- Volume 14 Issue 2
Encryption of digital images has been requested various fields. In the meantime, many algorithms based on a text - based encryption algorithm have been proposed. In this paper, we propose a method of encryption in wavelet transform domain to utilize the characteristics of digital image. In particular, wavelet transform is used to reduce the association between the encrypted image and the original image. Wavelet packet transformations can be decomposed into more subband images than wavelet transform, and various position permutation, numerical transformation, and visual transformation are performed on the coefficients of this subband image. As a result, this paper proposes a method that satisfies the characteristics of high encryption strength than the conventional wavelet transform and reversibility. This method also satisfies the lossless symmetric key encryption and decryption algorithm. The performance of the proposed method is confirmed by visual and quantitative. Experimental results show that the visually encrypted image is seen as a completely different signal from the original image. We also confirmed that the proposed method shows lower values of cross correlation than conventional wavelet transform. And PSNR has a sufficiently high value in terms of decoding performance of the proposed method. In this paper, we also proposed that the degree of correlation of the encrypted image can be controlled by adjusting the number of wavelet transform steps according to the characteristics of the image.
Wavelet Packet;Image Encryption;Image Decryption;Degree Correlation
- M. Y. Gokhale, DaIjeet Kaur Khanduja, "Time Domain Signal Analysis Using Wavelet Packet Decomposition Approach," Int. J. communication, Network and System Science, 3, 2010, pp. 321-329. https://doi.org/10.4236/ijcns.2010.33041
- K. Ramchanandran, M. Vetterli, "Best wavelet packet bases in a rate-distortion sense," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol. 2, No. 2, April, 1993, pp. 160-175. https://doi.org/10.1109/83.217221
- Daubechies, I., W. Sweldens, "Factoring Wavelet transforms into lifting steps," Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, 1997.
- Sara Tedmori, Nijad Al-Najdawi , "Image Cryptographic Algorithm Based on the Haar Wavelet Transform," Information Sciences, Vol. 269, 2014, pp.21-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2014.02.004
- Y. Chen "Cheating Prevention in Visual Cryptography," IEEE Trans. Image Process., Vol 21, No 7, 2012, pp.3319-3323. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2012.2190082
- Park Byeonghoon, Lim Joonghee, Shin Jonghong, "Imaged Cryptographic Algorithm Based on the Lifting Wavelet Transform," 2015 The Korea Society of Digital Industry & Information Management Falling Proceeding, 21th Nov. 2015, pp.47-51.
- 신종홍, "웨이브렛 변환 계수의 특성을 이용한 생체 영상 암호화 알고리즘," 디지털산업정보학회논문집, 제12권,ㅁ 제2호, 2016, pp.41-49.