- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Anti-obesity effect of Auricularia spp.
목이버섯의 항비만 효과
- Park, Kun Hee (Department of Food science and Biotechnology, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, Kil-ja (Crop Research Division, Jeollanamdo Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Jang, Kab Yeul (Mushroom Research Division, National Institute of Horticultural & Herbal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Park, Kimoon (Department of Food science and Biotechnology, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2018.02.27
- Accepted : 2018.06.26
- Published : 2018.06.30
The purpose of this study is to discover a food material having anti-obesity effects and to disseminate information on the effects of the material to people who are interested in anti-obesity. For this study, 11 kinds of Auricularia (wood ear) spp., including 8 strains of Auricularia auricula-polytricha, and 3 strains of A. auricula-judae, were presented by the Jeollanamdo Agricultural Research & Extension Services. 3T3-L1 (preadipocyte cell) was used for identifying the inhibition effect on adipocyte differentiation. As a result, this study found that all the extracts had slightly different degrees of inhibition effects on adipocyte differentiation. Among the A. auricula-polytricha strains, strain 21001 showed the most significant effect (4.58%), and the inhibition effect of strain 21002 (4.43%) was the greatest among A. auricula-judae strains. Overall, the inhibition effect of A. auricula-polytricha strains was greater than that of A. auricula-judae strains. The results of mRNA and protein analysis also demonstrated that the inhibition effect of A. auricula-polytricha 21001 was superior to that of any other strains. An in vivo study using 56 ICR mice (6w, male), was performed for 4 weeks. A. auricula-polytricha 21001, which exhibited the most significant effect in the in vitro study was used to compose six different types of feeds. Daily body weight gain of the high-fat diet containing 0.2% 21001 extract feeding group was
Auricularia auricula-polytricha;Auricularia auricula-judae;anti-obesity
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Chang JS, Lee KR, Kim HJ, Bae JT, Park SH, Lee SH, Kim OM. 1998. Inhibition effects of Auricularia auricula-judae methanol extract on lipid peroxidation and liver damage in benzo(a)pyrene-Treated mice. Kor J Food Sci Nutr. 27:712-717.
- Cheung LM, Cheung PCK, Ooi VEC. 2003. Antioxidant activity and total phenolics of edible mushroom extracts. Food Chem. 80:1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00227-3
- Chua SC Jr. 1997. Monogenic models of obesity. Behavior Genetics 27:277-284. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1025679728948
- Dattilo AM, Kris-Etherton PM. 1992. Effects of weight reduction on blood lipid and lipoprotein: a meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. 56:320-328. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/56.2.320
- Gang Chen, Yang-Chao Luo, Bao-Ping Ji, Bo Li, Wei Su, Zhen-Lei Xiao, Gui-Zhi Zhang. 2011. Hypocholesterolemic effects of Auricularia auricula ethanol extract in ICR mice fed a cholesterol-enriched diet. J Food Sci. Technol. 48:692-698. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-010-0196-9
- Gang Chen, Yang-Chao Luo, Bao-Ping Ji, Bo Li, Wei Su, Zhen-Lei Xiao, 2008. Effect of polysaccharide from Auricularia auricula on blood lipid metabolism and lipoprotein lipase activity of ICR mice fed a cholesterol-enriched diet. J Food Sci. 73:H103-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2008.00821.x
- Jang YS, Jeong JM. 2011. Anti-obesity effects of black bean Chungkugjang extract in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and obese mice induced by high fat diet. Kor J Food Sci Nutr. 40:1235-1243. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.9.1235
- Ham SS, Kim DH, Lee DS. 1997. Antimutagenic effects of methyl alcohol extracts from Auricularia auricula and Gyrophora esculenta. Korean J Food Sci Technol. 29:1281-1287.
- Jo SH, Kim TH, Yu YB, Oh JN, Jang MH, Park KM, 2012. A comparative study on the physiological activities of Auricularia spp, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 44:350-355. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.3.350
- Jung EK, 2010, The Effects of Auricularia auricula-judae Supplement on Body Fat, Bone density and concentration of serum lipid of abdominal obese women. M.S. Thesis. Kyonggi University.
- Kim DA, 2007. Antioxidative action and effect on dried skin in rat of Auricularia auricula U. extracts. M.S. Thesis. Daegu Catholic University.
- Kim HM, Hur W, Lee SY. 2011. Polysaccharide extraction and comparison of free radical scavenging activities from Tremella fuciformis and Auricularia auricula fruit body. Food Engineering Progress. 15:6-14.
- Lee BC, Bae JT, Pyo HB, Choe TB, Kim SW, Hwang HJ, Yun JW. 2003. Biological activities of the polysaccharides produced from submerged couture of the edible Basidimycete Grifola frondosa Enz Microb Technol. 6274:1-8.
- Lee JA, Park YJ, Jeong WS, Hong SS, Ahn EK. 2017. Anti-obesity effect of Amomum taso-ko ethanol extract in 3T3-L1 adipocyte. J Appl Biol Chem 60:23-28.
- Lee TY, Ryu HS, Park CS. 2016. Association between liver enzyme and risk of all-cause mortality - use of Korean genome and epidemiology study (KoGES) data. J Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society 17:94-103.
- Lie F, Ooi VEC, Chang ST. 1997. Free radical scavenging activities of mushroom polysaccharide extracts. Life Sci. 60:763-771. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0024-3205(97)00004-0
- Luo Y, Chen G, Li B, Ji B, Guo Y, Tian F. 2009. Evaluation of antioxidative and hypolipidemic properties of a novel functional diet formulation of Auricularia auricula and Hawthorn, Innov Food Sci Emerg Technol 10:215-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifset.2008.06.004
- Mau JL, Lin HC, Song SF. 2002. Antioxidant properties of several speciality mushroom. Food Res Int. 35:519-526. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-9969(01)00150-8
- Philip GR, Forrest HN, George CF. 1993, AIN-93 purified diets for laboratory rodents: final report of the American Institute of Nutrition Ad Hoc Writing Committee on the Reformulation of the AIN-76A Rodent Diet. Nutr. 123:1939-1951. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/123.11.1939
- Sladowski D, Steer SJ, Clothier RH, Balls M. 1993. An improved MTT assay. J Immunol Methods 157:203-207. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1759(93)90088-O
- Song NJ. 2016. Butein inhibits adipocyte differentiation and counteracts obesity by induction of white adipocyte browning. Ph. D. Thesis. Sungkyunkwan University.
- Srujana R, Jeong‐Yeh Y, Suresh A, Mary AD, Clifton AB. 2008. Resveratrol induces apoptosis and inhibits adipogenesis in 3T3‐L1 adipocytes. Phytother Res. 1367-1371.
- Takeuchi, H, He, P, Mooi, L. Y, 2004. Reductive effect of hotwater extracts from woody ear, J Nutri Sci Vitaminol. 50:300-304. https://doi.org/10.3177/jnsv.50.300
- WHO Report, 2018. Obesity and overweight, http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/
- Yang JH, Lin HC, Mau JL. 2002. Antioxidant properties of several commercial mushroom. Food Chem. 77:229-2357. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(01)00342-9
- Zhao S, Liu Y, Xu F, Wang S, Chen J, Geng X, 2013. Hypolipidemic function of Auricularia polytricha protein extract, Modern Food Sci Technol. 2013-05