- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Application of spent oyster mushroom substrate for bag cultivation of Lentinula edodes
느타리버섯 수확후 배지를 이용한 표고 배지 개발
- Kim, Jeong-Han ;
- Kang, Young-Ju ;
- Baek, Il-Sun ;
- Jeoung, Yun-Kyeoung ;
- Lee, Yong-Seon ;
- Lee, Young-Soon
- Received : 2018.05.10
- Accepted : 2018.06.27
- Published : 2018.06.30
To determine the optimum amount of spent oyster mushroom substrate (SOMS) for use in cultivation of Lentinula edodes, the chemical properties of the substrate and culture conditions of Lentinula edodes were investigated. Replacing 20-50% of a sawdust substrate with SOMS yielded a C/N ratio of 62-76. In case of substrates containing SOMS, the total nitrogen and phenolic contents of were higher, whereas fructose and organic acid contents were lower than those of the control substrate. Cultivation tests showed that the 3-cycle yield of 20% SOMS treatment was 286.7 g, similar to that of the control, while 50% SOMS treatment significantly decreased the yield. In conclusion, development of oak mushroom substrate using SOMS would recycle waste products and decrease material costs.
Lentinula edodes;Spent oyster mushroom substrate;Sawdust substrate;Yield
- Cheoung JC, Lee CJ, Shin PG, Suh JS. 2012. Recycling post harvest medium from bottle cultivation for oyster mushroom(Pleurotus ostreatus) J Mushroom Sci Prod. 10:167-173(in Korean).
- Minister of agriculture, food and rural affairs. 2016. The production record of a special crop.
- Jung EH, Hwang IK, Ha TY. 2010. Properties and antioxidative activities of phenolic acid concentrates of rice bran. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 42: 593-597.
- Kim CH, Oh TS, Shin DG, Cho YK, Kim YW, Ann SW. 2014. Study on the development of horticultural media using recycled used mushroom media. J Environ Sci Intern. 23:303-312. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.2.303
- Kim JH, Choi JI, Lee YH, Moon YH, Ju YC. 2011. Screening of optimum nutrient supplement of corncob as a main substrate for bottle culture of oyster mushroom. J Mushroom Sci Prod. 9:166-169(in Korean).
- Kim JH, Lee YH, Chi JH, Jang MJ. 2016. Comparison of the saccharide content of spent mushroom(Pleurotus ostreatus, Pleurotus eryngii, and Flammulina velutipes) substrates under various pretreatment conditions. J Mushroom Sci Prod. 14:70-74(in Korean). https://doi.org/10.14480/JM.2016.14.2.70
- Lee HB, Jang MJ, Lee YH, Ju YC. 2011. Development of medium for Volvariella volvacea cultivation using spent oyster mushroom medium. J Mushroom Sci Prod. 9:44-47(in Korean).
- Yoon KH. 2003. Investigation of appropriate nutrients for major hardwood species to develop the sawdust media for the cultivation of Lentinula edodes. Ph. D. Thesis. Kookmin University. pp. 40-42. Seoul, Korea.
Supported by : 농림수산식품기술기획평가원