- Volume 18 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development of Computational Science Simulation Management Program in Heterogeneous Computing Environments
이종 컴퓨팅 환경에서의 계산과학 시뮬레이션 관리 프로그램 개발
- Received : 2018.06.28
- Accepted : 2018.07.30
- Published : 2018.08.28
Heterogeneous high performance computing systems are gaining acceptance as the environments for computational scientific simulations of various application fields. Those computing systems, however, have been mostly used with the legacy consoles, resulting in the severe decrement of accessibility and usability of heterogeneous computing assets. To solve this problem, this paper presents the design and implementation of web-based computational science simulation management program. The proposed program provides fundamental primitives including user authentication, data management, physical/virtual computing resource management, job management, etc. that can be used to manage different kinds of simulations efficiently, and also offers highly extensible feature through a modular plug-in architecture. We also present the best practical examples of applications (e.g., scientific simulation education and bio-medical) to confirm our program's effectiveness.
Computational Science;Simulation;Heterogeneous Environment;Job Management
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- B. Hindman, A. Konwinski, M. Zaharia, and I. Stoica, "A common substrate for cluster computing," Workshop on Hot Topics in Cloud Computing 2009.
- R. Seungwoo, K. Jik-Soo, K. Sangwan, K. Seoyoung, and H. Soonwook, "Effective Distributed Supercomputing Resource Management for Large Scale Scientific Applications," J. of KIISE, Vol.42, No.5, 2015.
- L. Kotthoff, T. Kelsey, and M. McCaffery, "Web-scale distributed eScience AI search across disconnected and heterogeneous infrastructures," Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on e-Science 2014.
- RESTful OpenAPIs, http://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/Representational_state_transfer, 2018-06-21
- F. Jan, C. Jiri, D. Marie, and J. Janecek, "New Approach for Virtual Machines Consolidation In Heterogeneous Computing Systems," International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology, Vol.9, No.12, 2016.
- A. Tiwari, A. C. Chantrenne, A. Jundt, J. Peraza, R. Lohner, J. D. Baum, and L. Carrington, "Running large‐scale CFD applications on Intel KNL-based clusters," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol.86, No.11, 2018.
- K. SeongKi, "A Survey on Issues at the GPGPU Acceleration of the Monte Carlo Tree Search," International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.12, No.15, 2017.
- J. Bi, H. Yuan, W. Tan, M. Zhou, Y. Fan, J. Zhang, and J. Li, "Application-aware dynamic fine-grained resource provisioning in a virtualized cloud data center," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, Vol.14, No.2, 2017.
- nanoHub, http://nanohub.org, 2018.06.21.
- ICEAGE (International Collaboration to Extend and Advance Grid Education), http://www.iceage-eu.org/, 2018.06.21.
- HubZero Platform, https://hubzero.org/, 2018.06.21.
- https://nanohub.org/infrastructure/rappture/, 2018.06.21.
- F. Y. Calderon, F. Wihardja, E. Melamed, M. Song, G. Paladini, N. Lepore, M. Nelson, S. Erberich, S. Bluml, and J. G. McComb, "Extending PACS functionality: towards facilitating the conversion of clinical necessities into research-derived applications," 12th International Symposium on Medical Information Processing and Analysis. Vol. 10160. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2017.
- S. Piyamas, K. Dejhan, and S. Yimmun, "A web-based DICOM-format image archive, medical image compression and DICOM viewer system for teleradiology application," SICE Annual Conference, Proceedings of IEEE, 2010.
- A. Chierici and R. Veraldi, "A quantitative comparison between xen and kvm," Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics, 2009.
- Y. Yonghong and C. Barbara, Comparative Study of Distributed Resource Management Systems-SGE, LSF, PBS Pro, and LoadLeveler, 2004.
- H. Johner, L. Brown, F. S. Hinner, W. Reis, and J. Westman, Understanding LDAP, IBM 1998.
- G. Shahram and M. Ankit, "An evaluation of the hibernate object-relational mapping for processing interactive social networking actions," Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, ACM, pp.64-70, 2014.
- Spring Web Framework, https://spring.io, 2018.06.21.
- W. Felter, A. Ferreira, R. Rajamony, and J. Rubio, "An updated performance comparison of virtual machines and linux containers," Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS), 2015 IEEE International Symposium On. IEEE, 2015.
- J. Sebastien, U. Ayachit, and B. Geveci, "Paraviewweb, a web framework for 3d visualization and data processing," IADIS international conference on web virtual reality and three-dimensional worlds, Vol.7, 2010.