- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
How to enhance the security and operation of Self Bag Drop systems
SBD(Self Bag Drop) Systems의 보안 및 운영 개선 방안에 대한 연구
- Received : 2018.03.12
- Accepted : 2018.09.11
- Published : 2018.09.30
The SBD systems have made it possible that all boarding procedures are completed by passengers. With the SBD, air tickets can be issued and baggage can be consigned without the help of airline officers. This way, the SBD can improve the passenger circulation speed as well as decrease the time for passengers to wait for check-in, which is connected to the reduction of airlines' operaitonal costs. However, given that the SBD is a new technology, it has potentials to be used as a tool for air terrorism. This study purposes to determine methods to enhance the security and operation of SBD systems. With the aim, this paper investigated the existing literature on SBDs, self-check-in, airport security, air terrorism, risk management, aviation accidents, and information security. In order to compile real-time information about the SBD operations, twelve airports in North America, Europe, and Asia were analyzed based on existing studies on international SBD trends.
Supported by : 한서대학교
- Boeing, "Current Market Outlook, 2017-2036," 2017.
- Yang, C., Santonino III, M.D., "A Kano Analysis on the Adoption of Self-service Bag Drops at Singapore Changi Airport," 18th Air Transport Research Society World Conference 2014.
- Lee, K.S., Ji, M.S., "A Study on the Adoption of Self Bag-drop System to Enhance Airport Operation," Korea Aviation Management Institute Fall Conference Meeting Paper, 2014, pp.347-355.
- Choi, H.S.C, Cho, J., Kazda, P., "The Effect of Culture Differences on Self Check-in Kiosk Use: An Empirical Study of Canadian Travellers," International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 10(2), 2010, pp.117-152. https://doi.org/10.1080/15980634.2010.11434628
- Hwang, K.C., Yoo, K.Y., "A Study on Airport Security Performance Improvement based on Risk Management Concept," Journal of the Korean Society for Aviation and Aeronautics, 20(2), 2012, pp.47-57. https://doi.org/10.12985/ksaa.2012.20.2.047
- Ueda, K., Kurahashi, S., "How Passenger Decides a Check-in Option in an Airport," Social Simulation Conference, 2014.
- Lee, S.J., Lee, K.S., Kim, W.Y., "A Study on Application of Automation in the Domestic Check-in through Foreign Case Analysis," Korea Aviation Management Institute Fall Conference Meeting Paper, 2014, pp.513-516.
- Qingji, G., Taiwen, L., Qijun, L., "An Algorithm for Inspecting Self Check-in Airline Luggage based on Hierarchical Clustering and Cube-fitting," Sensors & Transducers, 168, 2014, pp.287-293.
- Chang, H.L., Yang, C.H., "Do Airline Self-service Check-in Kiosks Meet the Needs of Passengers?" Tourism Management, 29, 2008, pp.980-993. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2007.12.002
- Lee, K.S., Lee, S.J., "Analysis of Foreign Cases of Self Bag Drop System and Applicability in Korea for Simplification of Airport Check-in," Korea Aviation Management Institute Fall Conference Meeting Paper, 2015, pp.48-48.
- Kim, C.S., "A Study on the ITS Integrated Airport Security System," Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, 8(2), 2013, pp.339-344. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.2.339
- Park, C.S., Lee, D.B., Gwak, J., "Aviation Application: A Study on Enterprise and Government Information Security Enhancement with Information Security Management System," Journal of Korea Institute of Electronics Engineers, 15(6), 2011, pp.1220-1227.
- Cho, H.S., Seo, D.I., "Next-generation Data Protection Technology Development strategy," The journal of Korea Institute of Electronics Engineers, 41(4), 2014, pp.40-49.
- Kang, Y.S., Chun, Y.H., Shin, Y.T., Kim, J.B., "A Study of the Airport Model based on Security Risk," International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications, 8(11), 2014, pp.67-74.
- Speijker, L.J.P., de Jong, C.J.M., Giesberts, M.K.H., Laviv, O., Shumer, D., Gaultier, D., "Risk Assessment of Newly Proposed Concepts to Improve In-flight Security," Netherlands Aerospace Centre (NLR), 2006.
- Yang, J.H., "A Study on the National Police's Security Check in Incheon International Airport(IIA)," Hansei University Police Studies, 2012.
- Kwon, J.H. "Legal Status of Germany's Response to Terrorism and our Direction," Korean Association for Local Government Studies Academic Conference Kit, 2011, pp.143-161.
- Wittmer, A., "Acceptance of Self-service Check-in at Zurich Airport," Research in Transportation Business & Management, 1, 2011, pp.136-143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2011.06.001
- Shim, W., Massacci, F., Tedeschi, A., Pollini, A., "A Relative Cost-benefit Approach for Evaluating Alternative Airport Security Policies. Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES)," 2014 Ninth International Conference on IEEE, 2014, pp.514-522.
- Choi, H.J., "A Study on Risk Management on International Logistics Security," Korea Business Review, 3(1), 2010, pp.1-26.
- Shappell, S., Detwiler, C., Holcomb, K., Hackworth, C., Boquet, A., & Wiegmann, D. A.. "Human Error and Commercial Aviation Accidents: An Analysis using the Human Factors Analysis and Classification System," Human Factors: The Journal of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, 49(2), pp.227-242. https://doi.org/10.1518/001872007X312469
- Han, J.H., Hwang, Y.C., "A Study on Policy Direction for Prevention of Aviation Accident," Korea Transport Institute nonscheduled research report, 2013, pp.1-25.
- Lee, K.S., Seol, E.S., Young, S., "Impact of Human Factors for Student Pilots in Approved Flight Training Organizations in Korea," Aviation/Aeronautics/Aerospace International Research Conference, 2014.
- Netjasov, F., Janic, M., "A Review of Research on Risk and Safety Modelling in Civil Aviation," Journal of Air Transport Management, 14(4), 2008, pp.213-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2008.04.008
- Cowlagi, R.V., Saleh, J.H., "Coordinability and Consistency in Accident Causation and Prevention: Formal System Theoretic Concepts for Safety in Multilevel Systems," Risk Analysis, 33(3), 2013, pp.420-433. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2012.01886.x
- Lee, D.S., Kim, J.O., "A Study on the Security Check in South Korea," Social Science Research, 15(2), 2009, pp.27-62.
- Jeong, J.H., Yoo, K.Y., "Study on the Countermeasures for International Sports Events through the Case Studies and the Trends of Terrors and Countermeasures," Korean Journal of Security Convergence Management. 2(1), 2013, pp.89-107.
- Horonjeff, R., McKelvey, F., Sproule, W., Young, S., "Planning and Design of Airports, fifth ed," McGraw-Hill, New York, 2010.
- Salter, M.B., "Imagining Numbers: Risk, Quantification, and Aviation Security," Security Dialogue, 39(2-3), 2008, pp.243-266. https://doi.org/10.1177/0967010608088777
- Jeong, J.W., "A Study for Implementing the Airport Security System using the Information Security Technology" Yonsei University Graduate School of Engineering, 2002.