- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Fast Computation Method of Far Field Interactions in CBFM for Electromagnetic Analysis of Large Structures
임의 대형구조 전자기 해석을 위한 CBFM의 빠른 원거리 상호 작용 계산 알고리즘
- Park, Chan-Sun (Department of Electric and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University) ;
- Hong, Ic-Pyo (Department of Information & Communication Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Kwon, Obum (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Kim, Yoon-Jae (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Yook, Jong-Gwan (Department of Electric and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2018.06.07
- Accepted : 2018.08.28
- Published : 2018.09.30
The characteristic basis function method, or CFBM, is one of the representative electromagnetic methods widely used today. In this paper, we propose an accelerating algorithm for the far field interaction calculation of CBFM, to efficiently analyze the electromagnetic characteristics of arbitrarily large structures. To effectively analyze the electromagnetic characteristics of a large structure, it is essential to shorten the computation time. In the CBFM analysis method, the complexity can be greatly reduced by using approximations created via the multipole expansion method. The new algorithm proposed in this paper is applied to the computation of radar cross sections of conductor spheres and fighter aircraft, and it is confirmed that calculation time is reduced by 34 % and 74 %, respectively, without loss of accuracy compared with existing CBFM.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- R. F. Harrington, Field Computation by Moment Methods, New York, MacMillan, 1968.
- R. Coifman, V. Rokhlin, and S. Wandzura, "The fast multipole method for the wave equation: A pedestrian prescription," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 7-12, Jun. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/74.250128
- J. M. Song, C. C. Lu, and W. C. Chew, "Multilevel fast multipole algorithm for electromagnetic scattering by large complex objects," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1488-1493, Oct. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.633855
- E. Bleszynski, M. Bleszynski, and T. Jaroszewicz, "AIM: Adaptive integral method for solving large-scale electromagnetic scattering and radiation problems," Radio Science, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 1225-1251, Sep.-Oct. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1029/96RS02504
- V. Prakash, R. Mittra, "Characteristic basis function method: A new technique for efficient solution of method of moments matrix equation," Microwave Optical Technology Letters, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 95-100, Jan. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.10685
- R. Maaskant, R. Mittra, and A. Tijhuis, "Fast analysis of large antenna arrays using the characteristic basis function method and the adaptive cross approximation algorithm," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 3440-3451, Nov. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2008.2005471
- J. M. Song, W. C. Chew, "Error analysis for the truncation of multipole expansion of vector Green's function," in IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium. 1999 Digest. Held in Conjunction with: USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Orlando, FL, 1999, vol. 1, pp. 628-631.