- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Advice Information for Arriving Aircraft Landing Order on Air Traffic Controller's Work Efficiency
도착항공기 착륙순서에 관한 조언정보가 관제사 업무효율에 미치는 영향
- 김세연 (한국항공대학교 항공교통물류학과) ;
- 채홍아 (한국항공대학교 항공교통물류학과) ;
- 정현태 (국제항공운송협회) ;
- 김휘양 (한국항공대학교 항공교통물류학부) ;
- 이금진 (한국항공대학교 항공교통물류학부)
- Received : 2018.08.23
- Accepted : 2018.09.25
- Published : 2018.09.30
This paper describes the effect of advice information for arriving aircraft landing order on the air traffic controller's work efficiency. The air traffic control simulator used in the experiment was modeled on the basis of the aircraft parameters from BADA, gamma-command model and the 4-dimensional trajectory using the Bezier curve. The simulation results show that advice information was helpful for the performance of the work for users who did not have the air traffic control training. On the other hand, in case of users who have experience in air traffic control training, the work efficiency was lowered when the advisory information that does not reflect the user's intention is provided. Therefore, it can be seen that the effect of improving the work efficiency through advice information can be limited depending on the skill level of the air traffic controllers and the complexity of the air traffic situation.
Grant : 기계학습법을 활용한 항공관제용 항공기 시퀀싱 모형 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Airbus, "Global Market Forecast(GMF) 2017-2036", Growing horizons, Airbus S. A. S. 31707 Blagnac Cedex, France, D14029465, Apr. 2017.
- Eurocontrol, "AMAN Status Review 2010", 2010.
- J. A. Bennell, M. Mesgarpour and C. N. Potts, "Dynamic scheduling of aircraft landings", European Journal of Operational Research, 258, 2017, pp. 315-327. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2016.08.015
- D. Boehme, "Tactical departure management with the Eurocontrol/DLR DMAN", 6th ATM Seminar, Baltimore, MD, Jun. 2005.
- S. A. Engelland, A. Capps, and K. Day, "Precision departure release capability(PDRC) concept of operations", NASA, Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California, NASA/TM-2013-216534, Jun. 2013, pp. 3-5.
- B. Hilburn, C. Westin, and C. Borst, "Will controllers accept a machine that thinks like they think? The role of strategic conformance in decision aiding automation", Air Traffic Control Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 2, Aug. 2014, pp. 115-136. https://doi.org/10.2514/atcq.22.2.115
- C. Westin, C. Borst, and B. Hilburn, "Strategic conformance: overcoming acceptance issues of decision aiding automation?", IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, Vol. 46, No.1, Feb. 2016.
- Feigh. K, Pritchett. A, Denq. T and Jacko. J, "Contextual control modes during an airline rescheduling task", Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making, Vol 1, Issue 2, 2007.
- R. Flicker, M. Fricke, "Improvement on the acceptance of a conflict resolution system by air traffic controllers", 6th ATM Seminar, Baltimore, MD, Jun. 2005.
- Eurocontrol, "User manual for the base of aircraft data (BADA) revision 3.12", EUROCONTROL Experimental centre, EET Technical/Scientific Report No.14/04/22-44, 2014.
- H. Jung, "A study on the aircraft trajectory model for air traffic control simulation with 4D trajectory based operation", master's thesis, Korea Aerospace University, Korea, 2017.
- J. Nogami, S. Nakasuka and T. Tanabe, "Real-time decision support for air traffic management, utilizing machine learning", Control engineering, practice, Vol. 4, No. 8, pp. 1129-1141, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0967-0661(96)00113-X
- S. Inoue, K. Furuta, K. Nakata, T. Kanno, H. Aoyama and M. Brown, "Cognitive process modelling of controllers in en route air traffic control", Ergonomics Journal, Vol. 55, No.4, pp. 450-464, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139.2011.647093
- M. J. Bloem, "Optimization and analytics for air traffic management", Stanford University, USA, 2015.