- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Load Identification Method for ICPT System Utilizing Harmonics
- Xia, Chen-Yang (School of Electrical and Power Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Zhu, Wen-Ting (China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Ma, Nian (China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Jia, Ren-Hai (China University of Mining and Technology) ;
- Yu, Qiang (China University of Mining and Technology)
- Received : 2018.03.14
- Accepted : 2018.06.19
- Published : 2018.11.01
Online identification of load parameters is the premise of establishing a stable and highly-efficient ICPT (Inductive Coupled Power Transfer) system. However, compared with pure resistive load, precise identification of composite load, such as resistor-inductance load and resistance-capacitance load, is more difficult. This paper proposes a method for detecting the composite load parameters of ICPT system utilizing harmonics. In this system, the fundamental and harmonic wave channel are connected to the high frequency inverter jointly. The load parameter values can be obtained by setting the load equation based on the induced voltage of secondary-side network, the fundamental wave current, as well as the third harmonic current effective value received by the secondary-side current via Fourier decomposition. This method can achieve precise identification of all kinds of load types without interfering the normal energy transmission and it can not only increase the output power, but also obtain higher efficiency compared with the fundamental wave channel alone. The experimental results with the full-bridge LCCL-S type voltage-fed ICPT system have shown that this method is accurate and reliable.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, Jiangsu Natural Science Foundation
- H. H. Wu, G. A. Covic, J. T. Boys and D. J. Robertson, "A Series-Tuned Inductive-Power-Transfer Pickup with a Controllable AC-Voltage Output," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 98-109, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2052069
- H. Matsumoto, Y. Neba, K. Ishizaka and R. Itoh, "Comparison of Characteristics on Planar Contactless Power Transfer Systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 2980-2993, June 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2178434
- M.J. Neath, U.K. Madawala and D.J. Thrimawithana, "A new controller for bi-directional inductive power transfer systems," IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Gdansk, pp. 1951-1956, 2011
- Y. Liu, R. Mai, P. Yue and Z. He, "A dynamic tuning method utilizing inductor paralleled with load for inductive power transfer," IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), San Antonio, pp. 1076-1079, 2018.
- C. S. Tang, Y. Sun, Y. G. Su, S. K. Nguang and A. P. Hu, "Determining Multiple Steady-State ZCS Operating Points of a Switch-Mode Contactless Power Transfer System," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 416-425, Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2007642
- M. Budhia, G. A. Covic and J. T. Boys, "Design and Optimization of Circular Magnetic Structures for Lumped Inductive Power Transfer Systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 3096-3108, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2143730
- Su Y., Chen L and Wang Z, "A load identification method for inductive power transfer system based on the least squares algorithm," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, 2015, 30, (5), pp. 9-14.
- Z. H. Wang, Y. P. Li, Y. Sun, C. S. Tang and X. Lv, "Load Detection Model of Voltage-Fed Inductive Power Transfer System," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 5233-5243, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2243756
- M. Khalilian, S. G. Rosu, V. Cirimele, P. Guglielmi and R. Ruffo, "Load identification in dynamic wireless power transfer system utilizing current injection in the transmitting coil," IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference (WPTC), Aveiro, 2016, pp. 1-4.
- G. R. Nagendra, L. Chen, G. A. Covic and J. T. Boys, "Detection of EVs on IPT highways," IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition - APEC, 2014, pp. 1604-1611.
- D. Lin, J. Yin and S. Y. R. Hui, "Parameter identification of wireless power transfer systems using input voltage and current," IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), PA, pp. 832-836, 2014.
- Hu Si deng and Liang Zi peng, "Research of the contactless load detection based on characteristic parameters in transient process," Proceedings of the CSEE, 2017, 37, (6), pp. 1850-1856.
- Dai X, Sun Y and Su Y G, "Study on constant current control of inductive power transfer with parameter identification," Journal of Chongqing University, 2011, 34, (6), pp. 98-104.
- Yue S, Wei H and Yu Gang Su, "A load identification algorithm for contactless power transmission systems," Journal of Chongqing University, 2009, 32, (2), pp. 141-145.
- A. Dominguez, A. Otin, I. Urriza, L. A. Barragan, D. Navarro and J. I. Artigas, "Load identification of domestic induction heating based on Particle Swarm Optimization," IEEE 15th Workshop on Control and Modeling for Power Electronics (COMPEL), 2014, pp. 1-6.
- D. Navarro, O. Lucia, L. A. Barragan, I. Urriza and O. Jimenez, "High-Level Synthesis for Accelerating the FPGA Implementation of Computationally Demanding Control Algorithms for Power Converters," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 1371-1379, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2013.2239302
- Xia C Y, Ren S Y and Nian M, "Inductively Coupled Power Transfer System with Fundamental Wave and Harmonic Wave Two-path Parallel Transmission," Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2017.
- Zou A, Wang H and Hua J, "The movable ICPT system with multi-loads based on the LCL compensation circuit," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, 2014, 34, (24), pp. 4000-4006.
- J Li, C Liao and L Wang, "Decoupling method of maximum efficiency and transferring power for electric vehicle wireless charging system via LCCL circuit," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, 2015, 30, (s1), pp. 199.