- Volume 13 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Optimal Damping Control Algorithm of Direct Two-level Inverter for Miniaturization and Weight Reduction of Auxiliary Power Supply on Railway Vehicle
- Lee, Chang-hee (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Ju (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2018.05.23
- Accepted : 2018.08.22
- Published : 2018.11.01
This paper proposes an optimal damping control algorithm of the DTI (Direct Two-level Inverter) to miniaturize and reduce the weight of auxiliary power supply for railway vehicles. The conventional auxiliary power supply for railway vehicles uses a DC-DC converter to maintain the inverter input power from the line voltage smoothly. The proposed topology does not use a DC-DC converter for reducing of manufacturing and maintenance costs. It also proposes a DTI topology removed damping resistors that generate ground signal noise in a certain period. At this time, a resonance phenomenon of DC-link voltage occurs due to variation of the inductive load, and a method of controlling the resonance phenomenon of DC-link voltage is required. In order to suppress the resonance phenomenon of the DC-link voltage, at a point before resonance occurs, this paper introduces an algorithm to suppress the resonance phenomenon of DC-link voltage by compensating the resonance component of the q axis voltage of the synchronous reference frame. The proposed algorithm verifies the effect through simulation and experiment.
Supported by : Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement
- S. Inarida, K. Nakamura, and Y. Iwaji, "Study on Instantaneous Voltage Control Method for Auxiliary Power Supply System Used in Rolling Stocks," Trans. IEE Japan, vol. 116-D, no. 11, pp. 1132-1139. 1996.
- J. S. Kim, st. al., "Instantaneous Voltage Control of Auxiliary Power Supply for Railway Application Using H.G.C and State Feedback," in Conf. Rec. ICEE'98, vol. 2, pp. 538-541, 1998.
- H. J. Shin, Y. J. Park, and Y. J. Son, "Reliability Research through Improvement in Locomotive Auxiliary Power Maintenance," J. the Korean Society for railway, pp. 795-807, May. 2012.
- K. S. Kim, "A Case Study on Failure during Operation of Line 4 Train Auxiliary Power Supply (SIV)," J. the Korean Society for railway, pp. 241-244, Oct. 2017.
- S. S. Lee, D. H. Shin, J. M. Kim, Y. C. Kim, and C. Y. Won, "A Study of 20kVA IGBT SIV development and Production for Electric Coache," in conf. power electronics annual, pp. 309-313, Jul. 1997.
- J. S. Kim, J. H. Choi, S. S. Lim, and E. K. Lee, "Instantaneous Voltage Control Scheme of Auxiliary Power Supply System for Electric Railway Vehicles," Trans. Korean institute of power electronics, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 349-356, Aug. 1999.
- O. Deblecker, A. Moretti, and F. Vallee, "Comparative study of soft-switched isolated DC-DC converters for auxiliary railway supply," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 2218-2229, Sep. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2001879
- J. Weigel, A. Nagel, and H. Hoffmann, "High voltage IGBTs in medium frequency traction power supply," presented at the 13th European Conf. on Power Electronics and Applications-EPE, Paper 8040, 2009.
- I. Quesada, A. Lazaro, C. Martinez, A. Barrado, M. Sanz, C. Fernandez, R. Vazquez, and I. Gonzalez, "Modulation technique for low frequencyharmonic cancellation in auxiliary railway power supplies," IEEE Trans.Ind. Electron., vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 3976-3987, Sep. 2011.
- D. C. Yang, J. W. Kim, and Y. B. Lee, "Resonance Characteristic Improvement of Direct Two-Level Auxiliary Power Supply," J. the Korean Society for railway, pp. 1398-1403, Oct. 2012.
- S. G. Parker, B. P. McGrath, and D. G. Holmes, "Regions of active damping control for LCL filters," in Proc. IEEE Energy Conver. Congr. Expo., pp. 53-60, 2012.
- J. C. Wiseman and B. Wu, "Active damping control of a high-power PWM current-source rectifier for line-current THD reduction," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 758-764, Jun. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.843939
- N. Choudhary and D. Kaur, "Vibration Damping Materials and Their Applications in Nano/Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems: A Review," J Nanosci Nanotechno, vol. 15, pp. 1907-1924, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2015.10324