- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design and Performance Evaluation of DAPSK System Using Efficient Constellation Assignment
효율적 성좌도 배치법을 사용하는 DAPSK 시스템 설계와 성능 평가
- An, Changyoung (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Ryu, Sang-Burm (Payload Electronics Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gyu (Payload Electronics Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Ryu, Heung-Gyoon (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2018.08.07
- Accepted : 2018.09.07
- Published : 2018.09.30
In satellite communications, a modulation technique with a low peak-to-average power ratio, high transmission efficiency, and low bit error rate(BER) is required, and differential amplitude and phase shift keying(DAPSK) modulation technique has been appraised as a technology that meets these requirements. However, because conventional DAPSK modulation uses a regular constellation diagram, the Euclidean distance between the symbols in the inner concentric circles of the constellation are quite short. Such a characteristic degrades the BER. In this paper, we propose a DAPSK system that uses an efficient constellation assignment to improve the performance of existing DAPSK systems and evaluate the performance of the proposed scheme. From the simulation results, we confirm that the proposed 16-DAPSK system achieves an signal-to-noise ratio gain of 0.8 dB over the conventional approach at a BER condition of
Supported by : 한국항공우주연구원, 한국연구재단
- S. D. Feng, H. P. Zhu, and G. X. Li, "Design concepts for multimedia satellite system," in 2008 11th IEEE International Conference on Communication Technology, Hangzhou, Nov. 2008, pp. 33-36.
- D. Yoda, H. Ochiai, "Distortion modeling and analysis for multilevel coded APSK with memoryless nonlinearity," in 2014 IEEE Global Communications Conference, Austin, TX, 2014, pp. 2874-2879.
- D. Yoda, H. Ochiai, "A reduced-complexity multilevel coded modulation for APSK signaling," in 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Istanbul, 2013, pp. 1994-1998.
- M. Anedda, A. Meloni, and M. Murroni, "64-APSK constellation and mapping optimization for satellite broadcasting using genetic algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 1-9, Mar. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBC.2015.2470134
- C. Xu, D. Liang, S. X. Ng, and L. Hanzo, "Reduced-complexity noncoherent soft-decision-aided DAPSK dispensing with channel estimation," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 2633-2643, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2013.2247430
- Band-Efficient Modulation, CCSDS 401(3.3.6) Green Book, Apr. 2003.
- R. Wei, "Differential encoding by a look-up table for quadrature-amplitude modulation," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 84-94, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2010.102910.100061