- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Differences of Nurses' Perception of the Code of Ethics, Degree of Application of Nursing Ethics and Biomedical Ethical Consciousness according to Nursing Students' Clinical Practice Experience, Ethical Values and Biomedical Ethics Education
간호대학생의 임상실습, 윤리적 가치관 및 생명의료윤리교육에 따른 간호사 윤리강령인식, 윤리강령 적용정도 및 생명의료윤리의식의 차이
- Jeong, Gye-Seon (Chosun Nursing College)
- 정계선 (조선간호대학교)
- Received : 2018.06.12
- Accepted : 2018.08.24
- Published : 2018.08.31
Purpose: This study was conducted to investigate the differences of the Code of Ethics, level of application of the Code of Ethics and consciousness of biomedical ethics of nurses about clinical practice experience, ethical values and biomedical ethics education experience of nursing students. Methods: A descriptive research design, t-test and one-way ANOVA were used. The data were collected 1st June to 31st August 2016 from two large cities. The participants were 246 nursing students with a mean age of 22.57 years. Among them, 209 (84.6%) were female, 94 (38.2%) had clinical practice experience, 155 (63.0%) listed their ethical value as different depending on the situation, and 127 (51.6%) had biomedical ethics education experience. Results: The scores were: awareness of the Code of Ethics of Nurses
Supported by : 조선간호대학교
- Ahn, S. H. (2009). Quantitative analysis of ethics research within the Korean Nursing Community. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 12(3), 261-274.
- Chau, J. P., Lam, L. W., Lui, M. H., Ip, W. Y., Chien, W. T., Lee, I. F., et al. (2010). A survey of registered nurses' perception of the code of professional conduct in Hong Kong. Journal of Clinical Nurses, 19(23-24), 3527-3534. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03349.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03349.x
- Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Lang, A. G., & Buchner. (2007). A G*POWER 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods, 39, 175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Ha, Y. J., & Jung, K. I. (2012). A study on the consciousness of biomedical ethics of freshmen nursing students. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 6(4), 37-48. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.4.037
- Heikkinen, A., Lemonidou, C., Petsios, K., Sala, R., Barazzetti, G., Radaelli, S., et al. (2006). Ethical codes in nursing practice: The viewpoint of Finish, Greek and Italian nurses. Journal of Advance Nurses, 55(3), 310-319. http://dx.doi.org/: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03912.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03912.x
- International council of nurses. (2006, April 1). The ICN code of ethics for nurses. Retrieved from http://icn.ch/about-icn/code-of-ethics-for-nurses (Accessed 1 April 2011).
- International council of nurses. (2012). The ICN code of ethics for nurses. Rrevised from http://www.icn.ch/who-we-are/code-of-ethics-for-nurses/ (Accessed 15 March, 2018)
- Jeong, G. S. (2016). The effect of biomedical ethics education program for nursing students freshman. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(3), 376-386. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.376 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.376
- Jeong, G. S. (2017). The influencing factor of consciousness of biomedical ethics, moral sensitivity and critical thinking disposition on the code of ethics for nurses ethics of nursing students. Journal of Korea Academic-Industrial Cooperation Society, 18(11), 544-555. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.544 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.544
- Jeong, M. K., Moon, M. Y., & Jaung, A. H. (2013). Relationship between nurse' consciousness of biomedical ethics, job satisfaction and nursing performance. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, 14(1), 27-47.
- Kang, S. W., & Choi, E. J. (2015). Awareness towards code of ethics for Korean nurses and nursing professionalism among nursing students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(2), 1101-1114.
- Kim, Y. J. (2017, November 25). Individuals choose to die with dignity following trial implementation of end-of-life legislation. 'The life-sustaining treatment decision-making took effect last month'. Hankyoreh, Retrieved from http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_national/820666.html
- Kim, E. H., & Lee, E. J. (2012). A comparison of first-year and senior nursing students' ethical values and understanding of biomedical ethics. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 15(1), 78-95.
- Kim, E. A., Park, H. Y., & Choi, So. E. (2014). The influence of moral sensitivity and critical thinking dispositions on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. The Korean Society for Medical Ethics, 27(2), 144-158.
- Kim, H. S. (2015). Effects of the nursing process education program on critical thinking disposition of the nursing students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(1), 561-574.
- Kim, I. S. (2013). Effects of biomedical education on the consciousness of bioethics of freshman nursing and health students. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, 14(1), 1-13.
- Kim, M. A (2013). Two teaching methods to improve nursing student's moral intelligence, moral sensitivity and moral judgement: Theatre of situations and pro-con debate. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 16(3), 376-390.
- Kim, M. S. (2015). Influence of moral sensitivity and ethical values on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(3), 382-392. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.382 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.382
- Kim, Y. S., Kang, S. W., & Ahn, J. A. (2012). Moral sensitivity relating to the application of the code of ethics. Nursing Ethics, 20(4), 470-478. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0969733012455563 https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733012455563
- Korean Nurses Association. (2014). The code of Ethics of nurses. Retrieved from http://www.koreanurse.or.kr/about_KNA/ethics.php. (Accessed 19, February. 2018)
- Kwon, S. J. (2003). A study on the consciousness of biomedical ethics of the nursing students and medical students-Focused on Daegu city and Gyeongsanbuk-do-. (Unpublished master's thesis), Keimyung University, Dague.
- Lee, S. M, Kim, Y. S., & Ahn, S. H. (2010). Nursing ethics and law. Seoul, South Korea: Korea National Open University Press.
- Lee, Y. H. (2014). Code of ethics and ethics education as means to resolve ethical issue in adapted physical activity in Korea. Korean Journal of Adapted Physical Activity, 22(2), 119-128. https://doi.org/10.17006/kjapa.2014.22.2.119
- Numminen O., Arend A., & Leino-Kilpi H. (2009a). Nurse educators' and nursing students' perceptive on teaching codes of ethics. Nurses Ethics, 16(1), 69-82. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0969733008097991 https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733008097991
- Numminen, O., Arend, A., & Leino-kilpi, H. (2009b). Nurses' code of ethics in practice and education: A review of literature. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Society, 23, 380-394. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2008.00608.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2008.00608.x
- Numminen, O., Leino-Kilpi, H., Arend, A., & Katajisto J. (2010). Nurses' educators' teaching of code of ethics. Nurses Education Today, 30(2), 124-131. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2009.06.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2009.06.011
- Seon, J. S. (2017). The problems and future tasks of the act of hospice Palliative care and withdrawing life sustaining treatment. New tendency of criminal law, 55, 163-190.
- Tadd, W., Clarke A., Lloyd, L., Leino-Kilpi, H., Strandell, C., Lemonidou, C. et al. (2006). The value of nurses' codes: European nurses' views. Nurses Ethics, 13(4), 376-393. http://dx.doi.org/10.1191/0969733006ne891oa https://doi.org/10.1191/0969733006ne891oa
- Verpeet, E., Casterl, B., Lemiengre, J., & Gastmans, C. (2006). Belgian nurse' view on code of ethics: Development, dissemination, implementation. Nurse Ethics, 13(5), 531-545. http://dx.doi.org/10.1191/0969733006nej896oa https://doi.org/10.1191/0969733006nej896oa
- Yoo, M. S., & Shon, K. C. (2011). Effects of nursing education on biomedical ethics awareness, moral sensitivity and moral judgement of nursing students. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, 12(2), 61-76.