- Volume 29 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Development of Small SAR System and Signal Processing Algorithm for Full-Polarization Data Acquisition with 30 cm Resolution
30 cm급 완전편파 데이터 획득을 위한 소형 SAR 시스템 개발 및 신호처리
- Song, Jung-Hwan (CAL Lab., EchoSensing Inc.) ;
- Jung, Chul-Ho (CAL Lab., EchoSensing Inc.) ;
- Choi, Jong-Joon (CAL Lab., EchoSensing Inc.) ;
- Kim, Jin-Soo (R&D Center, KST Technology Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Woo-Kyung (Department of Information and Electronic Engineering, Korea Aerospace University)
- 송정환 ((주)에코센싱 기술연구소) ;
- 정철호 ((주)에코센싱 기술연구소) ;
- 최종준 ((주)에코센싱 기술연구소) ;
- 김진수 ((주)케이에스티 기술연구소) ;
- 이우경 (한국항공대학교 항공전자정보공학부)
- Received : 2018.07.05
- Accepted : 2018.09.12
- Published : 2018.09.30
In this paper, a small synthetic aperture radar(SAR) system with 30 cm resolution is proposed, and a RAW data-based Doppler parameter estimation and motion compensation algorithm is described in detail. Acquisition of both PolSAR and InSAR data are enabled because there are two channels each in the transmitter and receiver modules. Automotive-based field work is performed to obtain PolSAR data, and signal processing results are ultimately obtained. A motion compensation algorithm is used to mitigate the residual phase error due to platform oscillation, and improved performance is obtained with the motion compensation algorithm using the automotive field test data.
- Available: https://www.imsar.com/.
- A. Meta, E. Imbembo, C. Trampuz, A. Coccia, and G. De Luca, "A selection of MetaSensing airborne campaigns at L-, X- and Ku-band," in EUSAR 2012; 9th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar, Nuremberg, Apr. 2012, pp. 414-417.
- A. Aguasca, R. Acevo-Herrera, A. Broquetas, J. J. Mallorqui, and X. Fabregas, "ARBRES: Light-weight CW/FM SAR sensors for small UAVs," Sensors, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 3204-3216, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3390/s130303204
- 황용철, 이철훈, "항공기탑재 소형 영상레이더(KOMSAR) 시스템 제어기 개발," 한국항공우주학회지, 33(3), pp. 86-92, 2005년 3월. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2005.33.3.086
- B. L. Cho, Y. K. Kong, H. G. Park, and Y. S. Kim, "Automobile-based SAR/InSAR system for ground experiments," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 401-405, Jul. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2006.873358
- 공영균, 김형철, 김승환, 김수범, 임재학, "분해능 30 cm급의 고해상도 SAR(NexSAR) 개발," 한국전자파학회논문지, 20(2), pp. 183-192, 2009년 2월. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2009.20.2.183
- 김덕진, 정정교, 김승희, "차세대 SAR 활용을 위한 이중 채널 항공기 SAR 시스템 구축 및 간섭기법 연구," 한국전자파학회 전자파기술지, 25(2), pp. 10-20, 2014년 3월.
- 이기웅, 김범승, 문민정, 송정환, 이우경, 송용규, "드론을 활용한 초소형 SAR 영상 구현 및 품질 보상 분석," 한국전자파학회논문지, 27(9), pp. 854-864, 2016년 9월. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2016.27.9.854
- I. G. Cumming, F. H. Wong, Digital Processing of Synthetic Aperture Radar Data, Boston, Artech House, 2005.
- M. Martorella, F. Berizzi, and B. Haywood, "Contrast maximisation based technique for 2-D ISAR autofocusing," in IEE Proceedings, Radar, Sonar and Navigation, 2005, vol. 152, no. 4, pp. 253-262.
- X. Li, G. Liu, and J. Ni, "Autofocusing of ISAR images based on entropy minimization," in IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 1240-1252, Oct. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.805442
- 윤상호, 고보연, 공영균, 신희섭, "Stripmap SAR 신호처리를 위한 PGA 적용 기법," 대한원격탐사학회지, 27(2), pp. 151-161, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7780/kjrs.2011.27.2.151
- P. H. Eichel, C. V. Jakowatz, "Phase-gradient algorithm as an optimal estimator of the phase derivative," Optics Letters, vol. 14, no. 20, pp. 1101-1103, Oct. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.14.001101
- D. E. Wahl, P. H. Eichel, D. C. Ghiglia, and C. V. Jakowatz, "Phase gradient autofocus-A robust tool for high resolution SAR phase correction," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 827-835, Jul. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.303752
- D. E. Wahl, C. V. Jakowatz, P. A. Thompson, and D. C. Ghiglia, "New approach to strip-map SAR autofocus," in Proceedings of IEEE 6th Digital Signal Processing Workshop, CA, Oct. 1994, pp. 53-56.
- H. J. Callow, M. P. Hayes, and P. T. Gough, "Stripmap phase gradient autofocus," in Oceans 2003. Celebrating the Past... Teaming toward the Future, San Diego, CA, 2003, vol. 5, pp. 2414-2421.
- D. G. Thompson, J. S. Bates, and D. V. Arnold, "Extending the phase gradient autofocus algorithm for low-altitude stripmap mode SAR," in Proceedings of the 1999 IEEE Radar Conference. Radar into the Next Millennium, Waltham, MA, Jul. 1999, pp. 36-40.
- W. Ye, T. S. Yeo, and Z. Bao, "Weighted least-squares estimation of phase errors for SAR/ISAR autofocus," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 2487-2494, Sep. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.789644
- K. A. C. de Macedo, R. Scheiber, and A. Moreira, "An autofocus approach for residual motion errors with application to airborne repeat-pass SAR interferometry," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 3151-3162, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2008.924004
- L. Zhang, Z. Qiao, M. Xing, L. Yang, and Z. Bao, "A robust motion compensation approach for UAV SAR imagery," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 3202-3218, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2011.2180392
- S. R. Cloude, E. Pottier, "A review of target decomposition theorems in radar polarimetry," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 498-518, Mar. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.485127