- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Contamination of Photovoltaic Cells by Fine Dust in the Air
공기 중의 미세먼지에 의한 태양전지의 오염에 관한 연구
- HAN, JIN MOK (Graduate School, Kumoh National University of Technology) ;
- CHOI, SOOKWANG (Graduate School, Kumoh National University of Technology) ;
- KIM, SEWOONG (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh National University of Technology) ;
- JUNG, YOUNGUAN (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh National University of Technology)
- Received : 2018.03.23
- Accepted : 2018.06.30
- Published : 2018.06.30
The contamination of photovoltaic (PV) cells reduces the incidence of sunlight and reduces the power generation output of PV cells. The main factor influencing the contamination of PV cells installed outdoors is the fine dust in the air, but the influence of temperature, humidity, rain and wind can be considered. In this paper, experiments on the contamination of PV cells according to the fine dust density, the temperature and humidity of air were investigated. As results of this study, the contamination area of PV cells increases with contamination time and cumulative fine dust density in the air. The contamination of PV cells increases when the temperature is low and the humidity is high. Also, as the contamination of PV cells is affected to the wind, the deviation of contamination area is happened.
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- PV-laboratory of HTA Burgdorf, 2nd World Conference on Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conversion, Vienna, Austria, 1998.
- J. M. Chua, Live Science Contributor, Live Science Planet Earth, Air Pollution May Make Solar Panels Less Efficient, June 30, 2017.
- J. K. Kaldellis, P. Fragos, and M. Kapsali, "Systematic ex-perimental study of the pollution deposition impact on the energy yield of photovoltaic installations", Renewable Energy, Vol. 36, No. 10, 2011, pp. 2717-2724. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2011.03.004
- J. H. Song, T. Kim, W. H. Ryu, and H. H. Cho, "Study on Complex Efficiency Reduction by Increasing Temperature and Pollutant of Photovoltaic Module", KSME, 15EP-02B03, Spring Conference, 2015. 6, pp. 59-61.
- A. Sayyah, M. N. Horenstein, and M. K. Mazumder, "Energy yield loss caused by dust deposition on photo- voltaic panels", Solar Energy, Vol. 107, 2014, pp. 576-604. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2014.05.030
- W. Oh and S. I. Chan, "The Performance Loss by the Soiling of Photovoltaic Modules", Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 35, No. 2, 2015, pp. 63-71. https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2015.35.2.063
- G. H. Kang, K. S. Kim, C. H. Park, G. J. Yu, H. K. Ahn, and D. Y. Han, "The Analysis on Maximum Output Power Characteristics of Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Module by Change of Environmental Effects", Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol. 27, No. 3, 2007, pp. 23-28.
- S. Ghazi, A. Sayigh, and K. Ip, "Dust effect on flat surfaces - A review paper", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 33, 2014, pp. 742-751. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.02.016
- S. A. M. Said, "Fundamental studies on dust fouling effects on PV module performance", Solar Energy, Vol. 107, 2014, pp. 328-337. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2014.05.048
- T. Sarver, A. Al-Qaraghuli, and L. L. Kazmerski, "A comprehensive review of the impact of dust on the use of solar energy: History, investigations, results, literature, and miti- gation approaches", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 22, 2013, pp. 698-733. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.12.065
- Y. Jung, S. Lee, J. Kim, K. Lee, D. Lee, and J. Lee, "A Study on Pollution of Solar Cell", KHNES, 2015, p. 160.
- Y. G. Jung and S. M Lee, "A Study on Fine Dust Quantification of Solar Cell", KHNES, 2016, p. 201.
- Y. G. Jung, J. Y. Cho, J. H. Baek, M. H. Ahn, J. W. Son, and J. H. Park, "The Study on Dust pollution of the Solar cell during day and night", KHNES, 2016, p. 161.