- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Nonlinear Excitation Control Design of Generator Based on Multi-objective Feedback
- Chen, Dengyi (College of Electrical Engineering, Guangxi University) ;
- Li, Xiaocong (College of Electrical Engineering, Guangxi University) ;
- Liu, Song (College of Electrical Engineering, Guangxi University)
- Received : 2017.12.21
- Accepted : 2018.06.20
- Published : 2018.11.01
In order to realize the multi-objective control of single-input multi-output nonlinear differential algebraic system (NDAS) and to improve the dynamic characteristics and static accuracy, a design method of nonlinear control with multi-objective feedback (NCMOF) is proposed, the principium of this method to arrange system poles, as well as its nature to coordinate dynamic characteristics and static accuracy of the system are analyzed in detail. Through NCMOF design method, the multi-objective control of the system is transformed into linear space, and then it is effectively controlled under the nonlinear feedback control law, the problem to balance all control objectives caused by less input and more output of the system thus is solved. Applying NCMOF design method to generator excitation system, the nonlinear excitation control law with terminal voltage, active power and rotor speed as objective outputs is designed. Simulation results show that NCMOF can not only improve the dynamic characteristics of generator, but also damp the mechanical oscillation of a generator in transient process. Moreover, NCMOF can control the terminal voltage of the generator to the setting value with no static error under typical disturbances.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, Guangxi Natural Science Foundation
- L. Li, F. Yu, and X. Liu, "Feedback control of fractional nonlinear differential algebraic systems with Hamiltonian function method," Appl. Math. Comput., vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 904-913, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2007.08.021
- Q. Zang, K.F. Zhang, X.Z. Dai et al, "Invertibility of nonlinear differential-algebraic-equation subsystems with application to power systems," Math. Probl. Eng., vol. 2013, pp. 1-8, 2013.
- G.H. Xu, J. Wang, and C. Chen, "Feedback stabilization for AC/DC power system with nonlinear loads," Electr. Pow. Syst. Res., nov. 74, no. 2, pp. 247-255, Jan. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2004.11.003
- B.C. Sung, S.M. Baek, and J.W. Park, "Dynamic embedded optimization applied to power system stabilizers," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 390-398, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.2.390
- X.C. Li, M.Y. Chen, Z.J. Liang et al, "Excitation and steam-valving coordinated robust controller design for multi-machine power systems based on the multiindex nonlinear robust control approach," IEEJ Trans. Electr. Electron. Eng., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 425-434, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.22259
- F. Liu, R. Yokoyama, Y.C. Zhou et al, "Freeweighting matrices-based robust wide-area FACTS control design with considering signal time delay for stability enhancement of power systems," IEEJ Trans. Electr. Electron. Eng., vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 31-39, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.21692
- A. Karimi and A. Feliachi, "Decentralized adaptive backstepping control of electric power systems," Electr. Pow. Syst. Res., vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 484-493, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2007.04.003
- Q. Xie, Z.Z. Han, and H.J. Kang, "Adaptive backstepping control for hybrid excitation synchronous machine with uncertain parameters," Expert Syst. Appl., vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 7280-7284, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2010.03.038
- R. Huang, J.H. Zhang, and Z.W. Lin, "Decentralized adaptive controller design for large-scale power systems," Automatica, vol. 79, pp. 93-100, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2017.01.022
- A. Kanchanaharuthai, "Immersion and Invariance-based Non-linear Coordinated Control for Generator Excitation and Static Synchronous Compensator of Power Systems," Electr. Pow. Compo. Sys., vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 1004-1015, Jun 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2014.913734
- J. Hao, J. Wang, C. Chen et al, "Nonlinear excitation control of multi-machine power systems with structure preserving models based on Hamiltonian system theory," Electr. Pow. Syst. Res., vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 401-408, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2004.12.003
- B.J. Lei, S.M. Fei, "A brand new nonlinear robust control design of SSSC for transient stability and damping improvement of multi-machine power systems via pseudo-generalized Hamiltonian theory," Control Eng. Pract., vol. 29, pp.147-157, May 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2014.04.011
- X.C. Li, S.J. Cheng, H. Wei et al, "A high performance nonlinear excitation control for generator unit," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 40-45, Dec. 2003.
- C. Zhu, R. Wang, and Y. Zhou, "A new nonlinear voltage controller for power systems," Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 19-27, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-0615(96)00022-1
- G. Kenne, R. Goma, H. Nkwawo et al, "An improved direct feedback linearization technique for transient stability enhancement and voltage regulation of power generators," Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 809-816, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2010.01.018
- Q. Lu, Y. Sun, Z. Xu et al, "Decentralized nonlinear optimal excitation control," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1957-1962, Nov. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.544670
- X.C. Li, Z.B. Xie, Z.J. Liang et al, "Multi-index nonlinear coordinated control of STATCOM and generator excitation differential algebraic system," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 123-129, Jan. 2014.
- X.C. Li, S.J. Cheng, H. Wei et al, "Important effection of the output function in SISO nonlinear control system design," Proceedings of the CSEE, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 52-58, Oct. 2004.
- H. Liu, Z.C. Hu, and Y.H. Song, "Lyapunov-based decentralized excitation control for global asymptotic stability and voltage regulation of multi-machine power systems," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 2262-2270, Nov. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2012.2196716
- P. Kundur. "Power system stability and control," New York: McGraw-Hill, 1994, pp. 766-770.