- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Designing a Wideband Antenna Using Diplexer Matching Network for Tactical Vehicles
다이플렉서 정합구조를 이용한 전술차량형 광대역 안테나 설계
- Received : 2018.04.23
- Accepted : 2018.09.02
- Published : 2018.09.30
Tactical communication radio systems that employ software defined radios(SDRs) have been developed for achieving high-speed data transmissions and voice communications. Such systems possess multiband and multichannel features, and can potentially replace several existing radio systems. This paper proposes a design for wideband antennas by incorporating a diplexer matching network for tactical vehicles. The proposed antenna design includes two radiators(upper and lower) and a diplexer matching network connected to the end of the feed line such that the LC matching networks are interleaved in the lower radiator and spring mount. By employing the diplexer matching network, the designed antenna can perform wideband impedance matching for the fifty ohm feed line. The designed LC networks aid in varying the effective electrical length of the antenna according to the operation frequency. The primary objective behind adjusting the electrical length is to vary the current distribution above and below the LC networks. The proposed antenna was fabricated and tested in an open site. The obtained evaluation results show that the designed antenna can achieve a relative bandwidth of 190% with a VSWR value of 3.5:1, and can attain good antenna gains over VHF and UHF bands.
- L. Goeller, D. Tate, "A technical review of software defined radios: Vision, reality, and current status," in 2014 IEEE Military Communications Conference, Baltimore, MD, 2014, pp. 1466-1470.
- P. Sivalingam, S. Ooi, "Electronically tunable monopole antenna," in 2008 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, San Diego, CA, 2008, pp. 1-4.
- K. Yegin, A. Q. Martin, "Very broadband loaded monopole antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 1997 Digest, Montreal, Quebec, 1997, vol. 1, pp. 232-235.
- Y. Li, Z. Zhang, W. Chen, Z. Feng, and M. F. Iskander, "A switchable matching circuit for compact wideband antenna designs," IEEE Tranactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 3450-3457, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2071345
- T. R. O'Mera, R. L. Sydnor, "A very-wide-band balun transformer for VHF and UHF," in Proceedings of the IRE, Nov. 1958, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1848-1860.
- H. Mosallaei, K. Sarabandi, "Magneto-dielectrics in electromagnetics: Concept and application," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1558-1567, Jun. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2004.829413
- B. Yu, M. H. Dong, J. H. Cho, and S. W. Han, "A wide band antenna design using synthesis of independent dual resonance modes for manpack SDR(Software Defined Radio)," Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp 57-63, 2014. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2014.17.1.057
- X. Ding, B. Z. Wang, G. D. Ge, and D. Wang, "A broadband VHF/UHF double-whip antenna," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 719-724, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2011.2173141