- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Research on the Subjectivity of the Female University Students Regarding the Management of the Health of the Skin: An Application of Q-methodology
여대생의 피부건강관리에 대한 주관성 연구 : Q 방법론적 접근
- Yoon, Jeong-Ah (Department of Nursing, Tongmyong University)
- 윤정아 (동명대학교 보건복지교육대학 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.04.10
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
This research was attempted to understand the types of the subjectivities possessed by the individuals regarding the management of the health of the skin on the part of the female university students by applying the Q-methodology and to comparatively analyze the special features. Regarding the subjects of the research, 41 female university students at one university were made into the P-samples. And, by selecting 34 Q-samples from the total of 141 Q-populations, the forced distribution took place in terms of the 9-points scale. The subjects were interviewed, and the contents regarding interviews were recorded. The data were analyzed with the QUANL program. As a result of the research, the 4 types were discovered. They appeared as 'the professional knowledge pursuing type', who consider the expertise regarding the skin management important, 'the nature-oriented type', who express the importance of the skin rather than the functional, cosmetic products, 'the active self- management type', who pursue the highly-functional cosmetic products and the active skin management, and 'the self-ostentation type', who consider the external parts, rather than the health, important. As a result, based on the results of this research, the special characteristics by each type regarding the skin health management of the female university students must be understood, and a differentiated educational method or approach method for the skin health management resulting this must be considered.
Female university students;Management;Health of the skin;Subjectivity;Q-methodology
- G. Choi, S. H. Lee, & Y. S. Na. (2003). Effects of the health behvior on skin health in female university students. Journal of the Korea Society of cosmetology, 9(3), 63-70.
- M. S. Kim. (1997). Health promotion for adolescent. The Korean Nurse, 36(3), 6-15.
- S. H. Chang, W. J. Kwon & K. J. Chang. (2002). A comparative study on the dietary attitudes, dietary behaviors and diet qualities of food and nutrition major and non-major female university students. Korean Journal Community Nutrition, 7(3), 293-303.
- J. H. An. (2011). The effect of Men's skin care on self-esteem. Master's Thesis, Hansung University. Seoul.
- K. I. Choi. (2010). Study on effects of service marketing activities of skin-care shops on customer satisfaction and revisit. Master's Thesis, Kyung Hee University. Seoul.
- S. E. Lee, Y. H, Kim & B. H. Kim. (2013). Reserch Paper : A Study on knowledge and action of female university students' skin health care. Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology 19(4), 732-738.
- S. I. Choi, Y. N. Kwon & G. Y. Lee. (2012). A study on skin health knowledge and treatment-The case of female college students major and non-major in skin care. Journal of Academic-Industrial Technology, 13(7), 2886-2894.
- S. Y. Park, S. A. Oh & Y. J. Soo. (2016). Skin care and utilization preference and satisfaction of 20's women student on college. Journal of the Korea Society of Cosmetology, 22(3), 552-559.
- M. H. Lee. (2013), The study on college girls' knowledge about skin and their skin care condition. Journal of the Korean Society of Beauty Cultural Arts, 2(2), 53-60.
- H. G. Kim. (2008). Q methodology : philosophy, theories,analysis,andapplication.Seoul: Communication Books.
- S. H. Bae, I. O. Moon & Y. H. Kim. (2003). Relationships between variables related to skin health and skin health behavior in female university students in Seoul. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, 20(1), 147-158.
- K. H. Hyun, C. S. Youn. (2006). Perception analysis of knowledge and behavior on woman's skin management. Journal of Beauty Industry, 1(1), 81-96.
- H. S. Bae. (2005). College and university girl student's awareness and behavior of skin care. Korean Journal of Aesthetics and Cosmetics Society, 3(1), 177-188.
- B. H. Kim. (1995). A study on women's awareness of skin beauty care and make up. Korean Public Health Research, 21(2), 149-174.
- J. S. Yoon & J. H. Lee. (2018). The effect of the interests of cosmetics on middle school girl's purchase satisfaction. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 121-131. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.2.121
- E. J. Myong. (2000). A study on knowledge and behavior for skin health care : Focusing on women in their 20s and 30s. Master's Thesis, Yonsei University. Seoul.
- E. K. You & H. J. Kwon. (2016). Analysis of the internet shopping mall users' perception on cosmeceuticals. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 555-560. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.555
- H. J. Kwon & J. S. Park. (2016). Effects of convergence factors of life habits and skin dryness. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(3), 473-481. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.473
- Y. M. Cho, S. S. Suk, S. Y. Park & Y. H. Lee. (2016). Impact of socio-psychological health on the practice of skin care behavior. Journal of Health and Beauty, 10(1), 55-68.
- E. Y. Jang, N. H. Park, B. H. Yoon & Y. H. Lee. (2014). Relevance of subjective skin health and stress of female undergraduate students. Journal of Health and Beauty, 8(2), 5-18.
- K. W. Kim. & C. I. Lee. (2018). A study on effects of the level of campus life satisfaction - focused on personality traits, self-management career attitude. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 19-27.