- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Difference of Improvement according to Hospitalization Time after Traffic Accident: A Retrospective Study
교통사고 후 입원 시기에 따른 호전도 차이에 대한 후향적 연구
- Lee, Jeong-Ryol ;
- Kim, Yang-sun ;
- Kim, Tae-Gyu ;
- Park, Han-Sol ;
- Yoo, Do-Hyun ;
- Lee, Sang-won ;
- Choi, In-Seok
- 이정열 ;
- 김양선 ;
- 김태규 ;
- 박한솔 ;
- 유도현 ;
- 이상원 ;
- Received : 2018.06.14
- Accepted : 2018.06.27
- Published : 2018.07.31
Objectives The purpose of this study is to find a relation between hospitalization time and the overall outcome of treatment, and suggest an optimal hospitalization date. Methods We analyzed the medical records of patients who received admission treatment at Mokhuri Neck and Back Hospital in April, 2018. Results By analyzing the difference in visual analog scale (VAS) scores according to the hospitalization date, it was shown in this study that when hospitalization was held out by the fourth day of accident there was a significant difference in the improvement of symptoms than any other day. There were no statistically significant differences in initial VAS scores and admission periods. Conclusions It is the most effective for a traffic accident patient to receive hospitalization within the first four days of accident for the most effective reduction in overall pain.
Traffic accidents;Hospitalization;Patient admission;Korean traditional medicine;Visual analog scale
- Korean National Police Agency. Traffic Accident Status [Internet]. 2017 Nov 8 [cited 2018 Jun]. Available from: URL: http://www.index.go.kr/potal/main/EachDtlPageDetail.do?idx_cd=1614.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 3rd ed. Paju:Koonja Publishing. 2011:204-5, 254.
- Park TY, Lee JH, Ko YS, Woo YM, Song YS, Shin BC. The statistical study of 84 traffic accident patients hospitalized in oriental medical hospital. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine. 2005;6(1):31-40.
- Shin JH, Oh MS. The retrospective analysis of 1,162 traffic accident inpatients in Korean medicine hospital. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2013;23(4):233-50.
- Kim YJ, Kim TR, Woo CH, Park JH. The retrospective analysis of traffic accident inpatients in Korean and western medicine hospital. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2016;26(4):97-105.
- Shim SY, Park HJ, Lee JM, Lee HS. An overview of pain measurements. Korean J Acupunct. 2007;24(2):77-97.
- Shin YS, Park JB, Kin CH, Choi JL, Kim DH. Korean Medicine approach to traffic accident victims. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2002;19(6):1-11.
- Song YI, Jin KS, Shin HL, Yoon IJ, Choi SH, Oh MS. The clinical analysis of traffic accident patients treated by oriental medicine. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2005;15(2):77-89.
- Kim BC, Han EJ, Lee YJ, Lee MJ. The statistics study of admission patients to the oriental medical hospital due to traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2002;12(1): 31-9.
- Kook KH, Oh MS. The analysis of 509 admission patients in Korean medical hospital due to traffic accident. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2012;22(4):169-83.
- Kim EG, Lee DG, Jeong WJ, Cho HS, Bae JI, Kim SH, Kim KH. Original Article: The clinical study on 500 cases with traffic accident patients admitted in oriental medical hospital. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(5):29-38.
- White A. Measuring pain. Acupuncture in Medicine. 1998;16(2):83-7. https://doi.org/10.1136/aim.16.2.83
- Huskisson EC. Measurement of pain. Lancet. 1974;2(7889):1127-31.
- Kahl C, Cleland JA. Visual analogue scale, numeric pain rating scale and the McGill pain Questionnaire: and overview of psychometric properties. Physical Therapy Reviews. 2005;10(2):123-8. https://doi.org/10.1179/108331905X55776
- Lee JS, Hobden E, Stiell IG, Wells GA. Clinically important change in the visual analog scale after adequate pain control. Acad Emerg Med. 2003;10(10):1128-30. https://doi.org/10.1197/S1069-6563(03)00372-5