- Volume 9 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Relationship of Caregiving Appraisal and Family Function among Senile Dementia Patients' Families using In-home Services for the Long-Term Care Insurance
노인장기요양보험 재가보호서비스를 이용하는 노인성 치매환자 가족의 돌봄평가와 가족기능과의 관계
- Lee, Jungeun (Graduate School, College of Nursing, Yonsei University) ;
- Ko, Il Sun (College of Nursing, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2018.05.23
- Accepted : 2018.08.20
- Published : 2018.08.28
The aim of this study was to identify the relationship of caregiving appraisal and family function among senile dementia patients' families using in-home services for the Long-Term Care Insurance(LTCI). The participants were 121 family caregivers of senile dementia patients using in-home services for the LTCI. The participants' mean age was
- Statistics Korea. (2017). Statistics on the Aged. http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&bSeq=&aSeq=363362&pageNo=1&rowNum=10&navCount=10&currPg=&sTarget=title&sTxt
- Statistics Korea. (2014). Statistics on the Aged. https://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=330349
- The board of audit and inspection of Korea . Central dementia center. (2017). National dementia management system improvement research for preventing omission of dementia patient management. Seoul: Central dementia center.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare. (2013). 2012 Dementia prevalence 9.18%, Dementia patients' increase twice every 20 years. http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&BOARD_ID=140&BOARD_FLAG=00&CONT_SEQ=286138&page=1
- E. H. Lee. (2003). Impact of family function in the burden of caregiving elderly dementia patients. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 19, 173-197.
- Y. K. Kim, Y. B. Lee, S. E. Choi, K. H. Kim, & S. E. Im. (2015). The Diversification of Family Structure and the Role of families and Governments in Family Support Research Report. Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. November. Report No.: Research Report 2015-10.
- J. Lee, M. S. Yoo, & D. Jung. (2010). Caregiving appraisal of family caregivers for older stroke patients in Korea. International Nursing Review-International Council of Nurses, 57(1), 107-112. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00751.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00751.x
- S. H. Kim, & J. H. Jung. (2013). The Correlation between Cognitive Function and Basic Activities of Daily Living of the Elderly People with Dementia in the Residential Care Facilities. The Elderly-Dementia Occupational Therapy. 7(1), 57-67.
- H. J. Lee, J. W. Lee, & J. Y. Lee. (2015). Family Caregiver's Burden for the Elderly with Dementia: Moderating Effects of Social Support. Journal of Institute for Social Science, 1, 345-367.
- S. J. Han, S. Y. Lee, J. Y. Kim, & H.S. Kim. (2014). Factors Associated with Family Caregiver Burden for Patients with Dementia-A Literature Review. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 1(3), 242-254. http://dx.doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2014.16.3.242
- C. J. Lee, & B. W. Im. (2011). Effects of Services Delivery System of Long-Term Care for the Elderly to the Qualities of Life of Caregivers-Parameters of Home Care Services User Family Caregivers' Burden. Korean Policy Research, 11(2), 265-283.
- M. Takai et al. (2009). The experience of burnout among home caregivers of patients with dementia-Relations to depression and quality of life. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 49, e1-e5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2008.07.002
- D. H. Kim, & K. W. Um. (2015). A study on care experience of family members of the elderly with dementia after policy implementation of dementia special rating- Focusing on difficulty of care and necessary social services. Korean Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare, 70, 349-371.
- K. Y. Cho. (2002). A Study about the Family Function of Senile Dementia Family. Master's thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- I. H. Choi, E. J. Kim, S. Y. Chung, & N. J. Yang. (2011). The Impact of the Korean Long-Term Care Insurance System on the Beneficiaries and Their Family Caregivers-Focusing on Quality of Life and Family Relationships. Research Report. Seoul: Korean Women's Development Institute. December. Report No.: Research Report-1.
- N. J. Yang, & I. H. Choi. (2013). The impact of the Korean Long Term Care Insurance System on its Family Caregivers-Focusing on Family Caregiving Arrangement. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, 44(3), 31-56.
- S. Andren, & S. Elmstahl. (2005). Family caregivers' subjective experiences of satisfaction in dementia care: Aspects of burden, subjective health, and sense of coherence. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences, 19(2), 157-168. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2005.00328.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2005.00328.x
- M. P. Lawton, M. H. Kleban, M. Moss, M. Rovine, & A. Glicksman. (1989). Measuring Caregiving Appraisal. Journal of Gerontology, 44(4), 61-71. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/44.3.P61
- M. P. Lawton, M. Moss, C. Hoffman, & M. Perkinson. (2000). Two Transitions in Daughter's Caregiving Careers. The Gerontological Society of America, 40(4), 437-448.
- V. B. Mitrani et al. (2006). The role of family functioning in the stress prcess of dementia caregivers: A structural family framework. The Gerotologist, 46, 97-105. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/46.1.97
- M. HERU Alison. (2000). Family Functioning, Burden, and Reward in the Caregiving for Chronic Mental Illness. Families, Systems & Health, 18(1), 91-103. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0091855
- K. S. Kim, & E. S. Choi. (2010). Factors Affecting Family Function of Family with the Elderly Dementia. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 2(2B), 717-731.
- H. Oh, & S. H. Sok. (2009). Health condition, Burden of Caring, and Quality of Life among Family Members of the Eldery with Senile Dementia. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 18(2), 157-166.
- M. S. Yoo, Y. S. Kim, & K. S. Kim. (2010). A Study about Health related Quality of Life, Burden and Coping Ability for Family Caregivers caring for Dementia Elderly. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 30(4), 1117-1127.
- E. Y. Cho, E. H. Cho, & S. S. Kim. (2010). Effects of Family Relationship on Burden of Family Caregivers of Older Adult with Dementia. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 30(2), 421-437.
- J. H. Lee, E. Friedmann, S. J. Picot, S. A. Thomas, & C. J. Kim. (2007). Korean version of the Revised Caregiving Appraisal Scale: a translation and validation study. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 59(4), 407-415. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04346. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04346.x
- M. L. Tavitian, J. Lubiner, L. Green, L. C. Grebstein, & W. F. Velicer. (1987). Dimensions of Family Functioning. Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 2(2), 191-204.
- H. J. Choi, & Y. J. Yoo. (1999). A Study on the Development of the Family Functioning Scale On the basis of FFS developed by Tavitian et al. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 7(1), 57-71.
- National Health Insurance Service. (2018.). Report Material: '2018 family counselling support'enlargement implement. https://www.nhis.or.kr/bbs7/boards/B0039/25509