- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Loss Minimization Control of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors Considering Self-Saturation and Cross-Saturation
- Pairo, Hamidreza (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology) ;
- Khanzade, Mohammad (Dept. of Information and Communication Technology, Comprehensive Imam Hosein University) ;
- Shoulaie, Abbas (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2017.07.13
- Accepted : 2018.04.11
- Published : 2018.07.20
In this paper, a loss minimization control method for interior permanent magnet synchronous motors is presented with considering self-saturation and cross saturation. According to variation of the d-axis and q-axis inductances by different values of the d-axis and q-axis components of currents, it is necessary to consider self-saturation and cross saturation in the loss minimization control method. In addition, the iron loss resistance variation due to frequency variation is considered in the condition of loss minimization. Furthermore, the loss minimization control method is compared with maximum torque per ampere (MTPA), unity power factor (UPF) and
- R. Nalepa and T. Kowalska, "Optimum trajectory control of the current vector of a nonsalient-pole PMSM in the field-weakening region," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 7, pp. 2867-2876, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2116755
- S. Sul, Control of Electric Machine Drive Systems, IEEE Press series on power engineering, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, L. Xu, M. Guven, S. Chi, and M. Illindala, "Experimental verification of deep field weakening operation of a 50-kw IPM machine by using single current regulator," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 128-133, Jan./Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2091478
- R. Krishnan, Permanent Magnet Synchronous and Brushless DC Motor Drives, Taylor & Francis Group, 2010.
- D. Stojan, D. Drevensek, Z. Planti, B. Grcar, and G. Stumberger, "Novel field-weakening control scheme for permanent-magnet synchronous machines based on voltage angle control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl,, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 2390-2401, Nov./Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2012.2227133
- Y. Xu, N. Parspour, and U. Vollmer, "Torque ripple minimization using online estimation of the stator resistances with consideration of magnetic saturation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 61, No. 9, pp. 5105-5114, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2279378
- S. Morimoto, Y. Takeda, T. Hirasa, and K. Taniguchi, "Expansion of operating limits for permanent magnet motor by current vector control considering inverter capacity," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 26, No.5, pp. 866-871, Sep./Oct. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.60058
- Y. Nakamura, T. Kudo, F. Ishibashi, and S. Hibino, "High-efficiency drive due to power factor control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 10, No.2, pp. 247-253, Mar. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.372609
- E. Al-nabi, B. Wu, N. Zargari, and V. Sood, "Input power factor compensation for high-power CSC fed PMSM drive using d-axis stator current control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 752-761, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2158772
- S. Bolognani, R. Petrella, A. Prearo, and L. Sgarbossa, "Automatic tracking of MTPA trajectory in IPM motor drives based on AC current injection," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 105-114, Jan./Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2090842
- S. Kim, Y.D. Yoon, S.K. Sul, and K. Ide, "Maximum torque per ampere (MTPA) control of an IPM machine based on signal injection considering inductance saturation," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 488-497, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2195203
- A. Consoli, G. Scarcella, G. Scelba, and A. Testa "Steady-state and transient operation of IPMSMs under maximum-torque-per-ampere control," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 121-129, Jan./Feb. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2036665
- D. S. Kirschen, D. W. Novotny, and T. A. Lipo, "On-line efficiency optimization of a variable frequency induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. IA-21, pp. 610-616, May/Jun. 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1985.349717
- F. Abrahamsen, F. Blaabjerg, J. K. Pedersen, and P. B. Thoegersen, "Efficiency-optimized control of medium-size induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 1761-1767, Nov./Dec. 2001.
- F. Abrahamsen, F. Blaabjerg, J. K. Pedersen, and P. B. Thoegersen, "On the energy optimized control of standard and high-efficiency induction motors in CT and HVAC applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 822-831, Jul./Aug. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.703985
- C. Chakraborty and Y. Hori, "Fast efficiency optimization techniques for the indirect vector-controlled induction motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 1070-1076, Jul./Aug. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.814550
- R. S. Colby, and D. W. Novotny, "An efficiency- optimizing permanent-magnet synchronous motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 462-469, May/Jun. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.2897
- C. Cavallaro, A. O. Tommaso, R. Miceli, A. Raciti, G. R. Galluzzo, and M. Trapanese, "Efficiency enhancement of permanent-magnet synchronous motor drives by online loss minimization approaches," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 1153-1160, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.851595
- S. Vaez, V. I. John, and M. A. Rahman, "An on-line loss minimization controller for interior permanent magnet motor drives," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1435-1440, Dec. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.815086
- S. Morimoto, Y. Tong, Y. Takeda, and T. Hirasa, "Loss minimization control of permanent magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 511-517, Oct. 1994.
- C. Mademlis, I. Kioskeridis, and N. Margaris, "Optimal efficiency control strategy for interior permanent-magnet synchronous motor drives," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 715-723, Dec. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2004.837282
- N. Urasaki, T. Senjyu, and K. Uezato, "A novel calculation method for iron-loss resistance suitable in modeling permanent-magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 41-47, Mar. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2002.808329