- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Interrelation between Image and Text as Fusion Relationship -Through Advertising Production Class-
융합적 관계로서의 이미지와 텍스트의 상호관계성 분석 연구 -광고 제작 수업을 통하여-
- Seo, Hwa-Jung (Graduate School of Arts Education, Kookmin University) ;
- Huh, Yoon Jung (College of Arts, School of Fine Arts, Kookmin University)
- Received : 2018.04.19
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
This study explores the relationship between images and texts through advertising production using images and texts, and analyzes the student works with the semiotics of Roland Barth. Since Barth emphasized the interpreter's interpretation rather than the producer's intention in his work, he interpreted the work as a receiver. It was analyzed in terms of socio-cultural meaning of what students produced in the works. A total of 64 classes were held for the first two classes in D high school. The results of analyzing students' works after the advertisement production class are as follows. First, as a result of analyzing Barth 's myth structure model, advertisement image and text are symbols and have meaning. Second, advertising image and text complement each other and have the characteristic of interrelationship that constitutes meaning. Third, By attracting the socio-cultural implications inherent in the students' advertising, their values and interests could be discovered.
- Y. S. Kim & J. K. (2004), Oh, Pleasure of reading ad text. Theater and Human.
- Y. H. Kim, (2002), Text analysis for ad text, German education, 25, 173-197.
- G. W. Seo, (2012), The Role of Images in Public Service Advertisements in Germany and Korea: Image- Focusing on text relations-. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, M.A. thesis.
- H. S. Song, (2010), Semiotics, Korean Cultural History.
- T. H. Kim, (2003), Semantic Analysis of Graphic Design: Focusing on the Symbolism and Mythology of Roland Barthes. Konkuk University, M.A. thesis.
- Y. A. Park, (2008), Interaction between images and text: focusing on Edward Ruscha's early work. Hongik University. M.A. thesis.
- Y. H. Chung, (2008), Interdynamic dynamics of text and images, Comparative Study of World Literature, 22, 177-201.
- D. S. Kim, (2005), A Semiotic Study on Advertisement Interpretation. Mokwon University, M.A. thesis.
- J. M. Han & H. S. Kang, (2014), Milk package design using Roland Barth's semiotics of myths. Korea Design Forum, 44, 91-100.
- S. H. Huh, (2010), Study of Instruction Methods for the Use of Youth Internet Language. Chunbuk University, M.A. thesis.
S. L. Choi & H. S. Kang, (2012), Analysis of the work of animation
Focusing on Langham 's Semiotics, Korean Journal of Radiological Science, 10(4), 53-70.
- M. K. Kim, (2015), Semiotics analysis of Saussure, Peirce, and Myth of Barthes Focused on the film 'Veteran', Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(11), 1-6. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.1
- Semiotic Society, (2003), Reading the world in semiotics, Somim Publishing.
- Y. H. Choi, (2004), Language and image: focusing on the relationship between two media. group, Journal of Applied Psychology, 16, 425-447.
- S. G. Kang, (2015), A Historical Review and Future Direction of Image Research in Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, 26(2), 393-419.
- G. H. Cho, (2010), From textual linguistics to textual semiotics: Text-image all-in-one, Analysis of arcs, German Literature, 115, 275-301.