- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Prediction Method for Moisture-release Surface Deformation of a Large Mirror in the Space Environment
우주환경에서 대형 반사경의 습기 방출에 의한 형상 변화 예측방법
- Song, In-Ung (Space Optics Laboratory (SOL), Department of Astronomy, Yonsei University) ;
- Yang, Ho-Soon (Space Optics Team, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Khim, Hagyong (Space Optics Team, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Kim, Seong-Hui (Satellite Payload Development Division, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Hoi-Yoon (Space Optics Team, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Kim, Sug-Whan (Space Optics Laboratory (SOL), Department of Astronomy, Yonsei University)
- 송인웅 (연세대학교 천문우주학과, 우주광학연구실) ;
- 양호순 (한국표준과학연구원 첨단측정장비연구소 우주광학팀) ;
- 김학용 (한국표준과학연구원 첨단측정장비연구소 우주광학팀) ;
- 김성희 (한국항공우주연구원 위성연구본부) ;
- 이회윤 (한국표준과학연구원 첨단측정장비연구소 우주광학팀) ;
- 김석환 (연세대학교 천문우주학과, 우주광학연구실)
- Received : 2018.05.31
- Accepted : 2018.07.09
- Published : 2018.08.25
In this paper, we propose a new method to predict a mirror's surface deformation due to the stress of moisture release by a coating in the environment of outer space. We measured the surface deformation of circular samples 50 mm in diameter and 1.03 mm thick, using an interferometer. The results were analyzed using Zernike fringe polynomials. The coating stress caused by moisture release was calculated to be 152.7 MPa. This value was applied to an analytic model of a 1.25 mm thickness sample mirror, confirming that the change of surface deformation could be predicted within the standard deviation of the measurement result (
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회, 항공우주연구원
- M. A. Norris and E. G. Wolff, "Moisture expansion measurement and data analysis techniques for composite structures," in Proc. 40th International SAMPE Symposium (USA, May 1995), pp. 1867-1879.
- H. K. Pulker and E. Jung, "Correlation between film structure and sorption behaviour of vapour deposited ZnS, cryolite and MgF2 films," Thin Solid Films 9, 57-66 (1972). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6090(72)90330-6
- H. A. Macleod, "Structure-related optical properties of thin films," J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 4, 418-422 (1986).
H. K. Pulker and J. Maser, "The origin of mechanical stress in vacuum-deposited
$MgF_2$and ZnS films," Thin Solid Films 59, 65-76 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6090(79)90365-1
K. Kinosita and N. Mineo, "Porosity of
$MgF_2$films - evaluation based on changes in refractive index due to adsorption of vapors," J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 6, 730-733 (1969). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.1315743
S. Ogura, N. Sugawara, and R. Hiraga, "Refractive index and packing density for
$MgF_2$films: correlation of temperature dependence with water sorption," Thin Solid Films 30, 3-10 (1975). https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6090(75)90298-9
- H. K. Pulker, "Stress, adherence, hardness, and density of optical thin films," Proc. SPIE 0325 (1982).
- H. A. Macleod, "Microstructure of optical thin films," Proc. SPIE 0325 (1982).
- G. N. Strauss, Mechanical Stress in Optical Coatings (Optical Interference Coatings, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2003), pp. 207-229.
- C. J. Stolz, J. R. Taylor, W. K. Eickelberg, and J. D. Lindh, "Effects of vacuum exposure on stress and spectral shift of high reflective coatings," Appl. Opt. 32, 5666-5672 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.32.005666
- P.-Y. Bely, The Design and Construction of Large Optical Telescopes (Springer Science & Business Media, 2003).
- W. J. Larson J. R. Wertz, Space Mission Analysis and Design (No. DOE/NE/32145--T1. Microcosm, Inc., Torrance, USA, 1992).
- A. Poenninger and B. Defoort, "Determination of the coefficient of moisture expansion (CME)," in Proc. 9th International Symposium on Materials in a Space Environment (The Netherlands, Jun. 2003), pp. 567-572.
- E. Estrada, F. Colozzi, and H. Jabs, "A new highly accurate CME test facility," in Proc. Spacecraft Structures, Materials & Mechanical Testing, International Conference (The Netherlands, 1996), pp. 585-590.
- W. Riede, P. Allenspacher, L. Jensen, and M. Jupe, "Analysis of the air-vacuum effect in dielectric coatings," Proc. SPIE 7132, 71320F (2008).
- D. Wernham, "Optical coatings in space," Proc. SPIE 8168, 81680F (2011).
- G. G. Stoney, "The tension of metallic films deposited by electrolysis," Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A 82, 172-175 (1909). https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1909.0021
- N. Schwarzer and F. Richter, "On the determination of film stress from substrate bending: STONEY's formula and its limits," (2006).
- von F. Zernike, "Beugungstheorie des schneidenver-fahrens und seiner verbesserten form, der phasenkontrastmethode," Phys. 1, 689-704 (1934).
- D. Malacara, Optical Shop Testing (John Wiley & Sons, 2007), Vol. 59.
- ARDEC, US Army, "MIL-PRF-13830B American military standards," United States Department of Defense (1992).
- Dassault Systemes, "Emes 2005-2007 Catia V5 Manuals," (2005).
- K. B. Doyle, V. L. Genberg, and G. J. Michels, Integrated Optomechanical Analysis (SPIE Press, 2002), Vol. 58.
- N. Schwarzer, "About the theory of thin coated plates," (2002).
- H. Kihm, H.-S. Yang, and Y.-W. Lee, "Optomechanical analysis of a 1-m light-weight mirror system," J. Korean Phys. Soc. 62, 1239-1246 (2013). https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.62.1239
- CODE, V, "Reference Manuals (Version 10.6)," Synopsys OSG (2014).
- D. Korsch, "Closed form solution for three-mirror telescopes, corrected for spherical aberration, coma, astigmatism, and field curvature," Appl. Opt. 11, 2986-2987 (1972). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.11.002986