long Range with Longitudinal Trim Control," U.S. Patent No. 2010/0224720 A1, Sept. 2010.
- McCloud, J. L., Biggers, J. C., Ames Research Center, and Stroub, R. H., "An Investigation of Full-Scale Helicopter Rotors at High Advance Ratios and Advancing Tip Mach Numvers," NACA Technical Note, July 1968.
- Datta, A., Yeo, H., Norman, T. R., "Experimental Investigation and Fundamental Understanding of a Slowed UH-60A Rotor at High Advance Ratios," American Helicopter Society 66nd Annual Forum, VA, May 2011.
- Yeo, H., "Investigation of Performance and Loads of a UH-60A Rotor at High speed ratios," American Helicopter Society 68nd Annual Forum, Texas, May 2012.
- Bowen-Davies, G. M., Chopra, I., "Aeromechanics of a Slowed Rotor," Journal of The American Helicopter Society, Vol. 60, Apr. 2014.
- Bowen-Davies, G. M., Chopra, I., "Performance and Loads Predictions of a Mach-Scaled Rotor at High Advance Ratios," Journal of The American Helicopter Society, Vol. 61, May 2015.
- Milgram, J., and Chopra, I., "Helicopter Vibration Reduction with Trailing Edge Flaps," Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, Apr. 1995
- Johnson, W., "CAMRAD II: Comprehensive Analytical Model of Rotorcraft Aerodynamics and Dynamics," Johnson Aeronautics, Palo Alto, CA, 1992.
- Bousman, W. G., "Rotorcraft Airloads Measurements-Extraordinary Costs, Extraordinary Benefits," Ames Research Center, Aug. 2014.
- J. P. Rabbott, Jr., A. A. Lizak, and V. M. Paglino, "A Presentation of Measured and Calculated Full-scale Rotor Blade Aerodynamic and Structural Loads," USAAVLABS Technical Report, 66-31, July 1966.
- Yeo, H., and Johnson, W., "Prediction of Rotor Structural Loads with Comprehensive Analysis," 31st Ruropean Rotorcraft Forum, Florence, Sept. 2005.
- Na, D. H., You, Y. H., and Jung, S. N., "Comprehensive Aeromechanics Predictions on Air and Structural Loads of HART I Rotor," International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, Vol. 18, No. 1, Feb. 2017.
- You, Y. H., and Jung, S. N., "Optimum Active Twist Input Scenario for Performance Improvement and Vibration Reduction of a Helicopter Rotor", Aerospace Science and Technology, Vol. 63, Dec. 2016.