- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Analysis of Korea's Export and Import Trends to Vietnam
한국의 대 베트남 수출과 수입 동향 비교 분석
- Choi, Soo-Ho (Division of Business, Sogang University) ;
- Choi, Jeong-Il (Division of Business, SungKyul University)
- Received : 2018.05.18
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
In this study, we examined Korea's exports and imports trends to the world and Korea's exports and imports trends to Vietnam. We also examined exports and imports trends about China, USA, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan in Korea's major trading nation. The purpose of this study is to examine how much Korea's exports and imports of Vietnam have increased and to compare how much it has risen compared to other major countries. To this end, we used imports and exports data for Korea, China, USA, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan using data from January 2000 to February 2018 for 218 months. During the past 218 months, Korea's exports to Vietnam have increased rapidly, leading to Korea's exports to the world. Korea's exports to Vietnam showed a 10 times increase rate compared to Korea's exports to the world. Vietnam has grown to be an important export country in Korea.
- D. E. Kim. (2018). Directly identify emerging entities, Hana Financial Investment Global Asset Research, 1-11.
- J. Y. Song. (2018). Adopting the Future-oriented Joint Declaration of Korea and Vietnam, Yonhap News Politics, 2018.03.23.
- Y. M. Kang. (2017). A Study on the Vietnam's International Commerce Policy and Commercial Cooperation between Korea and Vietnam, Korea trade review, 42(2), 97-116.
- D. O. Choi et al. (2015). The Pattern Analysis of Korea's Exports to Vietnam by Sea and Air, The Korean international commerce review, 30(4), 247-262.
- H. J. Hong & G. E. Shim. (2015). Linkages between Korea's Outward FDI in Vietnam and Exports of Intermediate Goods, Journal of international trade & commerce, 11(5), 153-169.
- S. I. Jung. (2016). Changes and Implications of Vietnam's Export-Import and Investment Structure in Korea, KIET Industry Economy, 212, 64-74.
- J. H. Lee. (2012). An Empirical Analysis on Export Competitiveness Determinants in the Vietnam Market of Korea Company, Korea trade review, 37(4), 139-160.
- S. Y. Lee & J. G. Lee. (2015). Sustainable Supply Chain Management and Performance in the Global Supply Network : An Empirical Validation of Vietnamese Suppliers, Korean journal of business administration, 28(2), 453-468.
- M. J. Cho & J. G. Kim. (2012). Analysis on FTAs and the Market Access: Vietnam's Importing Market, The journal of Korea research society for customs, 13(4), 135-156.
- D. M. Kim. (2015). Revitalization small businesses of the overseas exchange through the convergence of private network (Focusing on Laos in the Indochina Peninsula). Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(2), 31-36. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.2.031
- S. H. Noh. (2010). A Study of the Impact on the Intention to Purchase Imported Goods Caused by Korean Country Image in Vietnam, Journal of the Korean data analysis society, 12(2), 1035-1051.
- Y. A. Song & Vu Thi Phuong Thao. (2015). Study on the Impact of National Image and Product Image on Customer's Electronics Purchase Intention in Vietnam Market, International Commerce and Information Review, 17(4), 73-96. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.17.3.201509.73
- Y. S. Cho & K. I. Khoe. (2018). The moderating effects of organizational culture on the relationship among open information innovation, strategic alliance and export performance of SMEs, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(2), 219-225. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.2.219
- J. H. Lee. (2015). Study on Korea Country Image and Cosmetics Brand Image in Vietnam Market by the Korean Wave, International Commerce and Information Review, 17(3), 73-91. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.17.3.201509.73
- J. W. Choi & T. H. Yung. (2014). A Study on Entry Strategies of the Vietnamese Distribution Market of Korean Firms, Journal of international trade & commerce, 10(3), 569-585.
- K. H. Kim. (2016). The Study for Collaboration Strategy about Korea's Overseas Ventures Co. into the Vietnam Market in Manufacture 3.0 era, The e-business studies, 17(2), 149-173.
- J. H. Lee. (2012). A Study on the Re-purchase Intention and Country-of-Origin Effect for Vietnam's Country Image, International Commerce and Information Review, 14(1), 23-46. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.14.1.201203.23
- J. Y. Zhang, S. J. Lee & E. B. Choi. (2017). Factors that Influence the Sharing Intention of Vehicle and Sharing Behavior in China, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(4), 195-203. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.4.195
- D. G. Kim. (2010). Strategies for Promoting Trade and Economic present situation between Korea and Vietnam, Journal of International Trade & Commerce, 6(1), 285-304. https://doi.org/10.16980/jitc.6.1.201003.285
- S. H. Choi & J. I. Choi. (2017). Analysis of Exchange Rates of major countries and Domestic Interest Rate Fluctuations Affecting Exports, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(10), 231-238. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.10.231
- S. I. Jung. (2017). Analysis of Korea's education and investment structure in Vietnam and its implications for the advancement of the consumer market, KIET Industrial Economic Analysis, 59-70.
- S. H. Choi & J. I. Choi. (2017). Analysis of Volatility and Directionality of Korean Imports and Exports. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 113-121. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.113
- J. I. Choi. (2015). Convergence analysis about volatility of the stock markets before and after the currency crisis. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(8), 153-160. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.153
- S. H. Choi & J. I. Choi. (2015). Analysis of a Stock Price Trend and Future Investment Value of Cultural Content-related Convergence Business. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(11), 45-55. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.45
- Customs Service Trade Statistics : https://unipass.customs.go.kr