- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Network Analysis and Frame Analysis on the Sensationalism of News Coverage according to the Influence of News Production Environment : based on the #metoo movement of celebrity
뉴스생산 환경에 따른 방송 보도의 선정성 네트워크 분석·프레임 분석 : 유명인에 대한 미투운동 사례를 중심으로
- 홍주현 (국민대학교 언론정보학부)
- Received : 2018.05.28
- Accepted : 2018.07.11
- Published : 2018.07.28
This study explored news coverage on the sex crimes and analyzed news by network analysis and frame analysis based on the layered model to compare news coverage on the celebrity. As a result, in case of celebrity the broadcasting focused more and the tone of news is more sensational. The news in ground wave broadcasting more detailed on the sex crimes. It blamed the An, the governor of Chungnam more and the news is more sensational by interviewing marginal man. In #Metoo case, broadcasting news focused on the offender. The title of case name and the headline are framed based on the offender. Especially consensual relationship frame is dominated in the sex crime news. This study also can see the offender blaming frame and in the viewpoint of agenda-setting. It is difficult to find the cause of #Metoo movement and the structural approach on the case. This study highlighted the importance of layed model when analyzing the sex-crime news related with #Metoo movement.
- M. A. Winkleby, D. E. Jatulis, E. Frank, and S. P. Fortmann, Socioeconomic status and health: how education, income, and occupation contribute to risk factors for cardiovascular disease, 1992. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1694190/pdf/amjph00543-0042.pdfensationalismin-journalism/
- R. H. Kapadia, "Level of awareness about knowledge, belief and practice of brain based learning of school teachers in Greater Mumbai region," Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol.123, pp.97-105, 2014. https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/35584096/Procedia_copy.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIWOWYYGZ2Y53UL3A&Expires=1523161735&Signature=FGHTwTtluB0Bfb8Amn09OdiNzBE%3D&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3DLevel_of_Awareness_about_Knowledge_Belie.pdf
- N. O. Atulomah, M. F. Olanrewaju, A. M. Amosu and O. Adedeji, Level of Awareness, Perception and Screening Behavior Regarding Prostate Cancer Among Men in a Rural Community of Ikenne Local Government Area, Nigeria 2010.
- J. L. Knight, T. A. Guiliano, and M. G. Sanchez-Ross, Famous or infamous? The influence of celebrity status and race on perceptions of responsibility for rape, Basic and Applied Social Psychology, Vol.23, No.3, pp.183-190, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15324834BASP2303_4
- M. Deuze, "The web and its journalism: considering the consequence of different types of news media online," new media & society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.203-230, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444803005002004
- L. Ducat, S. Thomas, and W. Blood, Sensationalizing sex offenders and sexual recidivism: Impact of the Serious Sex Offender Monitoring Act 2005 on media reportage. Australian Psychologist, Vol.44, No.3, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/00050060903127499 https://doi.org/10.1080/00050060903127499
- M. Davis, Sensationalism In Journalism, 2017. http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/03/15/s
- B. A. Monahan, The Shock of the News: Media Coverage and the Making of 9/11. New York University Press: New York and London, 2010.
- R. Urbe and B. Gunter, "Are 'Sensational' News Stories More Likely to Trigger Viewers' Emotions than Non-Sensational News Stories? A Content Analysis of British TV News," EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION, Vol.22, No.2, pp.207-228, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0267323107076770
- 김세중, 정용국, "TV 뉴스의 선정성이 정서, 기억, 뉴스 평가 및 갈등 지각에 미치는 영향," 미디어와 공연예술연구, 제9권, 제3호, pp.253-280, 2014.
- C. J. Glynn and A. R. Tims, "Sensationalism in science issues :A case study," Journalism Quaterly, Vol.59, No.1, pp.126-131, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1177/107769908205900123
- C. R. Hofstetter and D. M. Dozier, Useful News, Sensational News: Quality, Sensationalism and LOCAL TV News. Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, pp.815-853, 1986. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/107769908606300421
- 강동욱, "언론보도에 따른 범죄피해자의 2차 피해방지를 위한 법제 등의 검토와 그 개선방안," 법학논총, 제32권, 제1호, pp.23-54, 2015.
- M. E. Grabe, S. Zhou, and B. Barnett, Exploring Sensationalism in Television News: Content and the Bless and Wistles of Form. Journal of Broadcasting & Electric Media, Vol.45, No.4, pp.635-654, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Shuhua_Zhou2/publication/249025488_Explicating_Sensationalism_in_Television_News_Content_and_the_Bells_and_Whistles_of_Form/links/54aedd160cf21670b3587480/Explicating-ensationalism-in-Television-News-Content-and-the-Bells-and-Whistles-of-Form.pdf
- W. Atteveldt, Semantic Network Analysis. BookSurge Publishers:Charleston SC., 2008. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.711.5765&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- M. Dekvalla, Issue and game frames in the news: Frame-building factors in television coverage of the 2014 Scottish independence referendum. Journalism, pp.1-20, 2016. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1464884916674231
- Y. Jewkes, Media and Crime, London: SAGE, 2015.
- 한국언론진흥재단, 2017 소셜미디어 이용자 조사, 2017.
- M. E. Grabe, S. Zhou, and B. Barnett, "Explocating Sensationalism in Television News: Content and the Bless and Wistles of Form," Journal of Broadcasting & Electric Media, Vol.45, No.4, pp.635-654, 2001. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Shuhua_Zhou2/publication/249025488_Explicating_Sensationalism_in_Television_News_Content_and_the_Bells_and_Whistles_of_Form/links/54aedd160cf21670b3587480/Explicating-Sensationalism-in-Television-News-Content-and-the-Bells-and-Whistles-of-Form.pdf https://doi.org/10.1207/s15506878jobem4504_6
- '언론중재위, 선정적 제목. 2차 피해 우려 '미투' 보도 시정권고,' 뉴스1, 2018년 4월 2일자.
- T. Serisier, Sex Crimes and the Media. Criminology and Criminal Justice, 2017. http://criminology.oxfordre.com/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190264079.001.0001/acrefore-9780190264079-e-118
- E. Shoham, "Coverage of the Rape of a "Celebrity Victim" By the Israeli Daily Press," International Review of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol.4, No.2, pp.108-117, 2013.
- K. Gilchrist, "NEWSWORTHY" VICTIMS? Exploring differences in Canadian local press coverage of missing/murdered Aboriginal and White women, 2010. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content-db=all-content=a930958834-frm=abslink
- 홍주현, "가해자와 피해자의 위계(heirarchy)예 따른 매체가시성(media visibility)의 양과 질 네트워크 분석," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제8호, pp.520-534, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.08.520
- P. J. Shoemaker and S. D. Reese, Mediating the Message : Theories of Influences on Mass Media Content, Second Edition, 1996. https://chinhnghia.com/mediating-the-message.pdf
- C. J. Greer and A. R. Tims, "Sensationalism in science issues :A case study," Journalism Quaterly, Vol.59, No.1, pp.126-131, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1177/107769908205900123