- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design of Surface-Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Considering Axial Leakage Flux by using 2-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis
- Lee, Byeong-Hwa (Electric Powertrain R&D Center, Korea Automotive Technology Institute) ;
- Park, Hyung-Il (Advanced Brake Engineering Team, R&D Center, Hyundai Mobis) ;
- Jung, Jae-Woo (Advanced Brake Engineering Team, R&D Center, Hyundai Mobis)
- Received : 2017.11.21
- Accepted : 2018.05.31
- Published : 2018.11.01
This paper deals with optimum design of surface mounted permanent magnet synchronous motor (SPMSM) for automotive component. For a compact system structure, it was designed as a motor with a 14-pole 12-slot concentrated winding and hollow shaft. The motor is a thin type structure which stator outer diameter is relatively large compared to its axial length and is designed to have a high magnetic saturation for increasing the torque density. Since the high magnetic saturation in the stator core increases the axial leakage flux, a 3-dimensional (3-D) finite element analysis (FEA) is indispensable for torque analysis. However, optimum designs using 3-D FEA is inefficient in terms of time and cost. Therefore, equivalent 2-D FEA which is able to consider axial leakage flux is applied to the optimization to overcome the disadvantages of 3-D FEA. The structure for cost reduction is proposed and optimum design using equivalent 2-D FEA has been performed.
Supported by : Hyundai Mobis
- Hoon Y., Changhoe K., Wankyo J., Dokun K., and Jaeseung C., "Development of Smart Booster Brake System for Regenerative Brake Cooperative Control," SAE Paper, no. 2011-01-2356, 2011.
- Giseo P., Seibum C., and Dongyoon H., "Development of Clamping Force Estimation Algorithm and Clamp-force Sensor Calibration on Electromechanical Brake Systems," Transaction of KASE, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 365-371, April 2016.
- Choong-Sung L., Kyung-Tae J., Jung-Pyo H., Hae-Joong K., and Young-Kyung K., "Design of Brushless Permanent Machine with Skewed Stator for Electrical Power Steering System," Journal of Korean Magnetics Society, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 189-197, Dec. 2015. https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2015.25.6.189
- Ji-Hyun C., Doo-Beom S., and Jin-Ho K., "Design of Resonance Linear Electric Generator System for Vibration Energy Harvesting in Vehicle Suspension," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1357-3362, 2014.
- Jae-Woo J., Byeong-Hwa L., Do-Jin K.m, Jung-Pyo H., Jae-Young K., Seong-Min J., Do-Hoon S., "Mechanical Stress Reduction of Rotor Core of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 911-914, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2172582
- S. Lim, S. Min, and J. Hong, "Shape design optimization of interior permanent magnet motor for vibration mitigation using level set method," International Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 917-922, June 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-016-0089-7
- Luigi A., Massimo B., and Nicola B., "Design of a Low-Torque-Ripple Fractional-Slot Interior Permanent-Magnet Motor," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 1801-1808, May-June 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2285954
- Z. Z. Zolkapli, M. L. Mohd Jamil, S. M. Al-Habshi, A. Jidin, and M. N. Othman, "Torque Ripple Minimization Technique in Fractional-Slot PM Brushless Machines," in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Energy Conversion, Johor Bahru, Malaysia, Oct. 2014.
- Gu-Won C., Woo-Sung J. Ki-Bong J. and Gyu-Tak K., "The Optimal Design of Fractional-slot SPM to Reduce Cogging Torque and Vibration, J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 753-758, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.5.753
- Johannes H. J. Potgieter, and Maarten J. Kamper, "Calculation Methods and Effects of End-Winding Inductance and Permanent-Magnet End Flux on Performance Prediction of Nonoverlap Winding Permanent-Magnet Machines," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 2458-2466, July-Aug. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2295468
- Liang C., David H., Jiabin W., Andrew C., Martin S., and William O., "Reduced Dysprosium Permanent Magnets and Their Applications in Electric Vehicle Traction Motors," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 51, no. 11, No. 8109004, Nov. 2015.
- Chaowei L., Shuai G., Wenbiao F., Renjie C., and Aru Y., "Dysprosium Diffusion Behavior and Microstructure Modification in Sintered Nd-Fe-B Magnets via Dual-Alloy Method," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 3233-3236, Jul. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2243128
- Yu Chen, Z. Q. Zhu, and David Howe., "Three Dimensional Lumped Parameter Magnetic Circuit Analysis of Single-Phase Flux-Switching Permanent-Magnet Motor," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1701-1710, Nov.-Dec. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2006352
- Jae-Han Sim, Dong-Gyun Ahn, Doo-Young Kim, and Jung-Pyo Hong, "Three-Dimensional Equivalent Magnetic Circuit Network Method for Precise and Fast Analysis of PM-Assisted Claw-Pole Synchronous Motor," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 160-171, Jan.-Feb. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2017.2749312