- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Quad-rotor with Anti-Windup Based PI controller and Hovering Attitude Control Flight Test
적분누적 방지기법 기반 자세제어기를 이용한 쿼드로터 개발과 호버링 자세 제어 비행 실험
- Received : 2018.08.12
- Accepted : 2018.09.25
- Published : 2018.09.30
This paper deals with a development of a quad-rotor for a hovering attitude control. First, a rotational dynamics are derived to design an attitude controller. The attitude controller is based on PI (Proportional-Integral) controller. For a stable attitude control, an anti-windup method applies to the PI attitude controller. Additionally, a complementary filter is used to obtain more reliable attitude. Gain values of the attitude controllers based on the anti-windup method are obtained through tests. Finally, the quad-rotor with the anti-windup based PI attitude controller is developed and a hovering attitude control flight tests are performed. As a result, the developed quad-rotor is capable of stable hovering.
Grant : EO/IR 탑재 감시정찰용 450g급 초소형 멀티콥터 개발
Supported by : 방위사업청, 산업통상자원부
- Morgenthaler, S., Braun, T., Zhao, Zhongliang., Staub, T., and Anwander, M., "UAVNet: A mobile wireless mesh network using unmanned aerial vehicles," IEEE Globecom Workshops, Dec. 2012, CA, USA, pp. 1603-1608.
- Park, D., Lee, S., Park, S., and Song, T., "Design Modification of Airframe Shape for Ultra Light Quad-Rotor Development," Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2017, pp. 44-51. https://doi.org/10.12985/KSAA.2017.25.4.044
- Kim, Y., Shin, J., Lee, S., Lee, H., Lim, H., Kim, K., Lee, S., "Quadrotor Attitude Stabilization by Using PID Controller," Journal of Aerospace System Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2010, pp. 18-27.
- Lim, H., Park, J., Kim, D., and Kim, H., "Build Your Own Quadrotor," IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, Sep. 2012, pp. 33-45.
- Huang, R., Liu, Y., and Zhu J. J., "Guidance, Navigation, and Control System Design for Tripropeller Vertical-Take-Off-and-Landing Unmanned Air Vehicle," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 46, No. 6, 2009, pp. 1831-1856.
- Bohn, C., and Artheton, D. P., "An Analysis Package Comparing PID Anti-windup Strategies," IEEE Control Systems, Vol. 15, Issue 2, 1995, pp. 34-40.
- Choi, J.-W., and Lee, S.-C., "New Anti-windup Strategy for PI-type Speed Controller," The Transaction of The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers B, Vol. 54B, No. 12, 2005, pp. 629-637.
- Visioli, A., "Modified Anti-windup Scheme for PID Controllers," IEE Proceedings - Control Theory and Application, Vol. 150, Issue 1, 2003, pp. 49-54.
- Lee, H., and Kim, H., "Robust Trajectory Control for Quadrotor Using Geometric Control," Proceeding of KSAS Fall Conference, Jeju, Korea, Nov. 2012, pp. 514-518.
- Lee, D., Cho, S., and Shim, H., "Development of Mini Quadrotor Platform and Experiments on Outdoor Autonomous Swarming Flight," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 23, No. 11, 2017, pp. 905-911. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2017.17.0167
- Yang, S., and Lee, S., "Dynamic Modeling and Design of Controller based on Thrusters for Korean Lunar Module," Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2015, pp. 49-55. https://doi.org/10.12985/KSAA.2015.23.1.049
- Lee, Y., Doh, T., and Ryoo, J., "Yaw Attitude Compensation in a Quadrotor using Complementary Filter and Geomagneric Sensor Tilt Compensation," Proceeding of ICROS 2015, Daejeon, Korea, May 2015, pp. 85-86.
- Min, H., Yoon, J., Kim, J., Kwon, S., and Jeung, E., "Design of Complementary Filter using Least Square Method," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2011, pp. 125-130. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.2.125
- Wang, J., Lee, S., Yang, S., Lee, S., and Joo, S., "Attitude Control of the Quad-rotor using the Modified PID Controller," Proceedings of KIEE Summer Conference, Jul. 2011, pp. 1800-1801.
- Ozdemir, A., and Erdem, Z., "Double-loop PI Controller Design of the DC-DC Boost Converter with A Proposed Approach for Calculation of the Controller Parameters," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, Vol. 232, No. 2, 2018, pp. 137-148.