- Volume 67 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Design and Characteristics Comparison of 600W Class Consequent Pole Type IPMSM
600W급 Consequent Pole Type IPMSM 설계 및 특성 비교
- Gim, Gyu-Hwa (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University) ;
- Park, Byung-Jun (Park Byung-Jun Electric Lab) ;
- Kim, Yongn-Tae (Motor R&D Center, S&T Motiv) ;
- KimJang, Gyu-Tak (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2018.03.15
- Accepted : 2018.07.09
- Published : 2018.08.01
The Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor(PMSM) has various advantages. However, new types of research have been carried out because of rising prices of materials for rare earth magnets used in PMSM and also unstable supply. In this paper, we propose Consequent Pole(CP) type IPMSM for magnet reduction. The shape of CP type IPMSM stator was same with Basic model IPMSM. The design of the rotor shape was proceeded that CP type IPMSM achieved the same output as the basic model IPMSM. Finally, the selected model and IPMSM were compared and discussed.
- Ishii S, Hasegawa Y, Nakamura K, Ichinokura O, "Characteristics of novel flux barrier type outer rotor IPM motor with rare-earth and ferrite magnets", 2012 International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA), pp. 1-4, 2012.
- Dong-Hee Lee, Kyung-Soo Cha, Jin-Chul Park, Jung-Pyo Hong, "Analysis of Vehicle System Efficiency Corresponding to Driving Cycle of Wound Field Synchronous Motor and Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for Electric Vehicle", The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 2017.5, 1112-1115 (4 pages)
- Young-Soo Park, Jin-Hyung Yoo, Tae-Uk Jung, "PMa SynRM type rotor shape optimization design for reducing the permanent magnet usage and improving efficiency", Proceedings of KIIEE Annual Conference, 2016.5, 190-190 (1 pages)
- S. U. Chung, J. M. Kim, D. H. Koo, B. C.Woo, D. K Hong, and J. Y. Lee, "Fractional slot concentrated winding permanent magnet synchronous machine with consequent pole rotor for low speed direct drive," IEEE Trans. Magn., vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 2965-2968, Nov. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2196417
- N. Watanabe H. Sugimoto A. Chiba T. Fukao M. Takemoto "Basic characteristic of the multi-consequent-pole bearingless motor", Proc. Power Convers. Conf.-Nagoya 2007. PCC'07, pp. 1565-1570.
- D. Li, R. Qu, J. Li, W. Xu, "Consequent pole toroidal winding outer rotor vernier permanent magnet machines", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 4470-4481, Nov./Dec. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2015.2458953
- Heewoon Kim, Jongjun Bae, Jaeduk Jang, Insik Joo, "Reduction Method of Cogging Torque for EV/HEVAir Conditioner CompressorMotor" The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 2011.5, 1212-1216 (5 pages).
- F.N. Najm, "A Survey of Power Estimation Techniques in VLSI Circuits," IEEE Trans. on VLSI Systems, pp. 446-455, Dec. 1994.