- Volume 38 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
International Comparison of Fare Policy in Urban Metro
도시철도 운임정책 국제비교
- Chung, Sung Bong (Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Choi, Ji Ho (Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Ji Yeon (Seoul Metro) ;
- Kim, Dong Sun (Daejin University)
- 정성봉 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도경영정책학과) ;
- 최지호 (서울과학기술대학교 철도전문대학원 철도경영정책학과) ;
- 김지연 (서울교통공사 토목2사업소) ;
- 김동선 (대진대학교 도시부동산공학과)
- Received : 2018.05.09
- Accepted : 2018.07.11
- Published : 2018.10.01
Recently, as various metro lines have been constructed and connected to other lines the rate of utilization has also been increased. However, the existing fare policy which the government does still stick to causes not only inappropriate action to the demand pattern but aggravation of the profit of the operation company. This study reviewed rail fare policy of major countries such as Japan and U.K etc. to improve the rationality of fare policy in Korea. In order to systematical analysis of fare policy, such viewpoints as of fare decision method, the card fare discounting system, the structure of fare, and the government subsidy policy were reviewed. Based on the results from the review, various problems and improvement plans were drawn. Through this study, appropriate fare systems to urban railway users could be given to improve the chronic deficit problem of urban railway operators.
- Cho, K. S. (2006). "Foreign bus operation system and financial support system." KRITI Basic Study 05-6, Korea Research Institute of Transportation Industries.
- Chung, H. Y. (2006). "Introduction of reasonable public transportation fare system." BUSAN DEVELOPMENT FORUM 2006. 10, pp. 13-18.
- CITYLAB (2014). "5Lessons U.S. transit systems should learn from london."
- Jang, W. J., Han, S. Y. and Park, J. S. (2009). "Tax incentives policies for public transit users." KOTI (in Korean).
- KOTI (2014). KOTI-BRIEF Newsletter, Vol. 6, No. 2.
- Lee, S. M. and Lim, J. S. (2012). "Modularization : public transport reform." KOTI (in Korean).
- Lee, S. W., Han, S. Y. and Park, S. S. (2005). "Effectiveness analysis on public transit user support policy - A quantitative analysis of commuting cost subsidy program." KOTI.
- Lee, T. S., Lee, D. W., Jun, Y. J., Kwon, O. C. and Chung, J. K. (2006). "The improved device of Seoul subway fare system." J. Korea Soc. Railway, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 200-205.
- Oh, J. H., Choi, J. S. and Lee, J. Y. (2010). "Reforming transport pricing policies for green growth." KOTI (in Korean).
- Seoul Metro (2014). 30 years of Seoul metro.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government (2014). "Ample information disclosure."
- Shin, S. I. and An, K. J. (2012). "Variable pricing of transport sector in seoul." The Seoul Institute.
- The Seoul Institute (2013). Implementation plan of Seoul traffic system reorganization.
- Yoon, J. H. and Park, S. W. (2011). "A way of improving public transport fare system in Seoul metropolitan area considering private rail service." KOTI (in Korean).