- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on the Changes of Awareness and Preference according to the Clinical Application Experience of Digital Intraoral Scanners in Dental Hygienists
디지털 구강스캐너 임상적용 경험에 따른 치과위생사의 인지도 및 선호도 변화에 관한 융합연구
- Jang, Kyeung-Ae (Department of Dental Hygiene, Silla University) ;
- Heo, Seong-Eun (Department of Dental Hygiene, Silla University) ;
- Kang, Hyun-Kyung (Department of Dental Hygiene, Silla University) ;
- Lee, Sook-Jeong (Department of Dental Hygiene, Silla University)
- Received : 2018.05.17
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
This study aimed to determine the changes of awareness and preference of dental hygienists according to the experience of using a digital intraoral scanner through a convergence study. Data collected by an online survey for dental hygienists in Busan, Gyeongnam and Gyeongbuk were analyzed by SPSS 24.0 program. When dental hygienists had an experience of using a digital intraoral scanner, the awareness and preference of digital intraoral scanners were significantly higher. The experience of using a digital intraoral scanner showed a positive correlation with the clinical application experience of digital intraoral scanners; the clinical application experience of digital intraoral scanners, with the awareness of digital intraoral scanners; and the awareness of digital intraoral scanners, with the preference of digital intraoral scanners. In conclusion, the dental hygienist's experience in clinical application of digital intraoral scanners is expected to increase the awareness and preference, resulting in the improvement of dental hygienists' work ability. Therefore, it is believed that continuous education and learning about digital oral scanners are needed.
Fusion;Dental Hygienist;Digital Intraoral Scanner;Clinical Practice;Awareness;Preference
- Liu, P-R. (2005). A panorama of dental CAD/CAM restorative systems. Compendium, (26)7, 507-513.
- R. W. Kim, G. W. Jang, Y. R. Heo & M. K. Son. (2014). Understanding and Application of Digital Impression in Dentistry. THE KOREA RESEARCH SOCIETY FOR DENTAL MATERIALS, 41(4), 253-261. https://doi.org/10.14815/kjdm.2014.41.4.253
- H. R. Jung. (2012). Dental Service Satisfaction of Dental Patients who experienced with Digital Impression. Unpublished master's thesis. Inje University, Gyeongnam.
- Y. S. Kim, H. S. Park & I. Y. Ku. (2013). Perceptions of Dental Hygienists toward Digital Dentistry. Journal of The Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 13(6), 909-916. DOI : 10.13065/JKSDH.2013.13.06.909 https://doi.org/10.13065/JKSDH.2013.13.06.909
- H. K. Kang, S. J. Lee, K. A. Jang & S. E. Heo. (2018). Dental hygienists' Needs for Convergence Education according to the Use of Digital Intraoral Scanners. J. of the Korean Convergence Society, 9(5), 69-75. DOI :10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.069 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.069
- J. W. Choi, B. C. Choi & S. C. Kim. (2017). Marginal fit of the prosthesis fabricated by dental oral scanner and model scanner. THE JOURNAL OF THE KOREA RESEARCH SOCIETY FOR DENTAL MATREIALS, 44(1), 79-86.
- H. R. Park. (2014). Changes in the perceptions of degital intraoral scanners before and after training dental hygienist. Doctoral dissertation. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Beuer, F., Schweiger, J., & Edelhoff, D. (2008). Digital dentistry: an overview of recent developments for CAD/CAM generated restorations. British dental journal, 204(9), 505. DOI : 10.1038/sj.bdj.2008.350 https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.2008.350
- S. J. Jang.(2016) Convergent relationship between functional oral health literacy, oral health knowledge and oral health behavior of some university students. J. of the Korean Convergence Society, 7(2), 69-75. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.069 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.069
- G. U. Kim & J. H. Kim (2015) A study on the knowledge and awareness of care workers on the geriatric oral health. J. of the Korean Convergence Society, 6(6), 9-15. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.009 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.009
- J. M. Park, E. J. Park, & S. J. Heo. (2014). Suitable scanning procedures for various prosthodontic treatments and the utilization ofintraoral scanner. The J. of Korean Dental Association, 52(6), 354-362.
- H. K. Kang, K. A. Jang, S. E. Heo & Y. L. Kim. (2018). Analysis of the Fusion Differences in Dental Hygiene Process Charts Applying Dental Hygiene Process Between School and Dental Clinic. J. of the Korean Convergence Society, 9(1), 223-231. DOI :10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.223 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.223
- H. I. Yoon, S. M. Lee, & E. J. Park. (2016). Comparison of patient satisfaction with digital and conventional impression for prosthodontic treatment. The J. of Korean Academy of Prosthodontics, 54(4), 379-386. DOI :10.4047/jkap.2016.54.4.379 https://doi.org/10.4047/jkap.2016.54.4.379
- Christensen GJ. (2008). Will digital impressions eliminate the current problems with conventional impressions. J. of the American Dental Association and the dental cosmos, 139(6), 761-764. DOI : 10.14219/jada.archive.2008.0258 https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2008.0258
- J. S. Kim. (2014). Comparison of learning curves between two different intraoral scanners. Unpublished master's thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- C. H. Kwon, M. S. Lee, K. H. Kang & K. H. Kim. (2017). A Convergence Study on the Necessity of General Hospital Workers Hospice Palliative Care Education. J. of the Korean Convergence Society, 8(6), 45-54. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.045 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.045
- C. H. Kim, J. Y. Lee & H. O. Lee. (2001). The Effects of the Medical Service by Service Instruction of Dental Health Care Worker. J. of Dental Hygiene Science, 1(1), 59-65.