- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of Emotional Intelligence through A Maker Education Program Based on Design Thinking Process for Undergraduate Students in an University
디자인씽킹 프로세스 기반의 메이커교육 프로그램을 통한 감성지능의 향상 연구: 대학교 사례를 중심으로
- Ryu, Yeaeun (Department of Education, Kyung Hee University Graduate School) ;
- Kang, Inae (Department of Education, Kyung Hee University Graduate School) ;
- Jeon, Yongchan (Department of Education, Kyung Hee University Graduate School)
- Received : 2018.05.14
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
The age of the
Maker Education;Design Thinking Process;Emotional Intelligence;Empathy;General Education
- J. H. Park & N. M. Shin. (2017). Students' perceptions of artificial intelligence technology and artificial intelligence teachers. The Korean Society for The Study of Teacher Education, 34(2), 169-192
- K. Schwab. (2017). The fourth industrial revolution. Crown Business.
- D. Golman.. (2014). Focus : the hidden driver of excellence (S.Y.Park 역). Seoul: LeadersBook.
- IDEO. (2011). Design Thinking Toolkit for Educator (Seoul: Yonsei University HCID Lab). Seoul: EditTheWorld.
- Liedtka, J., & Ogilvie, T. (2011). Designing for Growth. Columbia University Press.
- W. G. Lee. (2017). An Analysis of a Way for Adopting Design Thinking in Management Education : Case Study. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Resarch, 17(1), 117-136.
- T. Brown. (2008, June). Design Thinking. Harvard Business Review
- T. Kelly & D. Kelly (2013). Creative Confidence, Crown Business.
- E. S. Kang. (2017). A study on the educational effects of the maker education outreach program : a case study focused on free semester activity. Doctoral dissertation. KyungHee University, Seoul.
- I. A. Kang & H. J. Yoon. (2017). Exploring the Evaluation Framework of Maker Education. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 17(11). 541-553 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.11.541
- I. A. Kang, H. J. Yoon & J. W. Hwang. (2017). Maker Education: Constructivism Reached in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Seoul: NaeHa.
- J. W. Hwang, I. A. Kang & H. S. Kim (2016). Educational Technology for All. (pp.166-176) Seoul: Korean Association for Educational Information and Media
- Blikstein, P., Martinez, S. L., & Pang, H. A. (Eds.). (2016). Meaningful Making: Projects and Inspirations for Fab Labs+ Makerspaces. Constructing Modern Knowledge Press.
- Honey, M., & Kanter, D. E. (Eds.). (2013). Design, make, play: Growing the next generation of STEM innovators. Routledge.
- Peppler, K., & Bender, S. (2013). Maker movement spreads innovation one project at a time. Phi Delta Kappan, 95(3), 22-27. https://doi.org/10.1177/003172171309500306
- Kang, I. A., & Choi, S. K. (2017) Maker Mindsets Experienced Through the Maker Activity in Library: Focusing on Social Relationships among Makers. The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17, 407-430
- Kim, J. I. (2015). Design Thinking Education in d.School. Korea Digital Design Council, 15(4), 97-108. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2015.15.1.010
- Kim, J. A., & Oh, I. K. (2016). A Methodology for Design Process in Design Thinking, Journal of Integrated Design Research, 15(3), 9-18.
- Kolodner, J. L. (2003). Problem-based learning meets case-based reasoning in the middle-school science classroom: Putting learning by design (tm) into practice. The journal of the learning sciences, 495-547.
- Scheltenaar, K., van der Poel, J., & Bekker, M. (2015). Design-Based Learning in Classrooms Using Playful Digital Toolkits. Eindhoven: TU/e.
- Lee, H. M. (2017). The Maker Education in the Museum of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. A Study on Culture and Arts Education, 12(2), 83-100.
- Sheridan, K., Halverson, E. R., Litts, B., Brahms, L., Jacobs-Priebe, L., & Owens, T. (2014). Learning in the making: A comparative case study of three makerspaces. Harvard Educational Review, 84(4), 505-531. https://doi.org/10.17763/haer.84.4.brr34733723j648u
- Tan, M., Yang, Y., & Yu, P. (2016). The influence of the maker movement on engineering and technology education. World Trans. Eng. Technol. Educ, 14(1), 89-94.
- Park, J. Y. (2016). The Makespace, as an educational space to prepare the future. Maker Education Korea Forum. (pp.14-19). Seoul: Maker Education Initiative
- Kang, I. A., Kim, Y. S., & Yoon, H. J. (2017). Fostering Entrepreneurship by Maker Education : A Case Study in an Higher Education. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 253-264. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.253
- Lee, J. S. (2017). A Study of Design Thinking Adaptation for Maker Education Process. Design Forum, 54, 225-234.
- Kang, I. A., & Kim, M. K. (2017). Exploring Educational Effects of Maker Activity in an Elementary School Class. The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17, 487-515. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.14.487
- Lee, Y. S., & Jo, K. M. (2016). A Study on the characteristics of the inside title page in the picture books - Focusing on Korean picture books. Korean Joural of Children's Media, 15(4), 217-241. https://doi.org/10.21183/kjcm.2016.12.15.4.217
- Kapur, M. & Bielaczyc, K. (2012), Designing for Productive Failure. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 21(1). 45-83. https://doi.org/10.1080/10508406.2011.591717
- Vossoughi, S., Escude, M., Kong, F., & Hooper, P. (2013, October). Tinkering, learning & equity in the after-school setting. In annual FabLearn conference. Palo Alto, CA: Stanford University. from http://fablearn.stanford.edu/2013/papers/.
- Martinez, S. L. & Stager, G. (2013). Invent to learn. Torrance, Calif.: Constructing Modern Knowledge Press.
- Drayton, W., & Budinich, V. (2010). Get ready to be a changemaker. Harvard Business Review. The Conversation Blogs, 2. from https://hbr.org/2010/02/are-you-ready-to-be-a-changema
- Brown, T. (2009). Change by Design. Harper Collins e-books.
- Konno, N. (2015). Design Thinking. Seoul: argo9.
- Martin, R. L. (2009). Design Thinking. Seoul: WoongJinWings
- IDEO. (2011). Design Thinking Toolkit for Educator. Seoul: EditTheWorld.
- IDEO. (2014). Human Centered Design Toolkit. Seoul: EditTheWorld.
- Choi, W. S. (2014). The holistic startup business model development by lean startup and design thinking:startup methodology and education program development for designers in the creative economy. Doctoral dissertation. HongIk University, Seoul.
- Choi, J. A. (2016). A Study on the Design Education with the Application of Design Thinking Process for the Art Pre-service Teacher of the Secondary Education. The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 16(12), 1357-1379. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.12.1357
- Plattner, H., Meinel, C., & Leifer, L. (Eds.). (2010). Design thinking: understand-improve-apply. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Oh, K. S., Suh, Y. K & Chung, H. J. (2018). A study on development of educational contents about combining computational thinking with design thinking. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(5), 65-73 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.5.065
- Brahms, L, & Crowley, K. (2016). Making sense of making: Defining learning practices in MAKE magazine. In K. Peppler, E. Halverson, & Y. Kafai (Eds.), Makeology: Makers as learners(v. 2)(pp.13-28). New York,NY: Routledge.
- Peppler, K., Halverson, R. E. & Yasmin, B. K. (2016). Makeology: Makerspaces as Leaning Environment (Volume 1). NewYork: Routledge.
- Woo, Y. J. (2017). Development and Application of Empathy-based Design Thinking of Elementary Science Gifted Students for Group Creativity Education. Doctoral dissertation. Koean National University of Education, Cheongju.
- Lee, D. H. (2015). Exploration of Core Competence and Development of Process for the Introduction of Design Thinking to Science Education as a Method for Group Creativity Education. Doctoral dissertation. Koean National University of Education, Cheongju.
- Goldman, S., & Kabayadondo, Z. (Eds.). (2016). Taking Design Thinking to School: How the Technology of Design Can Transform Teachers, Learners, and Classrooms. Taylor & Francis.
- Thorndike, E. L. (1920). Intelligence and its uses. Harper's magazine.
- Gardner, H. E. (1983). Multiple Approaches to Understanding. Instructional design theories and models: A new paradigm of instructional theory, 2, 69.
- Salovey, P. & Mayer, J. D. (1990). "Emotional Intelligence". Imagination, Cognition, and personality, 9(3), 185-211. https://doi.org/10.2190/DUGG-P24E-52WK-6CDG
- Salovey, P. & Mayer, J. D. (1997). What is emotional intelligence? : Implication for education, Inp. Salovey & D.Sluyter(Eds.), Emotional development, emotional literacy and emotional intelligence, New York: Basic Books, 3-31.
- Dulewicz, V., & Higgs, M. (2000). Emotional intelligence-A review and evaluation study. Journal of managerial Psychology, 15(4), 341-372. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940010330993
- Park, Y. S. (2010). A Study on the Relationships of Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Commitment, and Prosocial Service Behaviors of a Customer Service Representative in Customer Centers. Doctoral dissertation. JeonNam University, Gwangju.
- Kim, K. S., Kim, K. S., Kim, I. S., Yang, D. M., & Kim, T. J. (2010) Quality of Life Improvement Through the Development of Emotional Intelligence. Seoul: JipMoonDang
- Ki, Y. H. (2017). An effect of emotional labor of private security on job burn-out and customer orientation. Doctoral dissertation. DaeguHaany University, Daegu.
- Goleman, D. (1995). Emotional intelligence :Why it can Matter More Than IQ. New York.: Bantam Books.
- Moon, Y. L. (1997). High EQ indicates success. Seoul: Geulilang
- Kim, Y. S. (2017). Suggestions for Revitalization Convergence Education in Art Education and Korean Language Education - For the Purpose of Improving Children's Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking Ability -. Doctoral dissertation. HanYang University, Seoul
- Bar-On, R. (1997). Bar-On emotional quotient inventory: Technical manual. Toronto, Canada: Multi-Health Systems.
- Choi, H. M. (2012). A Study on the Effect of Military Leader's Emotional Intelligence on Subordinates' Job Satsfaction and Organizational Commitment. Doctoral dissertation. KyungWon University, Sungnam.
- You, J. Y. (2017). The Effects of Convergence Design Thinking on Preliminary Health Administrators' Social Problem Solving Competency: Intrapreneurship Integrated Curriculum, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(11), 271-283 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.11.271
- Wong, C. S., & Law, K. S. (2002), The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude : An exploratory study, The leadership quarterly, 13, 243-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(02)00099-1
- Lee, W. S. (2014). Development and Effects of Emotional Intelligence Improvement program for Undergraduate Nursing Students. Doctoral dissertation. KyungSang University, Jinju.
- Lee, B. H. (2014). A Study on Effect of Call Center Representatives' Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Citizenship Behavior on Job Performance. Doctoral dissertation. JeonNam University, Gwangju.
- Daniel, L. (2017). Complete Design Thinking Guide for Successful Professionals. Seoul: Sangsnueng.