- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of composition and antioxidant activity of Poria cocos Wolf cultivated in a mortuary and cemetery
시설 및 토경재배 복령의 시기별 성분 및 항산화 활성
- Kim, Jin-Yoon (Laboratory of Veterinary Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Hwa-Yong (Enputech. Co., ltd.) ;
- Jo, Woo-Sik (Gyeongbuk Province Agricultural Technology Administration) ;
- Park, Seung-Chun (Laboratory of Veterinary Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2018.05.03
- Accepted : 2018.06.29
- Published : 2018.06.30
This study was conducted to compare the composition and antioxidant activity of 1- and 2-year-old Poria cocos Wolf cultivated at a mortuary and cemetery. An elemental analyzer test showed oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and sulfur to be present at concentrations of 45~46%, 39~41%, 6.06~6.1%, 0.21~0.22%, and 0%, respectively. No differences in composition were observed among samples. Eleven minerals (S, Ca, Mg, P, As, Se, Cu, Fe, Pb, Zn, and Cd) found in P. cocos cultivated at the mortuary and cemetery were analyzed by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP). The levels of S, Fe, Mg, and Zn in P. cocos were higher in cemetery-cultivated samples than in mortuary-cultivated samples. A 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) assay for antioxidant activity revealed half-maximal inhibitory concentration (
Supported by : Korea Forest Service, Korea Institute of Planning and Evaluation for Technology in Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (IPET)
- Cao G, Cai H, Cai BC, Tu S. 2013. Effect of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural derived from processed on the prevention of high glucose-induced oxidative stress in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and its mechanism. Food Chem 140:273-279. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.11.143
- Choi OB, Cho DB, Kim DP. 1998. The components of cultivated Poria cocos. Korean J Food Nutr 9:438-440.
- Choi SH, Lee SJ, Jo WS, Choi JW, Park SC. 2016. Comparison of Ingredients and Antioxidant Activity of the Domestic Regional Wolfiporia extensa. Journal title. Kor J Mycol 44:23-30(in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2016.44.1.23
- French MA, Sundram K, Clandinin MT. 2002. Cholesterolaemic effect of palmitic acid in relation to other dietary fatty acids. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 11:401-7. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-6047.11.s.7.3.x
- Ghazali N, Abdullah NA, Bakar AA, Mohamad NK. 2014. GCMS analysis of some bioactive components in the root extract of ixora coccinea linn. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 5(3):197-203.
- Jegadeeswari P, Nishanthini A, Muthukumarasamy S, Mohan VR. 2012. GC-MS analysis of bioactive components of Aristolochia krysagathra (aristolochiaceae). J Curr Chem Pharm Sc 2(4):226-232.
- Kang AS, Kang TS, Shon HR, Seo SM, Kang MS, Kim KP, Lee JS. 1999. Studies on Improvement of Artificial Cultivation and Antioxidative Activity of Poria cocos. Kor J Mycol 27(6):378-382(in Korean).
- Kapoor A, Mishra DN, Narasimhan BB. 2014. Antibacterial and antifungal evaluation of synthesized 9,12-octadecadienoic acid derivatives. Pharm Lett 6:246-251.
- Kim JH, Jeong CH, Choi GN, Kwak JH, Choi SG, Heo HJ. 2009. Antioxidant and neuronal cell protective effects of methanol extract from Schizandra chinensis using an in vivo system. Korean J Food Sci Technol 41:712-716.
- Kwon MS, Chung SK, Choi JU, Song KS, Kang WW. 1998. Quality and functional characteristics of cultivated hoelen(Poria cocos wolf) under the picking Date. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nut 27:1034-1040.
- Lee KS, Lee MW, Lee JY. 1982. Studies on the antibacterial activity of Poria cocos. Kor J Mycol 10:27-31(in Korean).
- Park YW, Koo CD, Lee HY, Ryu SR, Kin TH, Cho YG. 2010. Relationship between macrofungi fruiting and environmental factors in songnisan national park. Kor J Env Eol 24:657-679.
- Saito H, Misaki A, Harada T. 1968. A comparison the structure of curdan and pachyman. Agr Biol Chem 32:1261-1269. https://doi.org/10.1080/00021369.1968.10859213
- Song SH, Min IS. 2009. Characteristics of the inorganic element contents for the korean ginsengs from various soils of keumsan. J Ginseng Res 33:13-25. https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2009.33.1.013
- Tai, Mikage T, Tsuda M, Akahori Y. 1994. Analytical studies on Poria cocos II. The relationship between the triterpene contents and the color for the Sclerotium. Nat Med. 48:219-222.
- Win DT. 2005. Oleic Acid - The anti-breast cancer component in olive oil. AU J T 9:75-78.
- Choi SH, Lee SJ, Jo WS, Choi JW, Park SC. Comparison of Ingredients and Antioxidant Activity of the Domestic Regional Wolfiporia extensa. Journal title. Kor J Mycol. 44:23-30.