- Volume 19 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Path Analysis of Geometric Psychology type, Positive Psychological Capital, and Communication Competence for University Students
대학생의 도형심리 유형, 긍정심리자본, 의사소통능력 간의 경로분석
- Kim, Myoung-Sook (Department of Brain Education, Brain Education University) ;
- SEO, Ho-Chan (Department of Global Management, Brain Education University)
- Received : 2018.04.16
- Accepted : 2018.06.01
- Published : 2018.06.30
The objective of this study is to conduct basic research for the development of programs for improving university students' communication competence. As such, it seeks to determine if positive psychological capital can mediate the relationship between the geometric psychology type and communication competence. To that end, 321 Korean university students were surveyed using a questionnaire, and the data underwent scale reliability analysis, regression analysis, and path analysis. Regression analysis revealed the consistent regression results of variables, including geometric psychology type, positive psychological capital, and communication competence. Path analysis confirmed that positive psychological capital mediated the relationship between the geometric psychology type and communication competence, and the results suggested different patterns according to type of geometric psychology. The circle type mediated the sub-variable resilience vis-a-vis communication competence, and directly influenced the latter. The triangle type mediated the sub-factors of positive psychological capital - self-efficacy and resilience -vis-a-vis communication competence, and thus influencing the latter. The square type mediated the sub-factor of positive psychological capital - self-efficacy - vis-a-vis communication competence, and directly influenced the latter. The S type did not mediate positive psychological capital vis-a-vis communication competence, but directly influenced the latter. Thus, considering the above findings, in order to develop university students communication improvement programs, programs should be developed with the application of positive psychological capital considering geometric psychology type.
- Erikson, E. H., Identity and the life cycle. NY: Inter national Universities Press, 1959.
- J. S. Kim, J. G. Nam, J. W. Jung, and J. H. Lee, "System of Lifelong Education and Real condition of Social Education", The Academy of Korean Studies, pp. 82-87, 1983.
- J. Y. Hyun, "Structural Relationships among Perceived Parenting Attitude, Emotional Expression and Interpersonal Competence with College Students", Master's Thesis, Jeju International University, Jeju, 2014.
- H. S. Lee, E. H. Choi, and M. Y. Whang, "Effects of Communication Training Program on Interpersonal Relationships, Conflict Resolution Styles, and Self-Esteem among University Students", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 1-22. 2009.
- E. Lim and H. H. Yoon, "Development of the Career Development Readiness Inventory", The Korean Society for the Study of Career Education.", vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 116-132.
- Dellinger, S., "Psycho-geometrics", Englewood Cliffs, N. J.: Pretice Hall, 1989.
- J. J., Kim, "A Study on the Development of a Korean Geometric Psychology Type Indicator", Humanities and Social Sciences 21, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 465-488, 2015.
- O. J. Kim, "Marital Relationship Improvement Program through the MBTI Personality Type Test", Master's Thesis, Honam Theological University, Gwangju, 2002.
- J. H., Baek., "Study on Effect of Reading Guidance Program based on Enneagram of Personality", Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, Suwon, 2013.
- Seligman, M. E. P., Steen, T. A., Park, N., & Peterson, C., "Positive psychological progress", American Psychologist, 9, pp. 99-102, 2005
- M. J., Shin, "The relationships between communication ability, self-identity and college adjustment among college students", Master's Thesis, Sahmyook University, 2014.
- M. Choi, W. Shin, M. Park, and J. Kim, "Communication Competence Makes us Stronger and Happier : The Effects of Communication Competence on Resilience, Self-Determination and Life Satisfaction", Korea Communication Association, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 199-220.
- Y. M. Ha and H. Kim, "The Influence of Parents' Optimism on Child's Optimism: A Mediating Effect of Parental Positive Reinforcement and Parent-Child Communication Style", Korean Association for Learner-centered Curriculum and Instruction, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 283-307, 2011.
- B. A. Hwang and Y. S. Park, "The Effect of Supervisor's Communication on Perceived Organizational Justice: Moderating Effect of Positive Psychological Capatal", Social Science Reasearch, 32. 2016.
- J. S., Cho, "The effects of communication improving coaching program based on positive psychology on communication skills, self-esteem, consideration.interaction and self-control of the youth", Master's Thesis, Kwangwoon University, Seoul, 2015.
- S. B. Baek, "The Effect of Positive Psychological Group Counseling", Master's Thesis, Korea University, Seoul, 2010.
- J. H. Kim, "The Effect of Perfectionism and Self Efficacy on Interpersonal Skill", Master's Thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu, 2011.
- J. D. Moon, "The influences of parentification in childhood and self-efficacy on adolescents' interpersonal relationship problems", Master's Thesis, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, 2006.
- E. H. Song, "The Effects of Attachment Styles, Coping Strategy, Hope on Social Anxiety", Master's Thesis, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, 2006.
- J. Y. Hong, "The Relation with Hope and Family Function, Interpersonal Relations Disposition in Adolescents", Master's Thesis, Seonam University, Namwon, 2009.
- O. R. Jang, "The effect of group counseling about optimistic view personal relationship and school life adaptation flexibility of middle school students", Master's Thesis, Kyung Sung University, Pusan, 2006.
- W. K. Choi, "The Effect of optimistic improvement programon the optimism and the personal relationship of the vocational high school students", Master's Thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 2009.
- C. O. Kim, "The Effect of Optimistic Improvement Program on Optimism, Personal Relationship, and School Life Adaptation Flexibility of Middle School Students", Master's Thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, 2010.
- Block , J. H., & Kremen, A. M., "IQ and ego-resiliency: Conceptual and empirical connection and separation", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 349-361, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.119 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1689
- K. M. Lee, "The Relationship of communication skill and resilence for Kindergarten Teacher", Master's Thesis, Ajou University, Suwon, 2015.
- Lawarence, L., "Applying Transactional Analysis and Personality Assessment to Improve Patient Counseling and Communication Skills", American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, Article 81, vol. 71, no. 4, 2007.
- Comer, L. B., Dubinsky, A. J., Shao, C., & Schetzle, S., "A New Approach for Teaching Customer Personality Types in the Personal Selling Course", High Education Theory and Application., vol. 14, no. 2, 2014.
- Anderson, R. E., Dubinsky, A. J. & Mehta, R., "Personal selling: building customer relationships and partnerships." IA: Kendal Hunt Publishing Company, 2014.
- Zimmer, R. J. & Hugstad, P. S., "A contingency approach to specializing an industrial sales force", Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management. vol. 1, no. 2, pp.27-35, 1981.
- M. S. Kim, "Family Welfare Approach to Geometry Psychology Type -Focused on Family Life Cycle", The Korean Association of Lifelong Education Leadership, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 77-92, 2015.
- J. J. Kim, "Study on Validity of Developing a Korean Geometric Psychology Test Scale", Korea Entertainment Industry Association, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 241-247, 2015.
- K. H. Heo, "Construction and Validation of a Global Interpersonal Communication Competence Scale", Korean Society for Journalism & Communication Studies, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 380-426, 2003.
- Luthans, F., Youssef, C. M., & Avolio, Bruce J., "Psychological Capital: Developing the Human Competitive Edge", 2007.
- J. H. Baek, "Study on the Development of the Scale of Brain Operating System", Master's Thesis, University of Brain Education, 2016.