- Volume 5 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Incidence of Online Public Opinion on Guangzhou Simultaneous Renting and Purchasing Policy - A data mining application
- Wang, Yancheng (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies) ;
- Li, Haixian (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies)
- Received : 2018.07.31
- Accepted : 2018.08.21
- Published : 2018.08.31
This paper adopts the big data research method, and draws 491 data from the Tianya Forum about the Simultaneous Renting and Purchasing policy of Guangzhou. The qualitative analysis software Nvivo11 is used to cluster the main questions about the Simultaneous Renting and Purchasing policy in the forum. The 36 high-frequency word frequencies are obtained through text clustering. Through rooted theory analysis, the main driving factors for summarizing people's doubts are 9 main categories, 3 core categories, and the model of driving factors for online forums is established. The study finds that resource factors are the most key factor, economic factors are the important drivers, and policy guiding factors are sub-important drivers.
- Chen, W. (2015). Taking stock, moving forward: The internet, social networks and civic engagement in Chinese societies. Information Communication & Society, 17(1), 1-6. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2013.857425 https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2013.857425
- Chen, W., & Reese, S. (2015). Networked China: Global dynamics, digital media and civic engagement: New agendas in communication. London, England: Routledge
- Jain, A.K. and S. Maheswari. (2012). Survey of recent clustering techniques in data mining. Int. J. Comput.Sci. Manage. Res., 1: 72-78.
- Medaglia, R., & Yang, Y. (2017). Online public deliberation in china: Evolution of interaction patterns and network homophily in the tianya discussion forum. Information Communication & Society, 20(5), 1-21. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2016.1203974 https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1203974
- Min P., Jiajia H., Jiahui Z., Jimin H., & Jiping L. (2015). Massive short text clustering and topic extraction based on frequent itemsets. Computer Research and Development, 52(9), 1941-1953.
- Jinping X. (2017, Octorber 19). The 19th session of national congress of the communist party of China. People's daliy, p.9.
- Aqiang, Z.(2017, July 31). Promote simultaneous renting and purchasing policy and meet the needs of the public, 12 Cities enter the "Anyone who needs to settle down should receive a residence", China City News, Version 001.
- Qian H. (2014). Research on the Dissemination Communication of China's Internet Forum--Taking Tianya Forum as an Example. News World, 5, 124-125.
- Urquhart, C., Lehmann, H., & Myers, M. D. (2010). Putting the 'theory' back into grounded theory: Guidelines for grounded theory studies in information systems. Information Systems Journal, 20(4), 357-381. Doi:10.1111/j.1365-2575.2009.00328.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2575.2009.00328.x
- Xianming C. (2000). Qualitative research methods and social science research. Beijing, China: Education Science Press.
- Xiaoe L. (2012). The Dissemination Characteristics of Network Public Opinion and the Construction of Rational Public Discourse Space--Taking the Ecological Environment Issues of the Three Gorges Project in Tianya Forum as an Example. Media Age 1, 21-24.
- Yanling W, Weihua S, & Shuqian T. (2013). Web Forum: A New Form of Democratic Participation for All People--Taking the "Power Forum" and "End of the World" as an example. News and Communication Research, 6, 88-100.
- Yoon, H. G., Kim, H., Chang, O. K., & Song, M. (2016). Opinion polarity detection in twitter data combining shrinkage regression and topic modeling. Journal of Informetrics, 10(2), 634-644. DOI: 10.1016/j.joi.2016.03.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joi.2016.03.006
- Zhou, X., Zhang, X., & Hu, X. (2007). Semantic smoothing of document models for agglomerative clustering. International Joint Conference on Artifical Intelligence (pp.2922-2927)San Francisco, CA: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc.