- Volume 67 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optimal Operation According to Appropriate PCS and Battery Capacity Estimation of PV-BESS System
PV-BESS 시스템의 적정 PCS, 배터리용량 산정에 따른 최적 운영에 관한 연구
- Choi, Yun Suk (Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Na, Seung You (Dept. of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2018.07.11
- Accepted : 2018.08.21
- Published : 2018.09.01
In December 2017, the government announced plans to increase the current proportion of renewable energy from 7% to 20% by 2030 through a plan called the Renewable Energy 3020 Implementation Plan. Therefore, the demand for installation of photovoltaic(PV), wind turbine(WT) and battery energy storage system(BESS) is expected to increase. In particular, the system combined with energy storage system(ESS) is expected to take up a large portion since PV and WT can receive high renewable energy certificates(REC) weights when combined with ESS. In this study, we calculate the optimal capacity of the power conditioning system(PCS) and the BESS by comparing the economical efficiency and maximize the efficiency of the PV-BESS system in which the PV and the BESS are connected. By analyzing the system marginal price(SMP) and REC, it maximize profits through application of REC weight 5.0 and optimal charge-discharge scheduling according to the SMP changes.
- 'Ministray of Trade, Industry & Energy', 'Korea Energy Agency', "2017 Energy Demand Management and New Regeneration Policy Presentation", 2017
- 'Ministray of Trade, Industry & Energy', "Extension of installation of energy storage device (ESS) in solar power plant", 2016
- 'Korea Energy Agency', 'INI R&C', "A Study on the Present State of Policies for Promoting ESS Expansion in Major Countries", 2017
- 'Korea Power Exchange', http://www.kpx.or.kr
- Min Hee Chung, "Modelling of Solar Irradiance Forecasting using Local Meteorological Data", KIEAE Journal, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 273-278, 2017 https://doi.org/10.12813/kieae.2017.17.6.273
- Dok-Ki Jo, Young-Heack Kang, "A Study on the Solar Radiation Estimation of 16 Areas in Korea Using Cloud Cover", Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol .30, No. 4, pp. 15-21, 2010
- Young-Min Wi, Hyung-Chul Jo, Jaehee Lee, "Economic Comparison of Wind Power Curtailment and ESS Operation for Mitigating Wind Power Forecasting Error", KIEE Journal, Vol. 67, No. 2, pp. 158-164, 2018
- Jong-Seok Hong, Hui-Seok Chai, Jong-Fil Moon, "Calculation of ESS Capacity of Industrial Customer through Economic Analysis", KIEE Journal, Vol. 64P, No. 4, pp. 273-276, 2015.
- Hee-Sang Shin, Jae-Sun Hue, Sang-Yun Yun, "A Study on Sizing of Battery for Effective Operation of Standalone Renewable Generation System", KIEE Journal, Vol. 67P, No. 1, pp. 15-20, 2018.
- Seul-Ki Kim, Jong-Yul Kim, Kyeong-Hee Cho, Gil-Sung Byun, "Sizing and Economic Analysis of Battery Energy Storage System for Peak Shaving of High-Speed Railway Substations", KIEE Journal, Vol. 63, No. 1, pp. 27-34, 2014.
- Eun Kyoung Gong, Jin-Man Sohn, "An Analysis of Optimal Operation Strategy of ESS to Minimize Electricity Charge Using Octave", KAIS Journal, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 85-92, 2018.
- Wonjun Lee, Jaesung Jung, "Development of the Optimal Energy Storage System Charging/Discharging Scheduling Algorithm using Load and PV Generation Forecasting", KIEE Summer Conference, 2017.